What do you collect?

MicBat

I collect all of the different mugs they have at all the the resorts and carts around WDW. I also collect all of the theme park CD's!

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by MicBat
I collect all of the different mugs they have at all the the resorts and carts around WDW. I also collect all of the theme park CD's!

That's another one I should have added to me Park collections, while I don't seem to go out and actiively collect them, I do have them all. Now how did that happen? :)

RU

Dwarful

Originally posted by disneydentist
Ditto on the plates. Every Friday I put a different plate on the car. BTW, Tokyo Disney had license plates too, complete with Mickey shaped screw holes. Knock on wood, my first, and only, antenna topper is over a year old.

ok here is my stupid question of the day...are you talking about actual license plates? or the holders? we have the holders on our van that says "been there, done that, going back"

maybe its just a midwest thing but you have to have your actual state plates on the front and back of your vehicle here in IL & MO(that way the state can charge you more!)

westie

Yep, actual Disney liscence plates. Put them on the front bumper and you won't get pulled over as much!:lol:

gjpjtj

Originally posted by Dwarful
maybe its just a midwest thing but you have to have your actual state plates on the front and back of your vehicle here in IL & MO(that way the state can charge you more!)

No it's not just a midwest thing. It depends state to state. New York for example you need 2 plates, but cross into Pennsylvania, and its only one.

:)

celestia

Originally posted by jaimjaim25
HERE THEY ARE!

I collect snowglobes too, I have seen all of those pretty ones that you have except...I have never *ever* seen a bambi one! wow! that is a beautiful snowglobe! :sohappy:

celestia

Originally posted by Becky
SJT Have you seen a Disney Villians tee shirt with female only villians?

I tried everywhere at WDW. They called Central Merchandise and the only thing they could find was mixed (male and female) villians.

I am sure I saw female only Villians in the past but nothing at WDW, on-line or in the catalog now.:(

When i worked at MGM (i left in august, so it was awhile ago..) THey had the "bad girls" shirt at villains in vogue. It might not be there anymore, but definately the place to look. They had a lot of hard to find villain merchandise.

BongoMonkey

Originally posted by RU42
MANY MANY thanks! I will defintiely pop in. I am in the process of also digitizing my WDW videos and DL videos. Last night I was digitizing Country Bear Christmas (DL) version. I miss the Bears!

RU

What program do you use to digitize home movies??

Thanks in advance

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by BongoMonkey
What program do you use to digitize home movies??

Thanks in advance

I will give the short answer here, there is a whole discussion group on DIGITAL MEDIA:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=26

Anyway - I just purchased a Sony VAIO system that comes with Gigapocket. I am able to digitally record TV shows. i t also has the capabilitites to capture from my Hi8 camera. It also has the capabilitites to capture Digital Video via iLink.

The capture currently is through Gigapockets software. I am still working on editing and conversion; just haven't had time. The raw MPG2 capture for the Bears Holiday is 1 gig in size. Conversion and Compression will bring that down. I think the program I will be using to start with is Adobe Premiere.

Again, that is the short answer. The link above will take you to a discussion group that focuses on this topic.

RU

Frontierland

-attraction posters(9: Splash, BTM, 20,000 LUtS, Tomorrowland, HM, Mad Tea Party, WDW RR, PoTC, WDW Monorail)
-on-ride photos(2)
-napkins
-maps
-information/time guides
-character hats
-glow in the dark stick thing that you swirl around
-100 yom souvenir book
-WDW tickets
-Disney animated DVDs
-2000 magic kingdom mug(the one with water surrounding it)
-parking tickets('02, '03)
-Mr. Potato picture you create at DTD in Orlando.
-I also collect my receipts from everything
-WDW DVD Vacation Planning Packages

celticdog

Disney Music, be official or unofficial, past and present, assorted interpretations (classical, county, bluegrass), Music of Park Cds. music of parades.

There is alot of great Disney music out there and i can't seem to get enough of it. Especially songs from the parades and nightime displays.

MicBat

Originally posted by Frontierland
napkins
maps
information guides

That's something I forgot to mention.... I've been collecting napkins, paper plates, bowls, anything with the WDW name on it since I was about 6... everyone remember the "many moods of mickey" stuff they had? :lol:

AdLibSean

Originally posted by CaptainEO
I collect the attraction posters. I have 8 of them, and I need 2 more....The Monorail and Snow Whites Adventure......I go all the time, but $30 a pop really takes its toll on a college kid. You've ever eaten bologna sandwiches for 3 months straight? Is not as fun as it may sound.....

Totally feel you there bud! :lol: I love the attraction posters but only have 3 Tomorrowland, RR, and HM. And I believe they just raised the price to 30 buck a pop in the last year, when I bought my first one it was only 25$. Bologna hmm? Fast Mac is my savior!

disneydentist

I forgot Christmas ornaments. We have a 9 1/2 fott tree that is smothered with both park exclusive and Hallmark Disney ornaments. After this trip we might need a second tree.

Coins and Pennants

I collect the coins sold in the parks with the park attractions and such, not the mint quality ones. They are just too expensive. I have a few vintage Disney Pennants a family member gave me, and I've continued the collection. You just don't see them available like they used to be.

Jerry Schauer
Commando Imagineer

Attachments

• pennant-disneyland02.jpg.jpg
    pennant-disneyland02.jpg.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 128

cymbaldiva

I collect liscence plates...

Now that I think about it, I don't remember when the last time was that my car wasn't sporting a Disney tag! :)

I do collect the antenna toppers too - I'm just don't put my favs on my car ... I'd be really ill if one got thugged! :fork:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom