What do you collect?

SnowWhite5669

I collect Disney Salt & Pepper Shakers!! I only have 8 sets because they don't make new ones all that often!! Hopefully, they will new ones next week!!!

Ames0097

I collect the Animated DVDs/Movies. I stick to the ones that were in theaters plus a few sequels. We are starting a magnet collection: ride magnets, charcters, parks, resorts.
We also collect the Disney tumbler glasses that have the floating Mickey's & glitter in them. They are getting hard to find, we have a few resort ones and 30th Anniversary ones. I hope they have new ones this coming May.

26 more days!!

surfsupdon

Since I was a really, really young kid, I wanted to be a pirate. Pirates of the Caribbean was the best ride and Swiss Family Robinson the best movie. Therefore, on each vacation, I buy a "pirate coconut head." They are simply a coconut chiseled into the head of a pirate with fabric and other things added to make them more relistic and coorful. You can only buy these at Pirates of the Caribbean abd Caribbean Beach. My first one cost 4.95 but now I buy them for close to 15. ARRRRRRRRR!!

DisneyBound

I wish I would pick something Disney to collect instead of buying everything! :( I would love to collect the snowglobes but cant afford the high prices...some are over $100.00 each plus I would die if the kids broke one. (and I want to buy lots of them :) ) Im going to have to pick a theme for our trip this year and collect something.

Dwarful

Hey Disneybound ...don't tell my husband that "everything" isnt a collection! ;) I too fall into that category, besides the teapots that he always gets me, we get the girls the pennies, quarters, magnets,pins, t-shirts, park maps, unused fastpasses, see what I mean???? Everything is a collection...right???

wdwforus

Originally posted by DisneyBound
I wish I would pick something Disney to collect instead of buying everything! :( I would love to collect the snowglobes but cant afford the high prices...some are over $100.00 each plus I would die if the kids broke one. (and I want to buy lots of them :) ) Im going to have to pick a theme for our trip this year and collect something.

It is hard to pick just one item. For my girls I wanted them to collect something that would be something they pass down to their kids. I thought the autograph books with their pics with all the characters was something really nice. For my self though I think I have thought practical and will start collecting things that I am not afraid to use. I had a Pluto stuffed anima lwhen I was a kid and bought a Pluto t-shirt last April so I think Pluto it will be. When he saw I had on my Pluto t-shirt at AK he got all excited. The girls were getting his autograph and he saw my shirt and got all animated and came over and gave me a hug, the kids were roaring. I do also collect hats, like my Dad, and will have to get a new every time I go. I save the one I bought last year just for vacations now.

EmeraldDolphin

I collect keychains & watches... my daughter collects the pennies and quarters that get pressed in the machines... and my husband collects shotglasses. Whenever anyone goes away anywhere they bring my husband back a new shotglass... what is up with that?? No one remembers my keychains, or my daughters pressed coins...

wdwforus

Originally posted by EmeraldDolphin
I collect keychains & watches... my daughter collects the pennies and quarters that get pressed in the machines... and my husband collects shotglasses. Whenever anyone goes away anywhere they bring my husband back a new shotglass... what is up with that?? No one remembers my keychains, or my daughters pressed coins...

I guess you need to start collecting shot glasses eh?

PurpleFigment

I think it would be easier to say what I DON'T collect! Well, my major collections are my snowglobes (40 on display, unknown number still in boxes), animation cels -- preferably the original drawings and the Walt Disney Classics Collection figurines. My living room bookshelves are covered in them! I've got pins, clothes, plates, christmas ornaments, bobbleheads, Harmony Kingdom boxes...you name it and I've probably got it! I'd say that the snowglobes, cels and WDCC are my favorites, though! Especially the villians!

Gregory

I collect
-Pins
-Disney Brochures
-Disney Trivia Books (by Dave Smith + Kevin Neary)

And, I don't know if it counts, but I have every Disney Adventure, and ever Disney Magizine for, like, the last five years...

I like brochures because they have the dates of trips on them (but the newer ones don't), but I've been buying old ones from EBay...

Also, I have a massive chest full of Disney Adventure Magizines... I still get them, even if they've gone downhill...

I collect shot glasses as well. I've got about 55 at last count from my last 3 trips. These are from the parks/attractions and the resorts I've stayed at. They are about the only thing I buy when I'm there. It's fun hunting them down.

jcraycraft

I collect anything with WDW on it :lol: That includes old guide maps dating back to 1972, plus preview guide from 69 and 70. Disney Dollars and got to have coffee mugs, dishes and even ashtrays/matchbooks. Old ticket books, tickets hopefully complete ones. Oh yeah WDW vacationland, Disney News and annual reports. Like I said if it has WALT DISNEY WORLD on it I need it!!!!!! The only problem is getting the wife on the bandwagon.:D

DanStat

I collect anything that says "Walt Disney World"! ;)

Right now, I really like the "Where Magic Lives" merchandise, and the new Four Parks logo. It's got like animated park logos. I can't find much of it, but I hope to find some when I go in April!

I also like collecting Animal Kingdom Lodge stuff.

disneygirl03

I collect pins, stuffed animals, pressed pennies, keychains, and a lot of other stuff. I think every time I go there I spend more and more $$$!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom