What did you see?

Phonedave

I also love the guy that thinks his dog is the best trained dog in the world and wouldnt EVER leave his side since he has him trained so well. First sight of a squirrel, ears perk up and he is on the chase.

Those are the type dogs that like to try and give me a crotch sniff while running at a fast pace.

The funny thing is, my father's dog IS that well trained. He is a bird hunting dog. He does not chase animals, he stops and points at them. But my father keeps him on leash when he does walk him in public area.

-dave

MKCP 1985

This lady pulls up to a traffic light this morning driving a new BMW and she is dressed to the 9s. I see her roll down her window and then she spits a loogie and rolls the window back up. She did this twice before the light turned green. :eek:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
The funny thing is, my father's dog IS that well trained. He is a bird hunting dog. He does not chase animals, he stops and points at them. But my father keeps him on leash when he does walk him in public area.

-dave
I wish I could thank him. As well trained as animals are, they are still animals and at anytime, they could snap or lose control.

I REALLY get irritated when Im walking my dogs, on leashes, and that jerk off with his dog in the front yard with no leash or even walking them with no leash sees his dog bee-lining towards my two. Of course, my dachshund wants to protect me and rip its face off and my English Setter wants to run the other way. The thing I love is when the other owner says, "Come here boy, dont worry, he wouldnt hurt a fly." Riiiight. So your saying that if my dog gets defensive and trys to attack or bites your dogs nose, your 90 pound dog isnt going to try and take on a 18 pound Dachshund. Usually, they are so nonchalant to get over there and get your dog out of my way.

This lady pulls up to a traffic light this morning driving a new BMW and she is dressed to the 9s. I see her roll down her window and then she spits a loogie and rolls the window back up. She did this twice before the light turned green. :eek:
Money cant buy class. *See half of Hollywood A-list*

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster

Outstanding.

joel_maxwell

A cat went ninja on me. I was running in this area of a street light. I entered a dark section of the street and this cat, Le Fem Ninja, ran out of the bushes through the leaves at me. It was taking a pursuit angle to in intercept me as I ran. It got about 2 feet from my ankles and it all hit my what just happened with this stealth ninja. I must have jumped 5 feet in the air. I yelled some expletives: MF, SoaB & PoS. It stood up on its hind legs like Godzilla wanting to go.

I then threatened the cat that if it ever wanted to see the light of day again, it better take its ninja ______ back inside.

We shall see if Le Fem wants a piece of me tomorrow night.

ninja-smiley.gif

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
A cat went ninja on me. I was running in this area of a street light. I entered a dark section of the street and this cat, Le Fem Ninja, ran out of the bushes through the leaves at me. It was taking a pursuit angle to in intercept me as I ran. It got about 2 feet from my ankles and it all hit my what just happened with this stealth ninja. I must have jumped 5 feet in the air. I yelled some expletives: MF, SoaB & PoS. It stood up on its hind legs like Godzilla wanting to go.

I then threatened the cat that if it ever wanted to see the light of day again, it better take its ninja ______ back inside.

We shall see if Le Fem wants a piece of me tomorrow night.

ninja-smiley.gif

The cats in Alabama mean business huh?! You should carry decoy catnip; throw it in one direction and run in the other :ROFLOL:

Donald Duck

Tonga Toast Killer
Original Poster
Solid Call!

Joel is now sporting a Batman-type utility belt for running; carries gels, water, mace/pepper spray, salt tabs, iPod, and now catnip...you had better throw a chew toy or beggin' strips in there for the pesky dogs:ROFLOL:

I'm still getting a kick out of picturing your reaction to ninja-cat.

joel_maxwell

Joel is now sporting a Batman-type utility belt for running; carries gels, water, mace/pepper spray, salt tabs, iPod, and now catnip...you had better throw a chew toy or beggin' strips in there for the pesky dogs:ROFLOL:

I'm still getting a kick out of picturing your reaction to ninja-cat.
Im glad it made someone else laugh too. I chuckle about it still.

I have to run that route again tonight so I will be prepared!

Le Fem Ninja Cat - 1 (even though she didnt land a swipe of the paw, I give her major stealth props)
Joel - 0

srhrunner

Nothing interesting in the last few days, but here are a few of the things I've encountered in my years of running:

* A downed aircraft. I live and run along a river, and a plane from the local airport went down in the river.

* A floater. The local police were pulling a body out of the river. A local man had fallen off a fishing boat a few days before, and ended up in the river.

* A movie set on the boardwalk. A film crew was shooting a movie, and had the boardwalk sealed off with police tape. I jumped the tape, and ed off a couple of the film crew security guards. I run the boardwalk year round, and sometimes I feel like I own it. Don't show up one weekend and think you can block off a section of the boardwalk.

* Numerous weddings on the beach and boardwalk.

There are probably more, but these are just some of the interesting things and events I've encountered....

joel_maxwell

Nothing interesting in the last few days, but here are a few of the things I've encountered in my years of running:

* A downed aircraft. I live and run along a river, and a plane from the local airport went down in the river.

* A floater. The local police were pulling a body out of the river. A local man had fallen off a fishing boat a few days before, and ended up in the river.

* A movie set on the boardwalk. A film crew was shooting a movie, and had the boardwalk sealed off with police tape. I jumped the tape, and ed off a couple of the film crew security guards. I run the boardwalk year round, and sometimes I feel like I own it. Don't show up one weekend and think you can block off a section of the boardwalk.

* Numerous weddings on the beach and boardwalk.

There are probably more, but these are just some of the interesting things and events I've encountered....
Im coming to NJ to run some. Bham is getting boring.

joel_maxwell

1 hurt crow. I think his wing was hurt. He was hopping around and when I got close, he just hopped 2 feet to the side and didnt fly away. I felt sorry for him.

A man passed out in the front seat of his Mustang. It was 6am. The funny thing is, the car was running.

Congrats to all that participated in the Jingle Bell Run 5K. I saw them setting up for the 9 am run. It is a great local cause.

I saw the really hot girl running in Highland that I always say "morning" too like I do everyone and she just ignored me as usual. I should learn my lesson by now. Next Saturday.... no "morning" from me. No sir.

joel_maxwell

I saw a hawk on the sidewalk. As I approached him, I noticed he had a fresh kill in his claws. He took off flying and it was a Mocking Bord I think. Feathers were going everywhere. Good for the hawk. They have to eat too.

He was gorgeous too.

sweetpee_1993

I am resurrecting this thread because I saw something totally noteworthy this morning!

Score another one for intuition! I know, I know...I'm stupid-stitious. In all seriousness, I can't count how many times I've headed out for a run thru our neighborhood and the back section of our neighborhood (which is 4 times bigger than our side) listening to the cars and trucks out on the nearby highway and thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be freaky if I heard a screeeech-CRASH?" I always keep my iPod playing soft enough I can hear the music but still hear what's going on around me. I always listened out for the screeeeeech-CRASH like I expected it to happen. And today it finally DID!

I woke up extra early (5:30 a.m.) because our high temp today is 101 so I wanted to get out before the heat set in. Brian (my 13 yro) & I hit the pavement about an hour or so earlier than usual. We jogged along doing good. We got thru the back neighborhood and were jogging along on the stretch that if you don't turn into our neighborhood will take you straight up to the big intersection at the highway. So where we were if you looked straight ahead you could see the highway intersection and beyond. We're huffing along and I heard a sound like when the boys stomp aluminum cans out in the garage to flatten them for recycling. It was a loud, distinct CRACK! I looked down to the intersection in time to see a puff of dust or smoke and something big & black go flying across from the intersection like someone had just flung it. I said, "Oh $h*t! That's an accident! Did you see?!" Brian said, "I think so. Do you think they're okay?" I replied, "I don't think so. No way. That was bad." It was at least a quarter mile ahead and I was pretty beat but I sped up. I sent Brian to the house to go have Chandler (my 15yro) bring my car up to the bank at the intersection (the parking lot is before the intersection...he doesn't quite have his permit yet so I didn't want him driving into the intersection). I hoofed it to the intersection, watched for cars, and sprinted on over to the young guy sitting in one of the median sections outside his flipped car. It looked like a Rav4 but it was hard to tell upsidedown at that angle. Another lady was with him. He had a bad cut on the back of his head and blood all over in his thick black hair. His knees, elbows, and shoulder were cut up and glass was just everywhere. The guy was talking and and turning his head all around. I gently touched where there wasn't blood and asked him real sweet-like to not be turning his head like that, to just sit still and look ahead. He seemed real scattery. He had talked to his mom on the cell phone he had and told her. The other girl was offering to call someone if he wanted her to. He was telling us he was from Houston. I saw his lanyard around his neck that said 'Englobal' on it which is a big engineering company I'm familiar with. I'm sure he was over to do some onsite work in one of the dozens of refineries in the area. Poor guy. I didn't want to touch his head with all that blood. His fire resistant jumpsuit was right next to him on the ground. The other girl who saw it happened asked if those were his. He said they were so I picked them up, gently placed them over the cut, and held his head & neck still until the ambulance got there. At first he was trying to say he didn't want medical attention. Everyone was trying to explain to him those cuts should be checked. He said he never lost consciousness. Then he started acting weird and said he felt like maybe he was gonna puke. That's when the EMTs slapped a c-collar on him and brought out the board. I stepped back, told the officer I only saw after the impact, and got out of the way. The boys came around the corner from our neighborhood after I got back on our side of the intersection. I had them turn around and go home. I jogged on to the house. And that was my "What did you see?" story that I hope to never, ever see again.

How's that for morning excitement! I always had a feeling I'd see or hear it. And I DID! Crazy! I know that's just awful. It's not that I enjoy such. I know it kinda sounds like I do. I just had that feeling that at some point it would happen and it always concerned me on some level. Weird. I guess it's the momma in me. I "momma" everyone around me all the time. It's just my nature, I suppose. LOL!

JillC LI

I am resurrecting this thread because I saw something totally noteworthy this morning!

Score another one for intuition! I know, I know...I'm stupid-stitious. In all seriousness, I can't count how many times I've headed out for a run thru our neighborhood and the back section of our neighborhood (which is 4 times bigger than our side) listening to the cars and trucks out on the nearby highway and thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be freaky if I heard a screeeech-CRASH?" I always keep my iPod playing soft enough I can hear the music but still hear what's going on around me. I always listened out for the screeeeeech-CRASH like I expected it to happen. And today it finally DID!

I woke up extra early (5:30 a.m.) because our high temp today is 101 so I wanted to get out before the heat set in. Brian (my 13 yro) & I hit the pavement about an hour or so earlier than usual. We jogged along doing good. We got thru the back neighborhood and were jogging along on the stretch that if you don't turn into our neighborhood will take you straight up to the big intersection at the highway. So where we were if you looked straight ahead you could see the highway intersection and beyond. We're huffing along and I heard a sound like when the boys stomp aluminum cans out in the garage to flatten them for recycling. It was a loud, distinct CRACK! I looked down to the intersection in time to see a puff of dust or smoke and something big & black go flying across from the intersection like someone had just flung it. I said, "Oh $h*t! That's an accident! Did you see?!" Brian said, "I think so. Do you think they're okay?" I replied, "I don't think so. No way. That was bad." It was at least a quarter mile ahead and I was pretty beat but I sped up. I sent Brian to the house to go have Chandler (my 15yro) bring my car up to the bank at the intersection (the parking lot is before the intersection...he doesn't quite have his permit yet so I didn't want him driving into the intersection). I hoofed it to the intersection, watched for cars, and sprinted on over to the young guy sitting in one of the median sections outside his flipped car. It looked like a Rav4 but it was hard to tell upsidedown at that angle. Another lady was with him. He had a bad cut on the back of his head and blood all over in his thick black hair. His knees, elbows, and shoulder were cut up and glass was just everywhere. The guy was talking and and turning his head all around. I gently touched where there wasn't blood and asked him real sweet-like to not be turning his head like that, to just sit still and look ahead. He seemed real scattery. He had talked to his mom on the cell phone he had and told her. The other girl was offering to call someone if he wanted her to. He was telling us he was from Houston. I saw his lanyard around his neck that said 'Englobal' on it which is a big engineering company I'm familiar with. I'm sure he was over to do some onsite work in one of the dozens of refineries in the area. Poor guy. I didn't want to touch his head with all that blood. His fire resistant jumpsuit was right next to him on the ground. The other girl who saw it happened asked if those were his. He said they were so I picked them up, gently placed them over the cut, and held his head & neck still until the ambulance got there. At first he was trying to say he didn't want medical attention. Everyone was trying to explain to him those cuts should be checked. He said he never lost consciousness. Then he started acting weird and said he felt like maybe he was gonna puke. That's when the EMTs slapped a c-collar on him and brought out the board. I stepped back, told the officer I only saw after the impact, and got out of the way. The boys came around the corner from our neighborhood after I got back on our side of the intersection. I had them turn around and go home. I jogged on to the house. And that was my "What did you see?" story that I hope to never, ever see again.

How's that for morning excitement! I always had a feeling I'd see or hear it. And I DID! Crazy! I know that's just awful. It's not that I enjoy such. I know it kinda sounds like I do. I just had that feeling that at some point it would happen and it always concerned me on some level. Weird. I guess it's the momma in me. I "momma" everyone around me all the time. It's just my nature, I suppose. LOL!

Quite a story. It was very good deed to go and help out.

sweetpee_1993

Quite a story. It was very good deed to go and help out.

I didn't even really think about whether or not to go. This was the first morning on an increased run interval time so we were really focused on getting thru the task at hand. After I got back home it sorta hit me that I didn't finish but then I think I can give myself a break because helping people is definitely a priority and the extended run time to get to the scene then back home made up for the lost intervals. :D I was really surprised I could maintain the run all the way to the accident scene. I guess it goes to show that you just never know what you can do until you're in the moment and do it.

JillC LI

I didn't even really think about whether or not to go. This was the first morning on an increased run interval time so we were really focused on getting thru the task at hand. After I got back home it sorta hit me that I didn't finish but then I think I can give myself a break because helping people is definitely a priority and the extended run time to get to the scene then back home made up for the lost intervals. :D I was really surprised I could maintain the run all the way to the accident scene. I guess it goes to show that you just never know what you can do until you're in the moment and do it.

That's really true. It isn't as significant an event, but I always think of this when I'm trudging along trying to finish a difficult run with seemingly no energy left, and then I see someone running towards me so I pick up my pace and my demeanor to look like I'm not about to drop dead. LOL. We almost always have that little bit left in the tank.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom