What did you do?

RunningKoen

5M in 39:14.

Still hot (75+ and humid). Stopped because I lacked stamina, my knees felt weird and the lower part of my right quad wasnt feeling great either.
Walked for 15 minutes and then went for some cooling down.

1.85M (2KM) in 09:43. Slightly quicker pace than the 5M part. Without any pains or anything.

Not sure if I should love or hate my body at this moment. I'm really struggling mentally during a run, thats for sure, during training.

dreamfinder

2.5@1@8

5m last night at a snails pace but at least I got out there again. I've been sick for over a week with a respiratory infection. Can't seem to kick it or stop coughing. It might not have been the smartest idea to run yesterday, but the weather was so perfect (sunny but only about 70 with a breeze), I had to get out there.

I still tell people that my last doc told me to run when I was sick. She said it helped to flush out the sickness and get better faster. (I do try to run outdoors on those days out of courtesy for other people at the gym)

JillC LI

2.5@1@8

I still tell people that my last doc told me to run when I was sick. She said it helped to flush out the sickness and get better faster. (I do try to run outdoors on those days out of courtesy for other people at the gym)
I agree and always have in the past, but my RA meds reduce my ability to fight infection so I have to be careful. In fact, my rheumatologist told me not to take my meds this week since I am at higher risk of getting walking pneumonia, so I didn't take them and now I'm getting joint pains again. I just want to get over this miserable cough soon so I can resume my RA meds and get back to running.

RunningKoen

Sports in general help when you're sick. It can be a bike or TM in the gym aswell, what might be easier when it's really cold or raining outside.

Texas84

Another beautiful morning. 5 mile run with low humidity and 65F. Starting to watch what I eat and dropped 5 pounds in two weeks.

Going out of town next week so plan to use the hotel dreadmill. Then the local Labor Day 10K.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Took Friday & Saturday off -

Sunday was a terrible, awful, no-good, very bad run. Longest run ever - 12.8 miles in 90% humidity. I had a break-down ugly-cry at mile 5. Someone stopped and ran/walked with me the rest of the way so I finished!

12.8 @ 13:44/mi with a LOT of walking and 2 pit-stops

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Took Friday & Saturday off -

Sunday was a terrible, awful, no-good, very bad run. Longest run ever - 12.8 miles in 90% humidity. I had a break-down ugly-cry at mile 5. Someone stopped and ran/walked with me the rest of the way so I finished!

12.8 @ 13:44/mi with a LOT of walking and 2 pit-stops

I'm just curious - someone you knew or just a random runner who saw that you could use some motivation?

In any event, don't beat yourself up for bad runs - we've all been there 😀

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I'm just curious - someone you knew or just a random runner who saw that you could use some motivation?

Random person. She was also running the 12 mile "race" and we were at the back of the pack. She was my guardian angel Sunday for sure.

RunningKoen

Ran 1 mile and a bit. Quitted. Didnt even look at the time. Today is not my day. Lost my running mojo for sure.

When I took my shoe off, there was some blood on my sock. Cant use that as an excuse, didnt feel a thing (blister issues). Feeling lazy and lame at the moment.

Edit: Only saw this post after i made mine. Amen.

atjimfromdisney

You would think running for PT in Italy at 6am in the summer would be doable compared to Orlando.. wrong. Sunny and sometimes nearing 80 degrees by 7am:oops:

Been staying constant with around 3 miles in the mornings just to stay at a decent fitness level till weather starts cooling down.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Ran at least 3.1 miles (and finished my last virtual short). I say at least because I thought I'd started runkeeper and then as I was running down the hill, waiting for a red light i started my watch. When I got to where I was meeting friends, I went to pause runkeeper ... which was still waiting for me to hit start :banghead: And I stopped the watch at 3.1 so that I could have a time for the virtual short without having to calculate it myself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom