What did you do?

LindsayLoves

7.25 mi @8:34/mi.

I am venturing out to get a new pair of running shoes this afternoon because my long discontinued Saucony Mirage 2s (they are currently on model 4) are most likely not going to carry me through the rest of my long runs and also the marathon when it finally gets here. I love the Mirage 3s for my weekday runs but they don't hold up to the pounding on the pavement of 10+ miles. New shoes, so excited!

OG Runner

5 miles with my daughter this morning. We managed a 13:30 pace which included her taking a 5 minute bathroom break. I think she has the Disneyland 10k in the bag! Less than 3 weeks until we leave!
Glad all is going well. Just remind her Disney races are events and enjoy.

a2grafix

Playing catch-up.

Two weeks ago had a very nice 4-day vacation with family in northeast Ohio and western New York. Ran twice, once on my own about 3 miles in low humidity, upper 60s, clear blue skies along Lake Erie, about 3 miles. Much different than the 76 dewpoint, 80-90-percent humidity, low to mid-90s summer of love in Memphis.

On the Sunday a few days after ran with my sister and brothers-in-law for the first time around Findley Lake in Findley Lake, NY. About 20-25 minutes for 2 miles along one side of the lake. Up a hill, and down the hill back to the bed and breakfast. Nice run but we all felt it. We were all hung over from a night of too much wine, moonshine, and the game of things. Family night at its best.

Then came the 12-day work week in Memphis mixed with five days at the base and 7 days at the TV station. During that I managed one run, this past Thursday; 7:30am before work, 2.75 miles in 74 dewpoint, upper 70s to start, 80-percent humidity, low 80s to finish, little wind. It's summer. It's August. About 30 minutes. Bad part I have a small dull soreness in my right heel. Been resting and not running that much. Could be feeling the start of plantar fasciitis. That's why I am not running too much. I can do it but I also have to factor in getting new running shoes (been a year and have my guess around 250-300 miles on them).

Committed to doing more yoga, core, cardio and strength training to offset not running that much. Still on par to complete 4 half marathons in 2014. Two more to go.

Texas84

10 Muggy Miles this morning to finish a 19 mile week. Start to ramp up the mileage next week. And then mowed the lawn. I remember when that used to be a chore. Now I just zip through it in half the time.

a2grafix

After a 12-day work week between Air Guard and TV work, missed Saturday morning St. Jude Memphis Breakway Running half marathon / marathon training run. I needed the rest. But I did the 4 miles today that the half runners did. Actually 4.22 downtown on some of the route. Ran it in about 55-60 minutes and finished running through my normal finish line, the city hall fountains. Don't know what's better - 7am in August in the 70s with a 74 dew point and no wind with 100 or 200 other runners or sun beat down 90 with 75 dew point and 5mph wind at 3-4pm?

diddy_mouse

Yoga this morning with a good deal of corework. My plan is to get back on my running routine. I've been a little thrown off since I had my race a few weeks ago. Took too much time off I think. Looks like I'll be setting reminders for myself.

bethram

4.21 miles at 9:25 pace this morning. I feel so slow, but I don't need to push it as I'm running the ToT with DH instead of in different corals and he's slower than me.

I've been too busy with the start of school to read everyone's posts, I hope to get caught up soon.

LindsayLoves

Saturday - 10 miles at a very easy pace up and down Park Ave for NYCs Summer Streets

Sunday - nada, started to do my core, glute/hip strengthening but my neck hurt so I stopped about 5 minutes in.

Today - 4 progression miles 9:24-8:40 in my new shoes! These are going to be my long run shoes so I am going to break them in during the weekdays for my non-speed workouts. I got Saucony Ride 7s to give me a little extra cushioning over the Saucony Mirage 3/4 that I wear for workouts that are shorter than 10 miles. I also got fitted for inserts since the Ride doesn't have the "touch of guidance" that the Mirages have that I need to keep my IT bands happy. We shall see....

Last edited:

dreamfinder

Sat was 5 mi of hills. Sun was another 11.1 on TM w/.5 inclined. Started at 7:41, neg split on 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 9 1/2, 10, 10 1/4, 10 1/2, 10 3/4, 11. Bigger increases towards the end. Sub 22 min 5k to wrap it up. 1/2 warmup & cool down. Overall sub 7:30 avg pace. Trying to keep those negative splits while going to slowly increase pace.

atrus79

4.07 miles this morning ... worked on speed now that the foot is good to go, but the endurance isn't there yet for distance & speed, so a couple extra walk breaks slowed down my pace to 11:03 p/mile.

JillC LI

Did 6 miles yesterday morning, a little later than I should have because the heat and humidity really weighed on me. Might be my last run for awhile though because a short time after I got home, I smashed that bone that sticks out inside your ankle against the metal bed frame in my room while running to get the phone. Saw stars, literally. I figured it was a bad bone bruise but today I cannot put any weight on my heel, rotate my foot, and even sitting still hurts. Called my orthopedist because I think maybe I need an xray, and the first appt I could get is Wednesday. So I'm just gonna limp around til then. This particularly sucks because on Saturday is that relay Tri that I am supposed to do with my daughter and husband. (I wonder if I could sneak my son in to take my relay leg if I can't run.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom