What Disneyana Do You Collect?

SonicRuin

My wife used to collect snow globes, but those all (with the exception of one) met with an untimely demise due to a poorly constructed stand they were on.

Just getting back from the families first trip to WDW (my second, but it was 25 years ago and I was 13 and in full "attitude" stage and against the very thought of being in Disney...so that time really doesn't count too much), and the wife and kids started pin collecting. Plus my wife scrapbooks, so I guess there was the Disney SB'ing stuff bought.

I myself really love the Pressed Coins. It seems nobody else collects those. My kids started collecting those also. Between the three of us we probably got about 100 on the trip.

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I myself really love the Pressed Coins. It seems nobody else collects those. My kids started collecting those also. Between the three of us we probably got about 100 on the trip.

I've got a few from the mid 90s. You are right though, the pressed coins are not very popular anymore.

Green Lantern

The pressed coins aren't popular? What a shame. My wife and I enjoy collecting those. Over the years we filled two of those penny press book thingies with the coins we collected.

This past May I finally found a Scrooge McDuck one. I had been searching for him for a while, I love that guy. I was pretty excited.

PigletIsMyCat

Pins and snowglobes (sort of). I only have five large snowglobes and two small ones, and a couple of them were finds in the Property Control trailer.

Since I'm not made of money, I try to limit my pin buying to specific groups. I collect Alice and Jessica Rabbit pins mostly, and it saddens me that quite a few of the Jessica Rabbit pins out there were part of those very pricey Disney Auctions sets.

I also collect pins of when I was at Disney - Labor Day, Thanksgiving, parties, etc. As well as the Passholder and Disney Visa pins.

Oh, and certain CM pins. Oh, and Everest pins. Err... and some Princess pins - Cindy and Aurora -related.

I have a bunch of the pressed coins from my honeymoon. That was before I got into pins...

EPCOT.nut

Wake up, thread! :lol:

I didn't want to start a new thread - but I have a question for all the park map and paper collectors out there:

How do you arrange, organize, or otherwise keep your park maps, resort maps, postcards, and all that random stuff?

I'm not asking the people that just have a few from their last trip...I mean those of us that have 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974...all the park maps. Those of us that have paper bags from the 70's and 80' and pastic bags when they had the nice plastic handles....and all the news sheets from the resorts, and the weekly WDW happenings...HELP - any advice is appreciated!

(And don't tell me you just have them in boxes - I need some really good input here! :lol:)

Mr.EPCOT

How do you arrange, organize, or otherwise keep your park maps, resort maps, postcards, and all that random stuff?

I have a decent collection dating back to the early 80's. I get the large rubbermaid-type storage bins, and then stuff it with large Zip-locs of each park or category. So I have a large Zip-loc full of Magic Kingdom guidemaps, times guides, brochures, etc., and then a large Zip-loc full of EPCOT maps, etc. I also have a miscellaneous EPCOT zip-loc with all of the festival guides, Millennium Celebration booklets, Celebration 25 goodies, etc. Also zip-locs for things like the Resorts, Cruise Line, and so on so forth.

EPCOT.nut

I have a decent collection dating back to the early 80's. I get the large rubbermaid-type storage bins, and then stuff it with large Zip-locs of each park or category. So I have a large Zip-loc full of Magic Kingdom guidemaps, times guides, brochures, etc., and then a large Zip-loc full of EPCOT maps, etc. I also have a miscellaneous EPCOT zip-loc with all of the festival guides, Millennium Celebration booklets, Celebration 25 goodies, etc. Also zip-locs for things like the Resorts, Cruise Line, and so on so forth.

Yep I started with freezer bags and got disheartened because I like to read and look at the maps frequently. It just became a hassle trying to figure out where everything was if I was looking for something specific. I had them by year, then by park...and also by "really special stuff" versus not so special stuff. :lookaroun

I think I need to take it all out and start putting everything into categories. The last time I tried to organize I ran out of daylight and put it all back worse than it was! :lol:

Mr.EPCOT

I've thought about maybe getting a brochuere rack like you'd find at a hotel, but I think that'd be a little tacky looking. The ziploc system is the best I've thought of so far. Keeps them airtight and in good shape, and keeps them fairly organized.

EPCOT.nut

Yeah - I wanted to display them but can't frame them because I like to read them, too. I thought about a coffee table with the glass top that lifts up to put collectibles. I figured all my WDW ashtrays, interspersed with maps, pins, postcards, etc would be a neat way to display my stuff. Just put stuff in there that you would be able to "look down at" and have it recognizable.

Anything I didn't want to display I really would have to get back to the ziplock idea. I guess I feel like that kind of system makes them so "put away" that they are too far away for me to enjoy, but then again, I have SO MUCH that I don't fully enjoy it anyhow. Maybe I could do the coffee table thing and rotate my stock to keep it interesting....

:lol:

Mr.EPCOT

Yeah - I wanted to display them but can't frame them because I like to read them, too. I thought about a coffee table with the glass top that lifts up to put collectibles. I figured all my WDW ashtrays, interspersed with maps, pins, postcards, etc would be a neat way to display my stuff. Just put stuff in there that you would be able to "look down at" and have it recognizable.

Anything I didn't want to display I really would have to get back to the ziplock idea. I guess I feel like that kind of system makes them so "put away" that they are too far away for me to enjoy, but then again, I have SO MUCH that I don't fully enjoy it anyhow. Maybe I could do the coffee table thing and rotate my stock to keep it interesting....

:lol:

What I do with paraphenalia (sp?) that I have plenty of or can get more of, I have a large pegboard that I'll cut up maps, get postcards, FastPasses, and whatever I can find, and put my pins in them. For example, one corner I have a Contemporary postcard, I put a couple of Contemporary pins into it. Parts of the pegboard I have maps of the parks, so I'll put say a Mission: SPACE pin where it is on the map.

EPCOT.nut

What I do with paraphenalia (sp?) that I have plenty of or can get more of, I have a large pegboard that I'll cut up maps, get postcards, FastPasses, and whatever I can find, and put my pins in them. For example, one corner I have a Contemporary postcard, I put a couple of Contemporary pins into it. Parts of the pegboard I have maps of the parks, so I'll put say a Mission: SPACE pin where it is on the map.

I love that idea! I do have some duplicate maps and that would make a nice display. I hadn't figured out how to display pins and I just have them in a drawer - it would be nice to have them up on the wall.

I'm getting a new bed tomorrow - a "real bed" instead of just having a bed frame - :ROFLOL:- and I've been thinking of making my bedroom WDW and EPCOT collectibles - so that would work. Not the kiddy stuff (that would be a little weird to explain) and there is a lot of nice Art of Disney prints and more adult things like that I'm looking into...but I also wanted to display some of my old stuff. Hmmmmm

Thanks for the great idea.

EPCOT.nut

Just picked up this EPCOT Center puzzle that looks like it was never put together. It is a 'VIP" which stands for "Virtually Impossible Puzzle" so I am sure there was a reason no one ever attempted it...

I can't decide if I want to frame the puzzle and store the box or what..

Attachments

• 2335533489_e5cf07bbd9.jpg
    2335533489_e5cf07bbd9.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 2335537389_a60cf481ed.jpg
    2335537389_a60cf481ed.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 27

EPCOT.nut

It's the most random EPCOT item I have picked up yet. It also says on the box "Vastly Infuriating Puzzle."

:eek: It is For Sure going on the wall! :lol:

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I've started looking into scrap booking materials for storage.

I've got a Disney scrapbook with acid free plastic sleeves. You can buy sheets that have different sized openings for different sized items. I find they are a great way to store tickets.

As far as brochures... I still have not found a good way to store them. I just bought two huge storage bins to put everything in. Since I have tons of bubble mailers, I try to fit extra items in those.

EPCOT.nut

Yeah, it is! I was looking at Disney Art and different attraction posters to put on the wall and I found the puzzle was pretty cheap compared to some less interesting artwork. I really want a satellite map of EPCOT but they are kind of expensive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom