What did you do?

OG Runner

My Garmin lost a week's worth of data. Oh well, it's working again.

I know it will sound weird. Keep trying back on the Garmin. I went through a week when my Garmin kept
saying it was not connected to my computer and I could not pick up any workout data. Suddenly, it connected
and the information from my other workouts were there.

Texas84

I know it will sound weird. Keep trying back on the Garmin. I went through a week when my Garmin kept
saying it was not connected to my computer and I could not pick up any workout data. Suddenly, it connected
and the information from my other workouts were there.
I had to format the storage on the watch. Strange. If this happens to anyone else I can provide the gory details.

OG Runner

5.48 miles yesterday afternoon. Still a very comfortable run with the temperature right about 70 degrees.
12:13 per mile. I don't feel tired, but I am running a little slower over the last month or two.

JillC LI

Hi guys. Been MIA I know. But I'm still running. Temps are up in the 90s by day in Texas but if I get out early they're in the 70s. Keeping up my practice of 3-4 miles twice during the week, and 6-8m on the weekend. Wish I could get back to the flatter trail around the lake instead of my hilly neighborhood, but I don't feel comfortable there with the lack of social distancing on parts of the trail. Regardless, I'm hanging in there and am glad to see all of you are too.
I have been surprised at how far out races have been moved. You look at Boston from April to September. I imagine they just want to feel safe and still hope for a good turn out.
I gather you heard that even September wasn't far enough out - it's been cancelled altogether this year for the first time ever. Sad but smart.

GenerationX

I always assumed this thread was about running at WDW. I haven't done that, though a co-worker did one of the Star Wars runs. It sounds like it would be incredibly cool.

I typically run 3-4 times/week, anywhere from 3-7 miles. I only run outdoors and will run at all temperatures, though I've noticed 55-65 is the Goldilocks zone for me. I've had the RunKeeper app for two years and a FitBit for the last year. It's awesome having all of the stats available to me. I recently turned off RunKeeper's automatic pause "feature", because 20-25% of my runs were getting randomly paused mid-run. It was good to have the FitBit app as a backup so that I could manually enter the full runs into RunKeeper.

Had a great run yesterday morning, first thing in the morning (5:50am). I may try that again tomorrow morning. Should be around 65 here in Chicagoland, so that bodes well.

GenerationX

Thanks for the welcome, @dreamfinder! I plan to take running shoes to WDW the next time I'm there. When I know which resort, I'll have to post here for potential routes.

I normally run right before lunch or right before dinner, but today (like Tuesday) I ran right before breakfast. Speed was excellent both times and my heart rate was at the lower end of my typical runs. I'm thinking it's a combination of the right temperature (low-mid 60s) and no caffeine in my system. :D

OG Runner

Hi guys. Been MIA I know. But I'm still running. Temps are up in the 90s by day in Texas but if I get out early they're in the 70s. Keeping up my practice of 3-4 miles twice during the week, and 6-8m on the weekend. Wish I could get back to the flatter trail around the lake instead of my hilly neighborhood, but I don't feel comfortable there with the lack of social distancing on parts of the trail. Regardless, I'm hanging in there and am glad to see all of you are too.

I gather you heard that even September wasn't far enough out - it's been cancelled altogether this year for the first time ever. Sad but smart.

Yeah, first time in over a hundred years. I think New York may be cancelled also. No word yet on Chicago.

GenerationX

80 miles is a lot of running for one month! I've never done that.

How many miles do you typically get out of shoes? I know they say you can get 350-450 miles out of shoes, but after around 250 miles I notice a difference in cushioning. I'll retire the shoes from running duty (there's a ceremony with a card and a gift for the shoes) and then use them around the house until they're a complete mess.

With how many running shoes I go through, I've become an avid eBay buyer of used running shoes. I look for ones with almost no tread wear and assign them either 50 miles or 100 miles as a starting distance. Brooks and Nike are my preferred brands. The pair of Nike Lunarfly 2+ I had is still my absolute favorite for my style (neutral pronation, mid-foot strike, medium-high arch). Hoka's tend to feel too heavy and many other brands don't offer much support.

Rose&Crown

Ya 80 was prob too much. I was so exhausted the last 5k I did was absolutely miserable.

I try to shoot for 300 miles or so. I’ve been using the Pegasus turbo 2s and love them. I was using the epic reacts and those weren’t bad but I feel the Pegasus fit my foot better.

Tried a pair of brooks once and hated them.

I’ll stick to 60ish miles a month now.

JillC LI

80 miles is a lot of running for one month! I've never done that.

How many miles do you typically get out of shoes? I know they say you can get 350-450 miles out of shoes, but after around 250 miles I notice a difference in cushioning. I'll retire the shoes from running duty (there's a ceremony with a card and a gift for the shoes) and then use them around the house until they're a complete mess.

With how many running shoes I go through, I've become an avid eBay buyer of used running shoes. I look for ones with almost no tread wear and assign them either 50 miles or 100 miles as a starting distance. Brooks and Nike are my preferred brands. The pair of Nike Lunarfly 2+ I had is still my absolute favorite for my style (neutral pronation, mid-foot strike, medium-high arch). Hoka's tend to feel too heavy and many other brands don't offer much support.
I can generally get 500+ miles on my running shoes before I start to notice weird aches and pains.

OG Runner

I pretty much go by feel and wear, unless I am suddenly hit by FOMO, and feel I have to have the latest shoe I see. :D
Usually, I buy last year's models as I have New Balance, Nike, and Saucony outlets within a short drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom