What did you do?

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Awesome! Which one did you run?
I was on week 5 for half marathon training plan (I'm running a half Labor day weekend) and I did Speedurance and then the long run 13.1K Dress Rehearsal. I thought the speed one would be worst and by the end I was on a runners high and would do it again, avg pace was 8'40''. The 13.1K, I thought was interesting how he treated each K like a mile, but I didn't like how he only coached you at certain milestones (5K,10K, 12K), I would've like him touching base at every K and his motivation towards the end didn't do it for me.

Interesting, NRC long run this week is 20K or 12.4 miles. The plan I have been following had me going up to 10.5 miles and then the following week to 12 miles(I usually end up doing 13.1miles), not sure if I end up doing the 12.4 miles NRC is suggesting this week... I'm going to see how the legs feel and the weather is going to be.

Thanks for sharing your runs on the app, it got me interested and motivated to try something different!

lightningtap347

I was on week 5 for half marathon training plan (I'm running a half Labor day weekend) and I did Speedurance and then the long run 13.1K Dress Rehearsal. I thought the speed one would be worst and by the end I was on a runners high and would do it again, avg pace was 8'40''. The 13.1K, I thought was interesting how he treated each K like a mile, but I didn't like how he only coached you at certain milestones (5K,10K, 12K), I would've like him touching base at every K and his motivation towards the end didn't do it for me.

Interesting, NRC long run this week is 20K or 12.4 miles. The plan I have been following had me going up to 10.5 miles and then the following week to 12 miles(I usually end up doing 13.1miles), not sure if I end up doing the 12.4 miles NRC is suggesting this week... I'm going to see how the legs feel and the weather is going to be.

Thanks for sharing your runs on the app, it got me interested and motivated to try something different!
That's awesome! It's also interesting the intervals you feel more comfy getting coached at. I personally like the milestones, as I feel the longer runs give me more time to think to myself.

As for the plan itself, I don't know the differences between the plan they put together and other plans in terms of what's better. I do see that Nike seems to. Sustain long runs at the same distance, while other plans add weekly.

OG Runner

Even the one I usually do in May has a hill (just not as long and steep). It’s pretty difficult here to find a race without hills (plus it’s good prep for the DLP half which I hope will be held in 2022),

Just teasing @Swissmiss. I run into a similar situation where I run. I run a half in Alton Bay, NH where the majority of the first 7 miles
is uphill. Funny thing is my current PR, (within the last 10 years), was run on that course.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just teasing @Swissmiss. I run into a similar situation where I run. I run a half in Alton Bay, NH where the majority of the first 7 miles
is uphill. Funny thing is my current PR, (within the last 10 years), was run on that course.

Don‘t worry, I didn’t take it seriously. It was more of a realization on my part that most races in my area have a rather long (or steep or both) hill in them. So now I am trying to embrace it rather than fight against it.

dreamfinder

2.75@8:20. Damn humidity sucked.
For some reason, that hill never seemed to be as bad as one would think.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom