What did you do?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Just under two miles tonight with my running group. It was COLD šŸ„¶ (but at least it wasnā€™t raining). Other bonus: got to the bus stop to go home and got a big smile: my DD was at the same stop on the way home from horseback riding

dreamfinder

Did 2.1 yesterday. Mile out uphill, mile back downhill. Only had time for a quick run, so decided to do hills. Completely sensical, right? Sadly the free version of runKeeper doesn't do a goob job with splits, but 10 mins I was at a 8:45 pace, and finished at an overall 8:00 pace. I'll take that almost any day.

GenerationX

I have the free version of RunKeeper, too. The splits are pretty rudimentary and there's no real way to analyze the data it's keeping, but at least it has the basics. I particularly like the shoe tracking. I have RunKeeper set to track miles and FitBit set to track kilometers, so I don't have to switch back-and-forth within the apps.

With how dark and cold it is in the mornings now (damn that earth tilt!), I'm back to running before lunch or before dinner. Three miles yesterday with shorts on. Trying to get a few more runs in when it's 50+ and I don't have to bundle up to run. I have gone out in 10 degree weather, but that was not pleasant. Even with breathing through my nose, I still had to keep my balaclava over my nose and mouth.

dreamfinder

I have the free version of RunKeeper, too. The splits are pretty rudimentary and there's no real way to analyze the data it's keeping, but at least it has the basics. I particularly like the shoe tracking. I have RunKeeper set to track miles and FitBit set to track kilometers, so I don't have to switch back-and-forth within the apps.
Yeah, if I'm doing anything serious I wear my Garmin instead. But unless I'm doing serious miles or races, I don't waste the battery recharges on it. Can't remember if thats better or worse that constantly recharging, but I know they have a finite life.

Surferboy567

Another two for one today had to do a treadmill run yesterday but got an outside run in today. Little more then a 5K distance.

EDIT: Trying to figure out, when training starts I am only supposed to run on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday. As opposed to everyday like I am now. Trying to figure out a happy medium so I take the rest days I am supposed to as well as exercise. Donā€™t want to push it either.

Last edited:

Surferboy567

Well guys...today was it, the last day of me running consecutively every day since the end of March.

Tomorrow starts my Galloway Training for the Fairytale Challenge. Today I did my normal workout which was a little more then a 5K, in fact I did it faster then I normally do.

Since tomorrow is a ā€œrestā€ day I will not run. I will probably do some form of workout though, such as lifting weights or something. To keep me from missing out working out on the ā€œrestā€ days. As long as I am off my feet in terms of running on ā€œrestā€ days that is my goal.

This leads me to my final pre-training question. Normally I run at about a 13:30 pace. Which I intend to keep for my Tuesday, Thursday maintenance runs. However, for my long runs the program specifically tells me to run 2 minutes per mile SLOWER then what I expect to run on race day. Is this a practice that is normally followed on long runs? Or do I just keep my current pace?

I feel inclined to follow the plan on this, but not sure if itā€™s the right way. How does everyone here handle long runs?

EDIT: I may run the long runs at my normal pace, unsure though.

Last edited:

OG Runner

Well guys...today was it, the last day of me running consecutively every day since the end of March.

Tomorrow starts my Galloway Training for the Fairytale Challenge. Today I did my normal workout which was a little more then a 5K, in fact I did it faster then I normally do.

Since tomorrow is a ā€œrestā€ day I will not run. I will probably do some form of workout though, such as lifting weights or something. To keep me from missing out working out on the ā€œrestā€ days. As long as I am off my feet in terms of running on ā€œrestā€ days that is my goal.

This leads me to my final pre-training question. Normally I run at about a 13:30 pace. Which I intend to keep for my Tuesday, Thursday maintenance runs. However, for my long runs the program specifically tells me to run 2 minutes per mile SLOWER then what I expect to run on race day. Is this a practice that is normally followed on long runs? Or do I just keep my current pace?

I feel inclined to follow the plan on this, but not sure if itā€™s the right way. How does everyone here handle long runs?

EDIT: I may run the long runs at my normal pace, unsure though.

Usually, it is best to follow the plan. I sometimes have trouble not running what I consider to be my "regular" pace, but it will
work out better for you to follow the plan. Just think of relaxing on the long run.

Surferboy567

Had a thought I am toying with in my head havenā€™t made any decision yet but this may make more sense.

Originally, I thought about doing the Wine and Dine 10K on November 7th the actual day of the race...however it may make more sense to run it on Halloween.

Here is why:

Week 1 of training says- 3 mile long run

Week 2 of training (next week) says - 4 mile long run

Week 3 of training (the week of the 7th) says- 3 mile long run

Originally, I was going to run it on the 7th and make that 3 mile long run into a 5 mile run walk, and a 1 mile walk. If however, I changed it to Halloween I am technically only adding one extra run walk mile, and one walk mile. Instead of doubling what I am supposed to be doing on the 7th.

This also ensures I largely stay on task when training for fairytale challenge.

EDIT: Halloween also really works with the theme

EDIT 2: I have changed it on my training plan so I guess itā€™s official. Exciting to run/walk my first official runDisney 10K next week!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom