What do you collect?

Iteachwood

Original Poster
Disney fan going on 30 years....Here are a few things I have collected..

Have every different type Disney Dollar made
Have ALL Disney Animated DVDS.....Plus Pixar..all in wrappers still..building nice maple box to store and first grandchild will get collection.

Had collected all resort mugs until for some foolish reason they stopped making them.

Have Fastpasses from every available ride

Have hotel keys from every yearly resort we've stayed starting in 1985

T-1MILLION

The Disney Die Cast Model ride vehicles and other pieces of the Attractions and Theme Park collection things that they stopped making. I don't have all of them but I have a good chunk and many of the early on ones.

H2Opolo15

I have been 6 times since 96 and I have every Burnbaum's guide since then.

I have every map from every park every year we've gone (including Very Merry Christmas Party)

We also collected all the Caribbean Beach Resort mugs until they stopped making the resort specific ones.

And I plan on starting to collect the theme park editions of the Vinylmation figures.

I also have all of the park hoppers and card keys from every visit.

NYwdwfan

Have ALL Disney Animated DVDS.....Plus Pixar..all in wrappers still..building nice maple box to store and first grandchild will get collection.

My mother in law did this - long before there were grandkids - with all the VHS movies as they were released. We got a huge collection - again on VHS. When we went to watch Bambi the videotape had FUSED to itself and was unwatchable. Her heart was in the right place - who knew they would sit unopened for 15-20 years!!!

rodserling27

I collect maps and a few FP's from each trip, but I also try to collect soundtrack CDs. I've got most of the current ones, and eBay is GREAT for getting out-of-print ones!! :sohappy:

ddbowdoin

New Disney fan... was always a fan as a kid but wasn't until I went on my last trip (March 2010, as a 25 year old) that I became addicted. I have a nice DVD album that has a sleeve on each page to show the artwork and I am trying to collect as many disney animated films over time... so that one day my children can enjoy these wonderful memories and stories.

jato4x4

Maps from every park every visit, also the EPCOT maps from each country in that countries language. Also I get a new book every visit, my best one so far I got in the 90's it has a purple binding and shows pictures from construction of all the parks, and has pics of land clearings from AK (which was just beggining construction at the time. I do the pins also, but now its only ones I really like, and the AP and Visa ones. Havent got into vinylmations yet, other than the AP ones. I love my Toad vinylmation. I also have all kinds of stuff from the 70's my grandparents had.

Tinkerbell 8

I collect pins (have most of the resorts, rides, and characters). Also collect shot glasses, movies, cds, books, maps, room keys, figures, pictures of us on all the rides, magnets from each year we go, xmas tree ornaments, t-shirts. I am obsessed with scrapbooking so i make a scrapbook for each of our disney trips.

Raychul

I collect anything Haunted Mansion and 3 Hitchhiking Ghosts. Pins, artwork, tshirts, ect. Just anything that has to do with Haunted Mansion and the 3 ghosts, I love those guys.

Epcotdad

i am with H2Opolo15. I have every Burnbaum guide every year i have been. Also i collect memeories with my beautiful wife and amazing son

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Disney fan going on 30 years....Here are a few things I have collected..

Have every different type Disney Dollar made

Had collected all resort mugs until for some foolish reason they stopped making them.

Have Fastpasses from every available ride

Have hotel keys from every yearly resort we've stayed starting in 1985

the only normal disney things i collect are disney pins, d23 magazines, all kingdom keepers books, and memories! :animwink:

un-normal things i do is collect interesting newspaper arcticles and tape them to the walls of my tiny office under our stairs, as well as stuff like fastpasses and disney broadway show magazines -the slips you get when you see the broadway shows-, also taped to my walls.

Thorpyness

Only been going since 2003, and have most of the main maps from the 4 different years we went, in nice folders. I like how there are a few extinct attractions that i've got under my belt, even though I am obviously nowhere near a veteran.

I have 2009 & 2010 baseballs, and cups. I went in 2003 and brought back the original theme park monopoly, got the new version in 05, and in 09 I gor baseball and cup with the year on to differentiate that visit. Then in 2010, I went for another cup and another baseball. I'm trying to collect memory reminders rather than sets of things.

Phonedave

I collect "oddball' stuff. If it is readly available or someting that is a designated souvineer, I pretty much don't go near it.

Thing that I have are

Stacks of VMK cards (I am sure plenty of people do)
Medal from the old Sword in the Stone / Merlin show
A variety of "Magical Moment" certificates.
Firework shell casing fragments from the EPCOT 25th anniversery I:ROE tag

Other stuff that escapes my memory.

I also collect pins, but only pins that I like.

-dave

DimpledDevil18

I collect the pins. Considering I don't go too often I'd say I have a pretty good collection. If I have $100 to spend on souvenirs I'd rather load up on pins because to me each pin on my lanyard has its own story or memory attached to why I bought it. Wish I thought to keep other Disney related things from my childhood :(

WDW_Emily

I get a refillable mug everytrip. Have about 6 now.

The stubs from the parks along with fastpasses.

Keys to the world from every trip. I keep the most recent one in my wallet until my next trip....is that werid?:lookaroun

Also the classic pins. I currently have two landyards full and one half full. Here's a picture of my most recently completed one. With my favorite pin, opening day Everest pin:)
SAM_0216.jpg

WDW_Emily

I collect "oddball' stuff. If it is readly available or someting that is a designated souvineer, I pretty much don't go near it.

Thing that I have are

Stacks of VMK cards (I am sure plenty of people do)
Medal from the old Sword in the Stone / Merlin show
A variety of "Magical Moment" certificates.
Firework shell casing fragments from the EPCOT 25th anniversery I:ROE tag

Other stuff that escapes my memory.

I also collect pins, but only pins that I like.

-dave

sorry for the double post but I just read this. I COLLECT THOSE TOO!!! If you look at my landyard pic, I have two pins from the vmk card set.
gosh I miss that game....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom