What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
supposed to be in the Mid-80s + humid this afternoon so I ran this morning: 2.4 miles @ 12:25/mi

I keep having tummy troubles (#2) on my runs no matter what time of day I run...it's not pleasant and it's slowing down my times.

What are you eating before you run? Best is something easy to digest, i.e., no high fiber. And at least an hour before you run. My go to is a toasted bagel with peanut butter. A banana is good, too.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
What are you eating before you run? Best is something easy to digest, i.e., no high fiber. And at least an hour before you run. My go to is a toasted bagel with peanut butter. A banana is good, too.

This morning I ran on an empty stomach. Ate dinner about 6:30pm last night and ran at 6:15am.

Afternoon runs are about 4.5 hours after I eat lunch and I typically eat the same thing every day but my tummy issues have only been the last week or 2.

dreamfinder

Mish mash today. Short shake out, then some leg work and stretching.

I keep having tummy troubles (#2) on my runs no matter what time of day I run...it's not pleasant and it's slowing down my times.

You may need to find the balance. Some people can't/shouldn't run on an empty stomach, too much room for the contents to slosh around. But obviously running on a full stomach can usually be/feel worse. Maybe a light snack 30-60 minutes before? As @LAKid53 said, banana is usually a winner, or bagel/toast w/peanut butter. Something small and light, just enough to settle the stomach.

It's entirely possible that your body is now using more calories on a daily basis from continued exercise. As muscle mass grows from continued use, they need more steady fuel. Not necessarily more daily calories on a whole, but a steadier supply. I think I end up eating 7 or 8 small meals/snacks a day when the miles start to go up instead of 3 big main meals. If I don't fuel constantly I can get light headed even though my stomach isn't rumbling. If you eat healthy & smart, IE adjust meal portion sizes to accommodate the snack, have a handful of nuts/muesli instead of chips, etc, there is no harm in adjusting your diet.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Mish mash today. Short shake out, then some leg work and stretching.

You may need to find the balance. Some people can't/shouldn't run on an empty stomach, too much room for the contents to slosh around. But obviously running on a full stomach can usually be/feel worse. Maybe a light snack 30-60 minutes before? As @LAKid53 said, banana is usually a winner, or bagel/toast w/peanut butter. Something small and light, just enough to settle the stomach.

It's entirely possible that your body is now using more calories on a daily basis from continued exercise. As muscle mass grows from continued use, they need more steady fuel. Not necessarily more daily calories on a whole, but a steadier supply. I think I end up eating 7 or 8 small meals/snacks a day when the miles start to go up instead of 3 big main meals. If I don't fuel constantly I can get light headed even though my stomach isn't rumbling. If you eat healthy & smart, IE adjust meal portion sizes to accommodate the snack, have a handful of nuts/muesli instead of chips, etc, there is no harm in adjusting your diet.

Yup. Up your carb intake, but good carbs, not white bread, donuts, etc. And, make sure you're getting enough protein to recover. Carbs for fuel, protein to repair. And water. Recommendation is to drink half your body weight in water, measured in ounces, not pounds, lol. Weigh 130 lbs, drink 65 ounces of water.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.86 miles in the wonderful warm, humid (80%) weather we're having right now in Florida, thanks to that pre-tropical system the National Hurricane Center named Invest 90L (Who names these things? And more importantly, why? It's just a bunch of hot air right now, lol.) Just in time to spoil Memorial Day weekend along the Gulf Coast and Southeast.

Hey Weather gods, hurricane season doesn't start until JUNE 1st. :mad:

dreamfinder

Bike today.

Using levels with this format. Might be comparable if you figure out what your 122 means

Managed 11,5 yesterday. It's becoming the favorite intervalling workout for me with 2 co-workers inbetween lessons.

Wiki

But that means I'd need to find some space outside to try this. I'm assuming there is an app for that?

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
Yup. Up your carb intake, but good carbs, not white bread, donuts, etc. And, make sure you're getting enough protein to recover. Carbs for fuel, protein to repair. And water. Recommendation is to drink half your body weight in water, measured in ounces, not pounds, lol. Weigh 130 lbs, drink 65 ounces of water.

Water is never an issue - I drink a crapton of if. I think it's just the bouncing around my stomach/instetines do when I run that literally knocks everything loose! It's embarassing to say the least and luckily I haven't had an accident yet but oy I need to figure it out! Sorry for the TMI everyone!!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Water is never an issue - I drink a crapton of if. I think it's just the bouncing around my stomach/instetines do when I run that literally knocks everything loose! It's embarassing to say the least and luckily I haven't had an accident yet but oy I need to figure it out! Sorry for the TMI everyone!!

No need to apologize. Our, um, digestive systems are a hot topic for runners....many articles. 😁

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.75 miles on the treadmill at the hotel. Didn't push it since we'll be walking around Atlanta most of the day, provided it doesn't rain.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
About a quarter mile yesterday and my first DNF :(. My knee started bothering me Friday as I was going to the airport and it felt pretty stiff after the plane ride. The next day I had ups and downs but by race morning I decided I could just take it easy. The start was fine but a couple minutes in I decided that I shouldn't continue. The worst was that I ended up walking so far to get back to the exit area that I should have just walked the race as the distance was more or less the same. Oh well, at least I got to visit a city I've never been to before.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom