What Disney things used to scare you when you were a kid?

FettFan

Also...although I cannot remember it, it's a family story that when I was a small child, my grandfather took me into the Haunted Mansion, and as soon as the Ghost Host started speaking, I freaked out and was practically wrapped around his head. lol.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I used to be afraid of the fog in the Disney shows and rides, expecially in the old lion king show when scar came out. I also used to be terrified of the dinosaurs on Universe of Energy. That's about it for me :)

Joshrzmeup

Add me to the Dinosaur ride fear. HATED it!!! Scary!!!

But similar to that, Indiana Jones at DL. The part where the snake lunges out at you. I now know not to sit on the ends, but in the middle.

Our first trip on Splash Mountain, in our picture, you can't even see my brother! He was in front and I guess when he saw the briar patch, he thought it was real so he ducked so far down into the log, lol. I'll edit this post and add it when I find what it is we did with it, lol.

ID3052

The Disney Holloween Treat thing that the Disney Channel used to show on Halloween used to freak me out as a kid. It was the magic mirror and the creepy voice over. I watched it on YouTube last Halloween and, at 25, it still freaked me out!

On Spaceship Earth, the first scene with the giant screen showing the Mammoth and cavemen always bothered me and still does. I know it's a video and not real but I'm always afraid the mammoth will just charge.

Steve

itsbetsyh

I went on the Norway ride with my dad once, it freaked me out so bad I still won't go on it. Also this is kind of silly, but the moving sidewalks used to get one some rides--like Peter Pan--I always was scared I'd miss the ride or something?

jmargarone27

My first trip to WDW I went on absolutely everything. I was four. Then for about 5 years, I wouldn't go on anything. The Haunted Mansion was terrifying, the drop of Pirates of the Caribbean was horrendous, and Tower of Terror...FORGET IT. Now, the tables have turned...sorta. My sister is afraid of a couple rides she used to do with ease (Rockin' Roller Coaster, Everest, & Tower of Terror, which is TERRIFIED of.) Strange...

FettFan

The Disney Holloween Treat thing that the Disney Channel used to show on Halloween used to freak me out as a kid. It was the magic mirror and the creepy voice over. I watched it on YouTube last Halloween and, at 25, it still freaked me out!

That's because....he was played by Jeffrey "Chairman Clench" Jones.
jeffrey-jones-magic-mirror.jpg

stacks_image_854_1.png

And he's also a fan of paying little boys to let him take nakey "art" pictures. , which is presumably one of the reasons Disney axed Alien Encounter altogether and brought in Stitch.

Marc Gil

Oh gosh... Who remembers the old Disney Sing Along called Disneyland Fun? The Great Outdoors segment with the Country Bears used freak me out! Who else can forget the Grim Grinning Ghosts part with the haunted trees and all of the villains? That used to give me nightmares!

topher

I remember being terrified and crying my way out of riding Alien Encounter with my parents. Looking back on it, I really wish I had just ridden it. It had to be better than Stitch.

WDW_Emily

I went on the Norway ride with my dad once, it freaked me out so bad I still won't go on it. Also this is kind of silly, but the moving sidewalks used to get one some rides--like Peter Pan--I always was scared I'd miss the ride or something?
My sister's first trip to WDW was when she was 4 years old and we went on the Norway ride. To this day she won't ride it because it freaked her out when she was younger.

I also when I was younger had something with those moving sidewalks. I always thought I'd have one leg in and wouldn't get the other in fast enough and the ride would take off. o_O

Going along with that I remember being about 5 or 6 and riding Peter Pan and freaking out because the ride stopped while we were "flying" to let a handicap person on. I freaked because I thought we were really flying and stopping to me meant we were going to fall. I was a weird one.

I also used to be scarred of Ursula. I was never scarred of her in the movie and then I went to DHS when I was around 4 and saw voyage of the little mermaid and seeing the huge Ursula gave me nightmares. Until I was around 7 I had nightmares every so often of Ursula being in my basement and trying to take a voice.

Again....The things I was afraid of :confused:

jmorri26

The Wicked Witch in Snow White's Not So Scary Adventures. No clue whey but when her cutouts as the hag would pop up I'd scream and cry. Even into my teens I went on it apprehensively. I did always have a strong fear I wouldn't make it into my car on things like the Haunted Mansion with the moving walkways. To this day I rush stepping on my own toes to get in fast!
Now my son at 7 months went on everything we could get him on- Haunted Mansion seemed to mesmerize him- he laughed when we went on the drop in Pirates. But a drop of water touched him in a ride and he went ballistic. Who knew!

discos

Oh gosh... Who remembers the old Disney Sing Along called Disneyland Fun? The Great Outdoors segment with the Country Bears used freak me out! Who else can forget the Grim Grinning Ghosts part with the haunted trees and all of the villains? That used to give me nightmares!
I grew up watching that Sing a long and the Grim Grinning Ghosts was fine for me to watch but when I was at the park I was freaked out just by walking by HM.
Also the Queen of Hearts terrified me; I have a picture with her only I'm standing about 5 feet away from her. She signed my autograph book and wrote "Chicken" in it.

Kitchandro

Most of it scared me when I was a kid! I was afraid to go on most rollercoasters, I went on Rock n Rollercoaster and I thought it would scar me for life.

It was a mistake going on Alien Encounter, I was absolutely terrified.

Even the Haunted Mansion creeped me out, still enjoyed it though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom