What Disneyana Do You Collect?

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I know this will get moved, but the collector's board is dead and I'm really interested in this...

I am interested in anybody who collects anything Disney. It doesn't matter what it is or why you do it, I would just like to talk to other collectors. I am trying to find websites devoted to Disneyana and the people who collect it, but it has not been smooth sailing.

i collect pins and I love to see architectural drawings of the park and history videos, and I just started Collecting Hallmark Disney Christmas Ornaments last year and I just got the coolest ones at that ornament premiere yesterday.
mickey_600_x_178_.jpg

They have some other cool ones coming out in October that I cant wait to get too. Oh and the Winnie the Pooh one has a scent packet that makes it smell like he is backing cookies.

Disneybird

I have snowglobes, lunchboxes, t-shirts, ornaments, art work, etc.. Really too much stuff. But I have about 30 of the Disney Classics figurines. They're my favorite.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The wife and I primarily collect snow globes (100 +/-) and recently we started getting big figures big figures (9). We also get the occasional poster, lithograph or pin.

New2WDW

Pins seem to be addicting! :brick: Wife also collected the Christmas Ornaments other than that we just like to save our money to get to the World for Vacation!

maelstrom

Pins, shirts, books, videos (of the vacation planning and souvenir variety), postcards, hotel info stuff (room service menus, phone directory, any paper that isn't bolted down), posters, park tickets, I dunno pretty much anything I can find. I have a few snowglobes but I'm not a big collector.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Are there a lot of Disney Snowglobe collectors? I always see them listed on craigslist...
It sure does seem that way but in my case my interest in them has declined over the last year or two. A few years ago it seemed like there was always a new must have snow globe but now it seems like there are only 2 or 3 a year that blow my skirt up.

WDWFigment

It sure does seem that way but in my case my interest in them has declined over the last year or two. A few years ago it seemed like there was always a new must have snow globe but now it seems like there are only 2 or 3 a year that blow my skirt up.

I understand what you're saying. Whenever I've seen the globes in the Art of Disney store, I find myself thinking a couple are cool, but nothing really that I must have.

Whereas when I go over to the Big Figures, I see several that I must have, and the only thing that stops me from getting them is monetary considerations (and space, as they are...big, and my college-student apartment is...small). I definitely could see collecting Big Figs when I get older...

aeromike

I collect pins, and I also buy parts for the Monorail set... shame thats becoming phased out, the grand floridian and polynesian on ebay for $50... plus postage its a bit too much than what it was retail. and random disney stuff like t-shirts, ornaments, books and dvd's, disney scrapbooking kits.

TheBeatles

Original Poster
I collect pins, and I also buy parts for the Monorail set... shame thats becoming phased out, the grand floridian and polynesian on ebay for $50... plus postage its a bit too much than what it was retail. and random disney stuff like t-shirts, ornaments, books and dvd's, disney scrapbooking kits.

Prices for monorail play sets are ridiculous.

got2lovedisney

In the Parks
No
I collect pins (you can see my collection on pinpics), Christmas Ornaments, vacation planning videos and brochures, The Disney Magazine, some snowglobes, lots of t-shirts, Lenox spice jars and tattoos (have 4 so far).

My biggest investments are the pins and the Christmas stuff which is not only ornaments but accessories too. If my DBF knew how much I've spent on those things, he'd have a cow!!

shanny

anything nightmare before christmas. we were just down and in the art of disney in epcot, they had a sign for an oogie booie figurine, but were out of stock and was told he retired in oct of 05. next day we were at dtd and they had one but the lady kept telling me it was part of the sneak preview they had, even though he wasnt on the list. she told me to not pay attention to the sign/list. i was verrry disappointed, but when we went back a few days later i asked another woman about it, it was the one that had been retired, by some miracle he was still there, so i snatched him up!!! :D now just waiting for him to arrive at my door... :p

Green Lantern

I collect Disney realted books, pins, Uncle Scrooge comics (so long as Carl Barks or Don Rosa illustrated and wrote it), DVDs, theatre posters, and then assorted things. I love The Black Cauldron, so when I find something on this I buy it, anything to do with Ichabod and the Headless Horseman, anything to do with Malecifent as a dragon, Merlin and Sword and the Stone items, the penny press' through out the parks. I also collect the Disney Gargoyles comic book (both the new one and the one Marvel Comics used to put out, only need 3 more issues) and the Disney Haunted Mansion comic book. I collect Rocketeer items as well, both from the Disney movie and the original comic book.

Wow, I think I collect too much!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom