What do you adults think of when you see a character *SPOILERS*

sublimesting

Original Poster
I think I would out of instinct and then feel stupid about it afterwards.

There was a thread about this before and various CMs said different things. Most said they smiled but some said they made faces to amuse themselves or just stood there. So think of that, you're getting pictures of Mickey and the person inside looks like this:
Image%20507%20Funny%20face%20Man.jpg

the-reason14

I know its a man(or woman) in a suite, been knowing that. But when I see the character Mickey, or Minnie, I say there's Mickey and there's Minnie. Even though I know what it really is deep down, whenever I see the character being represented, I think of that character.

Funny story last year, my older cousin and her daughter me and my brother were walking in epcot about to go to the MK. We passed the charcter spot and my younger cousin was like, "Oh there's Minnie, I want to take a picture." My older cousin was like, "Oh baby no, we going to the MK, maybe we'll see her over there." My younger cousin was like, "How is she going to be over there if she's over here." And my older cousin said, "Oh baby, there's more than one." I lol, and then I was like, "Dang, just ruining the magic for the little chilren." And then my older cousin laughed, and was like, "Oh baby no, she's gonna hop on the monorail and go over there,....... no baby there's more than one." Lol. :lol::lol:

daliseurat

I get excited. To me they ARE the characters. I go to WDW to believe it all. I've even had Donald through a fit because I tried to sneak my Pal Mickey into a photo with him! Gotta love it! However, the characters that are FACE characters, like the princesses, they have to work so much harder to convince me. I try to believe, but I just don't especially with Ariel. The best character I ever met was MAry Poppins. My family and I spent a good 15 minutes alone with her and she WAS Mary Poppins. It was so fantastic!

Tom

Beta Return
Characters

We had a fun opportunity about 3 years ago. I had become friends with an entertainment CM who used to visit this forum. I found out that she was very good friends with Mickey, Minnie and many other 5'-2" characters.

So, when our group went to WDW, she had my cell and called me when she was going to be at the Studios and when Minnie would be doing her 20-min rotations at the Sorcerer's Hat.

So, we went to the Hat and got in line for Minnie. As we walked up, I gave Minnie the "I know you" signal (point to eye, nose, and then at her). Minnie seemed to understand and we took a big group pic. Minnie struck a pose with one knee bent.

Then, about 20-min later, I got another call from this girl and we all met her outside GMR, behind the left wing wall. We all got in the same order and she struck the same pose that Minnie had struck in our character photo.

Needless to say, it's a cool set of pictures that we have now. Kind of a before and after. I'd post them, but I don't want to reveal her identity for a handful of reasons.

And as for "smiling on the inside" - not so much when it's 90-degrees out and you're wearing a giant wool suit with a hard plastic head. You're lucky to be able to see through the sweat running down into your eyes.

And no, unless they've changed something, Disney does not provide cooling systems for the character costumes.

And on a side note, the snowglobe domes were never air conditioned because they would have fogged up in the hot FL temps. They had a little bit of air blowing up into them from the bottom, but that's it. They literally WERE dutch ovens, which is a big part of why they finally removed them.

djpoore94

I still get really excited when I see any character, but I also feel sorry for them when it's so hot, I don't know how they do it!

Future Guy

I'm a 31-year-old man, but I love the characters. It's a lot of fun interacting with them, but in the back of my mind I'm always thinking "I'll bet the guy in the suit thinks I'm a loser."

It feels weird when my wife and I are the only people in line without kids.

wil303

I really dont give it much thought about who is in the costumes. About the only thing that catches my attention from a "whose in there thing" is if I get a handshake. Typically a strong shake would make me think guy, but you never know.

The main thing with the characters for me is the interaction that they have with my kids and also me and my wife if we happen to be in the picture. I can name countless times that the characters actually took time with my family and made it special.

We have had Mickey take my oldest daughter and dance around with her and hold her hand and help her walk around just when she was beginning to walk. Pocohontas did the same thing. We've had Crue Ella DeVille come up to my daughter during the Hollywood parade at MGM and proclaim that she didnt have any spots and she proceeded to give her a huge kiss on the cheek that left red lipstick on her for the remainder of the day. I've had Pooh and Eeyore get down on the floor at MK and play with my oldest for 15 minutes and pretend they didnt want to give her back. These are the times when the characters are the most real to me.

The Epcot (Disney Visa) character meet is also great for some character interaction.

_Scar

I don't like to be the center of attention or picked on by characters. I only like characters for photo ops. The costumes are, mostly, amazing. I won't get in line for M&G's or go out of my way to wait in line, but I will if other people in my group wants to. Otherwise, I think fooling around with characters, autographs, and waiting in massive lines to meet a character as an adult is a bit childish. I only see it as a normal thing when adults are with children. BTW, I'm only 17. So, yeah.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom