What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Sorry to hear it was so brutal šŸ˜•

I probably came the closest ever to self sweeping. Which is why, after I got back to my resort, I realized that race official did me a favor. Maybe 66 year olds shouldn't run 13.1 miles in 90 degree weather....

Will probably drop the 5Ks, especially since W&D now does the same BORING course as all the others.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I probably came the closest ever to self sweeping. Which is why, after I got back to my resort, I realized that race official did me a favor. Maybe 66 year olds shouldn't run 13.1 miles in 90 degree weather....

Will probably drop the 5Ks, especially since W&D now does the same BORING course as all the others.

Probably no one should run 13.1 miles in 90 degree weather! Glad you are safe.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Hugs. I'm proud of you. My Dad was late to running. He was into his 60s when he first ran Boston and ran it several times in his 60s.

That said, he ruined knees and 2 hips. Doc's told him to stop...but he so loved running.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Saturday - had an UGLY almost 10-miler. Undertrained & overweight! I haven't run more than 6 since Princess so... 9.71 @ 13:51/mi Started with :60/:30 intervals for the 1st 4 miles and then tanked from there. Ended up doing :30/:60 for most of the 2nd half.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes

I'm not doing the 5k if (when?!) I register for wine/dine. Dopey will be my 1st, and only, full and probably my last half. I find no joy in training for anything more than a 10k right now.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I'm not doing the 5k if (when?!) I register for wine/dine. Dopey will be my 1st, and only, full and probably my last half. I find no joy in training for anything more than a 10k right now.

Itā€™s important to know what distances you like training/running. I too really like the 10k distance - it remains achievable when training isnā€™t much more than ā€œnormalā€ distance runs a few times a week and you can still improve with additional effort.

RunningKoen

Itā€™s important to know what distances you like training/running. I too really like the 10k distance - it remains achievable when training isnā€™t much more than ā€œnormalā€ distance runs a few times a week and you can still improve with additional effort.

I never train any more than 10-15KM. It's fine for half marathons and potential full marathons.

But than again, I hardly train at all. My advice might not be the best.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
I never train any more than 10-15KM. It's fine for half marathons and potential full marathons.

But than again, I hardly train at all. My advice might not be the best.

Yeah, doing no more than 15K (that's 9.3 miles) training for a full marathon isn't the best advice.....

Are we seeing you for W&D?

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I've decided to do the Half during Marathon weekend. Hopefully won't be 90 degrees in January. Come. You want another Castle to Chateau, don't you? And bring that @Swissmiss lady with you. You can both work on me and Don. šŸ˜

Unfortunately weā€™ll be leaving WDW the weekend before ... hadnā€™t planned on going at all as weā€™ll only be back for the exact two weeks of school break but my BIL kept saying ā€œWhat? Theyā€™re coming over and we arenā€™t going to WDW?ā€ In 2018 the stars aligned (ok, school holiday and marathon weekend aligned) which is the only reason I got to do the castle to Chateau challenge last year.

RunningKoen

I'm good for my 2019 Castle to Chateau, so W&D 2019 is very unlikely.

Marathon weekend wont align with my school/work holiday either.

And I would love to do every race weekend, but I cannot it and my work wont let me. For the 2020 Castle to Chateau, Im in doubt between the marathon weekend or W&D. My sister might do a WDW race aswell, so that's part of the planning proces aswell.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom