What did you do?

bethram

Sorry I went MIA again, life is so busy this year! My runs have been tough for the last couple weeks as I've been fighting a cold/chest congestion. I did manage to finish up my goal for the of running 1000 miles yesterday morning with a 6 mile run that put me at 1001 miles for 2014. I'm lowering my goal to 750 for 2015 since I'm not currently planning any long distance races, however there is minor talk between my husband and I of a visit to WDW marathon weekend so that may change but I doubt it.

Mr mom

It has been over 10 months since my hateful journey began. Crutches, then a leg brace, physiotherapy and finally surgery but it appears to be nearing the end. I have an assessment this week and hopefully if all goes well I will be back to work. In the meantime I have been power walking over 6km a day for the last few days, knee is fine but man oh man are my legs feeling it, lots of muscle pain( awesome) I will continue to rebuild that strength and my lung capacity, hope to be actually running in the next few weeks. My mind is telling me go go go but my body is telling me patience.

Texas84

8 mile taper run in the fog and rain. After the usual 3-mile warm-up barrier put it into cruise control and coasted, final mile was second fastest. Feeling really good. 2-mile 'keep it loose' run on Tuesday then drive south on Wednesday. Let's get Dopey!

JillC LI

But I graduated my bachelors program last week.

Congratulations!

I did manage to finish up my goal for the of running 1000 miles yesterday morning with a 6 mile run that put me at 1001 miles for 2014. I'm lowering my goal to 750 for 2015 since I'm not currently planning any long distance races.

I tallied up my mileage for 2014 and it was 785.1 miles. Only ran one race (a half) so I'm very pleased with my consistent mileage for the year. :)

I will continue to rebuild that strength and my lung capacity, hope to be actually running in the next few weeks. My mind is telling me go go go but my body is telling me patience.

Hang in there. You're almost there!

As for me, I started 2015 with 9.25 miles out in the cold on Friday, and another 3.75 on the TM today. Happy New Year everyone.

dreamfinder

Managed to sneak in runs most days over the last week+. Either 1 1/2 @ 7p/1i with a 10k on bike or a 5k@7p/1i with one 5mi thrown in for good measure. Did a bunch of hip work too. Started to refocus (yet again) on my stride. (Starting to feel like Tiger reinventing his swing) Found a new sweet spot on just my toes (feels even more forward than I have been) that I'm trying to work on. Messing with the muscles a bit, but it feels great on the knees.

@dreamfinder, I feel your lack-of-sleep pain. I've been up the past two nights with a puppy with an upset stomach. Sigh. Planned to do 4 miles early this morning, but had to shift my run to tonight while DD is at swim practice. She won't be happy when I pick her up smelling like "roses" but a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do! This will probably be my last run of 2014 :)

Poor pup. Hope they are doing better.

bethram

It rained steadily from Friday through Sunday so I finally got my first run of 2015 in this morning. I had a teacher work day today and didn't have to get the kids ready for school so I added in an extra mile and ran 5.3.

TeddyinMO

Good luck to all of you this weekend, especially you insane Dopey runners! You've put in the work, now enjoy the rewards. I will be sending you good wishes from the bitter cold of the Midwest.

As for me, I finished up 2014 on a high by passing 400 miles in the last six months of the year. I didn't start tracking my total miles until July, so I don't know my year total, but I'm guessing about 600+ for the year. A huge jump over the 1 mile I ran in 2013. :) Even better, my 12/31 weight was down 49 lbs from my 1/1/14 weight.

2015 has started with the flu bug, so training is on hold for a few days. Signed up for half marathon in April, so training for that starts as soon as I kick this - hopefully tomorrow. Goal for the year is two halfs (April race and one in fall) with W&D looking like a real possibility and 800+ total miles for the year. With one kid starting high school, one starting grade school and number 3 due in May, the biggest challenge will be finding the time. No excuses though. It will happen!

Good luck!

JillC LI

... but I'm guessing about 600+ for the year. A huge jump over the 1 mile I ran in 2013. :) Even better, my 12/31 weight was down 49 lbs from my 1/1/14 weight.

That's fantastic! Way to go!

With one kid starting high school, one starting grade school and number 3 due in May, the biggest challenge will be finding the time.

Congratulations! Mine will both be in high school as of this coming Fall. (Eeks!) I can't imagine starting with another baby right now. I'm happy the puppy is sleeping through the night again. LOL

JillC LI

Today and tomorrow will be below zero here with the wind chill. I will be doing all runs indoors. Even the dog didn't want to go for her walk this morning!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom