What Disney things used to scare you when you were a kid?

jw24

I did hide behind the couch the first time I saw Jurassic Park though during the Trex-Car scene.

Yeah, that scene was scary, especially when you're a 4 or 5 year old seeing it for the first time not knowing that it isn't real and there's some crafty technology to make it look real. Some may think I'm crazy but I've avoided Jurassic Park for years because in my mind, it's Jaws with dinosaurs!

BryceM

@raven24 YES, FORTE!!!!

I loved Beauty and the Beast and I remember watching the Christmas one all the time, but Forte really stood out. I mean, it's a crappy CGI in a cartoon movie with abyss-like eyes/mouth, a sadistic spirit and a disturbing voice. It still freaks me out...

As for at WDW, the aliens got me. GMR and Alien Encounter messed me up. Alien Encounter more so.

bubbles1812

Yeah, that scene was scary, especially when you're a 4 or 5 year old seeing it for the first time not knowing that it isn't real and there's some crafty technology to make it look real. Some may think I'm crazy but I've avoided Jurassic Park for years because in my mind, it's Jaws with dinosaurs!
Haha... You might just be ;) I actually like both, but yeah as a youngin' think it was another year before I watched that movie again. But I got over it. lol. And the JP ride is awesome.

Californian Elitist

@raven24 YES, FORTE!!!!

I loved Beauty and the Beast and I remember watching the Christmas one all the time, but Forte really stood out. I mean, it's a crappy CGI in a cartoon movie with abyss-like eyes/mouth, a sadistic spirit and a disturbing voice. It still freaks me out...

As for at WDW, the aliens got me. GMR and Alien Encounter messed me up. Alien Encounter more so.

He is CGI, right? I always wondered why he was the only CGI figure in that movie!

Californian Elitist

I just got this on DVD last Christmas for my daughter...Wow it might as well have been Silent Night Deadly Night. Scared the heck out of her to the point she wanst no part of the BOG restarant fearing Forte will be there.

Aaww, poor thing! I know how she feels. Forte looks like a zombie and just very odd in general. Hopefully she changes her mind about Be Our Guest.

secondstartotheright

The old hag from Snow White freaks me out. When my dd was little she was terrified of the heffalumps and woozles scene from winnie the pooh, and one of the aliens in BLSRS. Can't find a pic but it's the one that's hanging on strings in the end of the second scene (the one with the volcano). When she was about 6 we got stuck right in front of him for like 20 mins. She actually got so scared to the point where she wouldn't go on the ride for months afterward.

Sarabi124

Within the parks- HM, SWSA, and Dinosaur freaked me out as a kid.
Movies- Hunchback of Notre Dame scared me so much when I was younger. It's a pretty messed up and freaky movie when you think about it.

AndyS2992

Nothing movie related but when I was a kid I remember bursting into tears in the line for Space Mountain, Star Tours and Rock n Rollercoaster at Disneyland Paris as I was scared and was being forced to ride them haha

MOXOMUMD

Not a lot of fear from Disney but I was scared to death of Laughing Sal at Euclid Beach in Cleveland, OH. I wouldn't even go into the FunHouse because I had to pass her on the way in.

images
Me too! I thought she was going to eat me!

tinkerblonde11

Scared to death of the ToT ... convinced the first time I ride it's actually going to break and the car's going to fall
Still afraid of the ghoul heads that pop out from behind tombstones in the graveyard of HM
I hated the West Wing scene of Beauty and the Beast
Also when Ursula becomes huge in the Little Mermaid
Oh oh and in Snow White (movie) where the witch turns into the hag, the transformation scared me, especially her hands... still frightened

MOXOMUMD

There wasn't anything Disney that scared me when I was little. Heck Chernabog was my favorite Spectromagic float. (Must be the Dark Side in me.) But, and I'm dating myself here, as a non-Disney thing I was scared of the Banana Splits. Once they happened to be at the mall when we were and I ran into a store and hid in the middle of a clothes rack. It seems silly today but I have a mom that reminds of things!

And don't laugh but I am STILL scared of Oompa Loompas. Just the thought of them gives me the heebee-jeebees. (shudders) I couldn't go to my niece's play, Willy Wonka, because they sang that song and I didn't want to run out of the gym covering my ears and saying lalalalala. Now how many of you are singing that song? (covers ears) LALALALA!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom