What do you collect?

RU42

Original Poster
I know a lot of people collect pins, so let's leave them out of this discussion. I was wondering what else people collect?

I collect Park books (Pictorial Souvenirs, XX Years, etc.) If it has pictures and history of the parks, I collect it. I am only missing 1 Disneyland Pictorial Souvenir book. I have all of the Anniversary books and many other books as well (Nickel Tour type.) I am working on my WDW collection. I have the Anniversary books and a few of the pictorials.

What I love best about my collection is looking at the ride changes over the years. One of my favorites is the change in the JungleBook as the plants have grown and grown.

So, what do you collect?

RU

DarkImage4

Even though I've just started, I'm collecting the WDW Monorail toys.

What can I say, I'm just a big kid. :sohappy:

(Oh yeah, we collect pins too...)

pisco

I collect Haunted Mansion stuff. So far I have managed to get 2 pieces from last years HM Happy Haunts ball, the snowglobe, a die-cast doombuggy and a few bits and pieces from the souvenir cart. May favorite thing of all has to be the full-sized replica of the HM plaque. I found it on e-bay a couple of years ago. It was not produced by Disney (if I remeber correctly it was made by a magic company of some kind) and I have never seen it offered again. I'm hanging on to that one for sure.

What I am looking to add now is one of the Attraction Miniatures that were wold in the parks around '97 or '98. If anyone knows where I could find one I would be eternally greatful.

CaptainEO

I collect the attraction posters. I have 8 of them, and I need 2 more....The Monorail and Snow Whites Adventure......I go all the time, but $30 a pop really takes its toll on a college kid. You've ever eaten bologna sandwiches for 3 months straight? Is not as fun as it may sound.....

mickhyperion

Collecting

Aside from collecting every last bag, hotel soap, and scrap of official paper that comes my way :) I am starting to collect watches. My favorite so far is one I picked up in Disneyland recently... a completely BACKWARDS Goofy watch. It runs in reverse...

Sherm00

I collect the Movies, TV shows, DVD's etc. I have almost all of the disney movies on video and I am getting them again as they come out on DVD. I don't collect them as to treasure them, I like to use them and watch them over and over. I like to get the movies when you preorder them at the disney store because I also like to collect the lithographs that comes with them. if Disney dosn't have a move on tape or CD I go through the internet and get tons of animated shorts and stuff. and burn it to VCD.

westie

I collect Disney liscence plates. I got em from WDW, DL, and DCL. And yes, I use them. I used to collect Disney antenna balls but, they kept getting ripped off!!!

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by Sherm00
I collect the Movies, TV shows, DVD's etc. I have almost all of the disney movies on video and I am getting them again as they come out on DVD. I don't collect them as to treasure them, I like to use them and watch them over and over. I like to get the movies when you preorder them at the disney store because I also like to collect the lithographs that comes with them. if Disney dosn't have a move on tape or CD I go through the internet and get tons of animated shorts and stuff. and burn it to VCD.

Your post reminds me: In addition to the books on the parks, I collect the Video's too. A Day At FILL_IN_THE_BLANK or special ones like A Disney Christmas or WDW Gardens, etc.

I now have a computer that I can directly record any TV program and burn it to DVD. So I am planning on capturing other stuff like the Travel Channels WDW Hotels, etc.

RU

kwt10

I also collect watches, I have around 35 or so right now. I had a custom made table made to hold them (shown in picture). The larger ones that have statues with them I keep in another case.
Email me if you would like to see close-ups of anything.

Attachments

• table03.jpg
    table03.jpg
    252 KB · Views: 262
:wave:
I collect all the movies and Pocahontas stuff like snowglobes, figurines, I love Meeko the Raccoon. Watches seem to be a popular thing to collect, my fiancee has recently started up a small collection.

bhg469

its kinda lame but i collect the pennies and the quarters from the presses around the park. unfortunately i always am out of change so when i go back next year im getting a couple rolls to go with

gjpjtj

Originally posted by RU42
Your post reminds me: In addition to the books on the parks, I collect the Video's too. A Day At FILL_IN_THE_BLANK or special ones like A Disney Christmas or WDW Gardens, etc.

I now have a computer that I can directly record any TV program and burn it to DVD. So I am planning on capturing other stuff like the Travel Channels WDW Hotels, etc.

RU

You should check out this thread Ride Videos in here you will find tons of videos that you can access from Popkid's IRC server! Lots of great WDW footage.:)

(The thread is 116 pages long, so you might want to zip towards the end!)

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by bhg469
its kinda lame but i collect the pennies and the quarters from the presses around the park. unfortunately i always am out of change so when i go back next year im getting a couple rolls to go with

Nothing lame about that one. Here is an idea for you. I have a change jar at home. All my coins get dumped in there. Before my last trip, I emptied the thing out and rolled all the shiny pennies and all the quarters. I ended up with 150 really nice pennies and about $30 in quarters. So I had a bunch of fun hunting for the machines and the whole thing really didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

RU

RU42

Original Poster
Originally posted by gjpjtj
You should check out this thread Ride Videos in here you will find tons of videos that you can access from Popkid's IRC server! Lots of great WDW footage.:)

(The thread is 116 pages long, so you might want to zip towards the end!)

MANY MANY thanks! I will defintiely pop in. I am in the process of also digitizing my WDW videos and DL videos. Last night I was digitizing Country Bear Christmas (DL) version. I miss the Bears!

RU

celestia

I collect:

-Pins (hundreds)
-Venetian Masks (from Italy pavillion)
-Park Maps
-Snowglobes
-Anything Maleficent, Tinkerbell, or Figment

Dwarful

well, when my husband and I went to WDW for our honeymoon he bought me a Winnie the Pooh teapot that is shaped like a hunny pot ( I am big into Pooh) so now on every trip he picks out a new teapot and surprises me!

We also collect the pennies and quarters (mostly its our daughters, nieces, nephews that do this!) and of course each child on each trip picks out a new stuffed animal (another one of dads brilliant ideas!)

bhg469

Originally posted by RU42
Nothing lame about that one. Here is an idea for you. I have a change jar at home. All my coins get dumped in there. Before my last trip, I emptied the thing out and rolled all the shiny pennies and all the quarters. I ended up with 150 really nice pennies and about $30 in quarters. So I had a bunch of fun hunting for the machines and the whole thing really didn't cost me anything out of pocket.

RU

thats a good idea since my pile of change is always growing. ill keep it in mind

RPMdfw

I buy all kinds of souveniers, but the only thing I can really say I "collect" at WDW is debt. :lol:

And I'm really good at accumulating that while in the world, let me tell ya!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom