What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Only did just under 2 miles this evening, but the end of it was up a REALLY steep hill. Just walking up that hill gets my heart rate up and makes me winded. But I did manage to run up about half of it overall (made it to the first turn, which is about a quarter of the way up, then had to walk until an area that flattens out a bit about three quarters up and then i finished it off running up the rest of the way).

Greenlawler

Ran 4 today at about a 10 minute mile pace today.

It's been a while since I posted. Good news is I am now 33 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. Still need to drop about 20. to get back to my glory days running weight.

Bad news, I still have not ran my Dopey :( The box is sitting at the end of my closet shaming me. I just have not had the time.

I will be signing up for Dopey and it could be my last one. I plan on doing my 2021 Dopey during the training ramp up for the 2022 Dopey.

Surferboy567

Two for one post today.

I like to keep this only about running but this was a one off thing so I’ll post it here. On Saturday, I went for a long cycling ride.

Time: 03:16:21
Distance: 13.25

It was a relaxed ride wasn’t concerned about speed. Some of the way I walked the bike.

Today, I was back to running. Did my first long run since I stopped training. Wasn’t really that long but longer then normal more then a 5K distance.

Time: 58:03
Distance: 4.64
Avg Pace: 12:29

Harder run then I originally thought, it was hot and I wasn’t dressed properly. It was also my first run back since Thursday.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
OMG Yes! It's pretty to see nature.
But my mind is focusing on so many things: breathing, where I'm stepping, and animals. Bobcats and Snakes are the 2 I worry the most.

Luckily animals aren’t too much of a problem, because it’s still in a quite urban area overall. Someone once mentioned seeing a wild boar, but they aren’t usually out in the day, and also not usually so close to the city center. Dogs off leash however could be a problem, depending on the dog’s temperament. It was also a lot of uphill (because of course to get to the trail we ran down from our neighborhood) and I really wasn’t feeling like that much effort tonight, particularly as I have a 10k this weekend for which I am woefully underprepared.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
Luckily animals aren’t too much of a problem, because it’s still in a quite urban area overall. Someone once mentioned seeing a wild boar, but they aren’t usually out in the day, and also not usually so close to the city center. Dogs off leash however could be a problem, depending on the dog’s temperament. It was also a lot of uphill (because of course to get to the trail we ran down from our neighborhood) and I really wasn’t feeling like that much effort tonight, particularly as I have a 10k this weekend for which I am woefully underprepared.
Good Luck in your race and have fun! Save your energy for race day and keep your legs loose. Jealous you're running an in-person race
Wild boar yikes, that could be scary. Dogs off leashes scare me too, I'm too afraid they'll chase after me.

Side note: I've run into a deer, they were crossing the trail and I was running on it and we both collided.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Good Luck in your race and have fun! Save your energy for race day and keep your legs loose. Jealous you're running an in-person race
Wild boar yikes, that could be scary. Dogs off leashes scare me too, I'm too afraid they'll chase after me.

Side note: I've run into a deer, they were crossing the trail and I was running on it and we both collided.

It is but it isn’t an « in person » race. There are timing mats and chipped bibs, but you run it on your own. A maximum of 50 runners can start in the half period of the bib pick up reservation. And although the route is marked, it isn’t closed so you are running with all the other people who choose to be lakeside on weekends. Luckily the weather is not supposed to be great, which will keep down the number of people out and about.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
10K with my bestie this morning

83DAE09A-C272-4EE6-A056-ECE89A6FFAC4.jpeg
A6CA9D59-1CD2-4E64-B4FC-B66486F5AEDA.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom