What do you collect?

The Duck

I have a fairly large Donald Duck collection that includes plush, Christmas ornaments, figurines AND three Big Figs. I also have a few items with Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, and Ludwig Von Drake. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find quality merchandise/collectibles with Donald. You can find Mickey just about everywhere, from Wal Mart to Walgreens, but Donald Duck is another matter entirely.

Mikester71

A little bit of everything I guess...pins, movies, figures, bobbleheads, cups, books, watches, collector tins and plates, music, etc., etc.:ROFLOL:Some of it has been accumulated from our 3 trips since March 2005, but most of it has been found and bought by my wife at garage sales during the summer months. She LIVES to garage sale, and you would be surprised at some of the Disney memorabilia she finds and most of it dirt cheap! I have went with her a few times and can't believe some of the stuff people will sell for next to nothing. :eek:

The funny thing is, although I grew up "liking" Disney and had tons of Disney related toys and books and watched all the movies and specials as a child, it wasn't until my first trip to WDW with my family in 2005 (as a 35 year old adult no less) that I truly became a HUGE Disney fan! I was instantly hooked and the collecting began!!! :sohappy:

Mikester71

I have a fairly large Donald Duck collection that includes plush, Christmas ornaments, figurines AND three Big Figs. I also have a few items with Daisy, Scrooge McDuck, and Ludwig Von Drake. You wouldn't believe how hard it is to find quality merchandise/collectibles with Donald. You can find Mickey just about everywhere, from Wal Mart to Walgreens, but Donald Duck is another matter entirely.

I know, right! :brick:Found the coolest Donald coffee mug at the Disney Store near us here and snatched it up just after Christmas. REALLY cheap too!!! (Actually free, as I had Disney Store gift cards thanks to Sam's Club) :sohappy:

WDW2010

Dvds, T-shirts, last year on my first WDW trip I didn't purchase any pins I never really looked into WDW before I went ( Bad idea ) now that I've researched WDW thoroughly I now know what to do/want. Wish there was a way to find a 2010 pin for the year of my first visit :mad: hopefully at one of the pin stores in WDW.

majorrfb

Collect-mmmmmmm

Although I love WDW, I rarely collect anything. I do purchase an occasional mug, hat, shirt etc. My wife likes Mickey watches and sweat shirts. That's about it. :wave:

I have all my tickets, room keys and maps. I circle the rides we went on and mark if we liked them or not. I collect magnets. I like the pins but only if it catches my eye. I think we have enough autograph books and pens to last us a while, and you can never have enough refillable mugs. My kids remind me how I promised on the next trip they can get their own. I wish I had started a collection of the glass christmas ornaments. ...hopefully next time. :sohappy:

WDWFigment

Primarily Figment collectibles (if anyone has figment Christmas ornaments they want to sell, let me know!)

Camera straps, although not as much recently as other supposed collectors have listed theirs at exorbitant prices, driving up tue market.
081009000085.jpg

I also have a lot of pins (but haven't bought any in 2 years or so)
Figment Convention! by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Sarah and Tom's Walt Disney World Top 30 Must Sees - #13 by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Katherine

I have a casual collection of pressed pennies going. They are so fun and fit the college student budget well! They are so fun! I have a rule though... when I see a machine I only get one coin at a time, that way I can continue the hunt on later visits!

plaz10

I have a a few books filled with pressed pennies from when I was younger.

Now I collect shotglasses. I limit myself to one per trip.

loveofamouse

I have an odd obsession to collect the light spinner toys. When we go to the Ice shows or the parks, I have to buy one. They have to be different. My mistake, though, was allowing my kids to keep them. Some have broken pieces... which gives me a reason to buy more :) My favs are the ones from the Ice shows. Those are so detailed and different from the park ones.

I'm developing a love/desire for pins. I haven't gone nuts with them yet because I don't have a place for them but I'm thinking to get a scrapbook but instead of doing paper pages, doing thin foam pages so the pins can stick in them without poking through the back.

I collect shot glasses in general. I have some Disney ones that I really like.

I'm also in the middle of scrapbooking all of our disney trips which gives me a reason to go nuts in the scrapbooking aisles buying everything disney! lol

I used to love buying Disney pjs for my kids but the quality has really dipped on them so I don't buy them as often. My kids are obsessed with tink, toy story and minnie so, again, another reason to buy anything disney.

I also keep out keys to the world.

I want to do a disney kitchen but only if it can match my colors. lol I also want to do my kids' bathroom in Mickey but I haven't figured out what colors to do without it looking goth(classic red black yellow and white). I'm thinking to do yellow walls, but that would leave all of the fabrics to be red or black (white towels in a kids bathroom turn brown/gray quickly). Anywho. I'll work that out here soon :)

MillerPoppins

Pins! I got a lot on the last trip and now bf is in to them too...big time!

That's the biggest thing I collect each time now, but I collect Mary Poppins stuff as well. I just got the Mary Poppins Pook a Looz this week! Woohoo!

MissM

I have a lot of Disney pins:

Disney Trading Pin Collection by PhoenixFireDesigns, on Flickr

And I have a casual collection of other things like pressed pennies, Disney shirts, Mickey ears, mugs, and assorted things that catch my fancy. I have a lot of Disney stuff in general just from going so often, and everyone knowing I'm a Disney fan. :lol:

ABigBrassBand

Primarily Figment collectibles (if anyone has figment Christmas ornaments they want to sell, let me know!)

Camera straps, although not as much recently as other supposed collectors have listed theirs at exorbitant prices, driving up tue market.
081009000085.jpg

I also have a lot of pins (but haven't bought any in 2 years or so)
Figment Convention! by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Sarah and Tom's Walt Disney World Top 30 Must Sees - #13 by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr
Your figment collection is amazing, 'nuff said.

WDWRLD

Resort Mugs, Popcorn buckets, all the room keys and tickets over the years. And brochures, I keep about 10 of each different one from each trip.....so I have boxes and boxes of them.

wishes2013

I started getting CDs. I've got wishes, spectromagic, and four parks one world. We also do pins. We buy a ton on eBay before we leave and then I usually pick a hidden Mickey set to find once there. This time I finished a set from last time and then finished another three! I love them!

GenerationX

Pressed Pennies and Park Maps. I've divided the Park Maps into my official, not leaving the house collection and the extra ones (doubles, if you will) I keep at home and the office to give to newbies before their first trip.

dreasons

Disney fan going on 30 years....Here are a few things I have collected..

Have every different type Disney Dollar made
Have ALL Disney Animated DVDS.....Plus Pixar..all in wrappers still..building nice maple box to store and first grandchild will get collection.

Had collected all resort mugs until for some foolish reason they stopped making them.

Have Fastpasses from every available ride

Have hotel keys from every yearly resort we've stayed starting in 1985
I have also collected the hotel keys, which are referred to as " key to the World. I also collect watches, I have several different styles of Mickey watches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom