What Disney things used to scare you when you were a kid?

EmmabaRose

The Haunted Mansion. Or rather Phantom Manor considering I was going to DLRP back then. I had a real thing about ghost trains, still do but not as bad. I think it's mostly because I hate jumps-scares, and I know there's things in there that are going to make me jump, so I'm on edge already which just makes it worse. XD

Anyway, I wouldn't ride until a school trip to DLRP at age 12, when apparently bravado prevailed over my fear and I didn't want to look like a wimp (plus much scarier things happened that day) and then rode HM a few months later at WDW.

NYwdwfan

I was scared in SWSA when the Evil Queen turned around and was the the witch. I rode that ride every year and I never remembered when it was coming and it scared me EVERY time. That and the train coming right at you in Mr. Toad. And the headshrinker on the Jungle Cruise (that one still freaks me out a bit and I'm not entirely sure why).

JIMINYCR

Never got to go to Disney as a kid, but as a small kid my father would take us to a local amusement park, he loved the roller coasters and for the longest time I would refuse to go on them. Then one year he persuaded me to go with him, saying we would be in the middle, but when we got to the font of the line he grabbed me and we sat in the front seat. What a hair raising ride. But ever since I've LOVED the front seat on coasters. THANKS DAD

JillC LI

Bre'r Fox. He once pretended to be a statue when I was 8, and when I went over to take a picture with him and my 4 year old sister, he sprung to life and scared the you-know-what out of us! LOL

Also, any thrill ride [although I must admit that lasted into my 40s when I finally tried Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, BTMRR, RnRC, Dinosaur, E:E and ToT. (Liked all but E:E and ToT.)]

danpam1024

Bre'r Fox. He once pretended to be a statue when I was 8, and when I went over to take a picture with him and my 4 year old sister, he sprung to life and scared the you-know-what out of us! LOL

Also, any thrill ride [although I must admit that lasted into my 40s when I finally tried Space Mtn, Splash Mtn, BTMRR, RnRC, Dinosaur, E:E and ToT. (Liked all but E:E and ToT.)]
Brer Fox is STILL scary- he chases you around too!

JillC LI

Brer Fox is STILL scary- he chases you around too!

I know! Ironically, I had told my own kids the story of Brer Fox scaring me as a child before our first WDW family trip (my kids were 5 and 7 at the time), and Brer Fox sneaked up behind them while we were sitting on a platform in Frontierland waiting for the parade to begin, and he scared them too! In front of my kids, I asked him if he remembered scaring me as a child, and he nodded yes and did not seem very ashamed of himself! LOL

jw24

For movies, Snow White and Sleeping Beauty were pretty creepy. For Snow White, the forest scene and when the queen transforms into the witch and pretty much any scene with the old hag. For Sleeping Beauty, the hypnosis scene was creepy. Maleficent's glowing eyes in the dark. The musical score made it worse. I would argue that the music was even scarier than the actual scene! I can't really think of any from a Disney park ride that scared me considering how I didn't go between the ages 3-10, where most kids typically go to Disney World. But I must confess that roller coasters did scare me a lot when I was younger so anytime I saw video footage of them or in person, yeah, to say I was terrified would be an understatement. One time in preschool, I saw Disneyland Fun and well...let's just say I wasn't having a wonderful feeling and a wonderful day during Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah.

bubbles1812

I have never been scared of anything within the parks. There was never a ride/show/attraction my brothers and I wouldn't go on. Soon as I was tall enough to ride a ride, on I went. Dad always laughed at our fearlessness though my mother worried ;)

As far as Disney movies... Nothing ever really scared me there either. I remember thinking the Elephants on Parade sequence was quite weird though, lol. I did hide behind the couch the first time I saw Jurassic Park though during the Trex-Car scene.

Every time I went close to the Haunted Mansion I would freak out. I had to be taken out of the line because I was so scared. Eventually I got over it and started to like it. Also I ended up on Stitches Great Escape. Now I know you'll say that it's not that bad. But for a little kid with a big imagination that thing is scary! Today I still will not go and try it again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom