What did you do?

dreamfinder

2mi on TM, 1 1/2@7:30p/1i 1/2@6:58p/1i

Today and tomorrow will be below zero here with the wind chill. I will be doing all runs indoors. Even the dog didn't want to go for her walk this morning!

I've had that same problem. Ours doesn't even want to do her normal sniffing at bathroom breaks right now, just out and back in. Think it was -5 this AM when I left home, -25 with wind chill. Brrrr

JillC LI

I'm doing the Dopey Challenge, so I did the 5k this morning. My goal was to run it in under 22 minutes. I hit the finish line with the clock at 21:59 or 22:00!

You're the first to report back - congratulations on a great time, and good luck this weekend!

As for me, 3.5m on the TM last night. Was -9 here with the wind chill this morning. I wish I was in Florida right about now!

atrus79

3.11 miles through Epcot yesterday morning. P/mile pace was 11:05 ...had to force myself to slow down knowing I had 3 more races to run. Race day was frigid cold (Low 30's) ... And extremely windy. With that said it was a great time!!

Right now I'm waiting in the 'heated' tent to start the 10k. Will report back soon:)

dancingtodisney

3.11 miles through Epcot yesterday morning. P/mile pace was 11:05 ...had to force myself to slow down knowing I had 3 more races to run. Race day was frigid cold (Low 30's) ... And extremely windy. With that said it was a great time!!

Right now I'm waiting in the 'heated' tent to start the 10k. Will report back soon:)

Good luck in the 10k!

atrus79

10k over and done with ... Stopped for a few characters ... Loved Anna and Elsa on the overpass cheering on the runners. P/mile time was 13 minutes ish ... Not bad considering a few stops. Biggest issue has been clothing. The temps are low so dressing properly has been difficult. Great time though!!:)

dancingtodisney

10k over and done with ... Stopped for a few characters ... Loved Anna and Elsa on the overpass cheering on the runners. P/mile time was 13 minutes ish ... Not bad considering a few stops. Biggest issue has been clothing. The temps are low so dressing properly has been difficult. Great time though!!:)

Fantastic! Well done! Great to hear how it's going. Good luck! ;)

alfieb24

You're the first to report back - congratulations on a great time, and good luck this weekend!

As for me, 3.5m on the TM last night. Was -9 here with the wind chill this morning. I wish I was in Florida right about now!

Thanks! And I don't blame you...-9 sounds horrible, haha.

And I ran a 49:16 in the 10K today. I didn't meet my goal, but beat my old PR for 10k. So I'm pretty happy about that one too.

Texas84

5K and 10K done. People were confused because there was no Dopey check at the end of either. After the 5K I was told they would check after the 10K, then after the 10K I was told they would verify later by the photograph we took at packet pick-up.

Before the 5K, the MC joked there were 12,000 signed up but they were only expecting 1400 due to the cold. Seemed to be more runners at the 10K.

Went to MK after the 10K. Rained today so we were able to get on 7DMT standby in only 45 minutes!

I'm doing the Dopey Challenge, so I did the 5k this morning. My goal was to run it in under 22 minutes. I hit the finish line with the clock at 21:59 or 22:00!

Nice! You must have been in A or B because that didn't seem possible back in C. Too crowded. I went with the flow and ran a 32. 10K had more room for spacing but I still took it slow and did a 1:09.

10k over and done with ... Stopped for a few characters ... Loved Anna and Elsa on the overpass cheering on the runners.

Did you see the snow? That was great. The whole Frozen set up was very well done.

Kristia

5K and 10K done. People were confused because there was no Dopey check at the end of either. After the 5K I was told they would check after the 10K, then after the 10K I was told they would verify later by the photograph we took at packet pick-up.
I have seen a lot of people freaking out on the different facebook pages about Dopey verification confusion. At least a few people have had missing times and had to go to runner relations to fix the problem. Will be interesting to hear how it plays out after the bigger races.

Texas84

I have seen a lot of people freaking out on the different facebook pages about Dopey verification confusion. At least a few people have had missing times and had to go to runner relations to fix the problem. Will be interesting to hear how it plays out after the bigger races.

Seems like the only reason for the Goofy/Dopey line was to give us our own line for snack boxes. Which was nice.

bethram

I'm so jealous of all of you in The World running the Dopey and individual races!

I have been sidelined since Wednesday with a bad cold, hopefully I'll be able to run Monday.

Good luck in the marathon tomorrow!

alfieb24

My legs died on me for the half- and full marathon. Ended up running a 2:30:11 and 5:14:18, respectively. I made the mistake of trying to fit in Universal Studios Thursday and Friday. I had an awesome time though. The races were really well-organized (minus the confusion with Dopey/Goofy verification) and I can't say enough about the crowds. They definitely helped me get through those last two races. I'll definitely do another Dopey in the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom