What did you do?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
4" of snow this weekend left me and the dreadmill to make friends! I found a trick though - I pulled up the 5k & 10k course maps for next weekend and put it in front of me on the DM. I tried to visualize running both courses while on the :mad: DM. Worked actually!

Saturday - 45 min bootcamp + 30 min run 2.6 @ 13:28/mi
Sunday - 6.3 on the DM @ 13:48/mi

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
3.1. And they were handing these out. 😁

Mr mom

had a good week 3, 6.4 milers and my 5 mile fun run. It was a good day for the run and lots was raised for the local food bank. On a side note yesterdays run was not fun, a light snow of powder over ice, slipped a few times but no falls. ever since my knee injury I am always on edge when I run in snow.

LAKid53

Premium Member
had a good week 3, 6.4 milers and my 5 mile fun run. It was a good day for the run and lots was raised for the local food bank. On a side note yesterdays run was not fun, a light snow of powder over ice, slipped a few times but no falls. ever since my knee injury I am always on edge when I run in snow.

I know how how you feel. I fell while running a local 10k and ended up fracturing the radial head in my left arm. Took months to recover and even with physical therapy, I can't fully extend my left arm. So I'm always cautious running on wet, slippery surfaces. Which makes running on the Boardwalk in the AM not fun....or running through AK in the rain.

HiJe

I know how how you feel. I fell while running a local 10k and ended up fracturing the radial head in my left arm. Took months to recover and even with physical therapy, I can't fully extend my left arm. So I'm always cautious running on wet, slippery surfaces. Which makes running on the Boardwalk in the AM not fun....or running through AK in the rain.

Something I haven't thought about yet. Are there any other dangerous sections (slippery, pot holes, uneven roads, alligators, etc...) on the courses? I'm signed up for the 10k and this is my first Disney Run.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Something I haven't thought about yet. Are there any other dangerous sections (slippery, pot holes, uneven roads, alligators, etc...) on the courses? I'm signed up for the 10k and this is my first Disney Run.

You're running the Princess 10K tomorrow? Part of the course is around the Boardwalk (area of Yacht Club, Beach Club, etc.). The wood can be slippery in the AM. I usually run close to the railing as the wood is a little drier. Or walk.

The only fauna I've seen on the course are squirrels (one looked like it was going to join us this AM running from WS to Future World) and an armadillo that tried to cross the road during the SW Half a few years ago.

As far as road conditions, that will be a few spots of uneven surfaces due to construction (where is there NOT construction at WDW, lol), but nothing major. If there are bottle neck prone areas, recorded announcements are made warning you. They even warn you about speed bumps.

The real danger is other runners who don't use good running etiquette - announce when they are passing close to you, not stopping right in front of you, etc. As I was approaching the finish line this AM, I felt a hand on my back, pushing me. As the woman ran by, I yelled at her to not push. She turned and glared at me.

HiJe

You're running the Princess 10K tomorrow? Part of the course is around the Boardwalk (area of Yacht Club, Beach Club, etc.). The wood can be slippery in the AM. I usually run close to the railing as the wood is a little drier. Or walk.

The only fauna I've seen on the course are squirrels (one looked like it was going to join us this AM running from WS to Future World) and an armadillo that tried to cross the road during the SW Half a few years ago.

As far as road conditions, that will be a few spots of uneven surfaces due to construction (where is there NOT construction at WDW, lol), but nothing major. If there are bottle neck prone areas, recorded announcements are made warning you. They even warn you about speed bumps.

The real danger is other runners who don't use good running etiquette - announce when they are passing close to you, not stopping right in front of you, etc. As I was approaching the finish line this AM, I felt a hand on my back, pushing me. As the woman ran by, I yelled at her to not push. She turned and glared at me.

Thank you. That is very helpful. Not running the Princess this weekend. I'm signed up for the Star Wars run. 40 days away!!! Injury feels almost back to normal as of this morning. Getting excited.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you. That is very helpful. Not running the Princess this weekend. I'm signed up for the Star Wars run. 40 days away!!! Injury feels almost back to normal as of this morning. Getting excited.

Well then, in addition to the Boardwalk wood, you'll have the pleasure of running from Hollywood Studios to Epcot via the Boardwalk. Which means the worst bottleneck area that is the path from Hollywood Studios.

HiJe

Well then, in addition to the Boardwalk wood, you'll have the pleasure of running from Hollywood Studios to Epcot via the Boardwalk. Which means the worst bottleneck area that is the path from Hollywood Studios.

Good thing I also play hockey. Sounds like I may need some of those skills to get through the bottleneck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom