What did you do?

Sumrdog

Just finished my last paper of the semester! So naturally to celebrate I went for a little run. 4:30 in the afternoon 92 degrees...Super hot for this Montana girl.
3 miles done!
Long run tomorrow less than 4 weeks until Dumbo!

JillC LI

Only 1.5 miles this morning because I ran with my daughter. She was done by .5 miles but I pushed her on by having her walk/run the distance instead of just stopping. She's running the mile in November.

I remember helping DD run The Mile for school in 4th grade. She hated every second of it but was so proud when she completed it without stopping. Next Fall she has to run 1.5 miles in 15 minutes (which is a pretty fast clip for a non-runner) in order to make the Varsity Swim Team as a 9th grader. I told her we'd start working on distance and speed several months beforehand, and she's dreading it. I have to ask the vet if we could train our puppy to run with us by then because that might give DD more motivation.

As for me, 5 miles last night at 10:10 pace which I was pretty satisfied with given the heat and humidity.

Sumrdog

Easy 9.1 this morning at 11:47...I am satisfied considering the heat and the fact that I have missed quite a few runs this summer due to my ridiculous, work, school, farm and parenting schedule.
I am so happy to have a few weeks off before I start my last 5 classes for the fall semester...Graduation in December!

Mr mom

Hey folks, I am checking in for the first time in a long time. I had an MRI done and it appears I have a flap tear on my medial meniscus, which of course is why after months of physio it has not healed. I will require surgery to fix it but the good news is that within a few weeks after surgery I will be able to go back to normal again and run my guts out. Unfortunately I have not been able to run for so long it will almost be like starting all over again, ugh.

JillC LI

Hey folks, I am checking in for the first time in a long time. I had an MRI done and it appears I have a flap tear on my medial meniscus, which of course is why after months of physio it has not healed. I will require surgery to fix it but the good news is that within a few weeks after surgery I will be able to go back to normal again and run my guts out. Unfortunately I have not been able to run for so long it will almost be like starting all over again, ugh.

Good to see you back. So sorry about the need for surgery, but hopefully you will be back in shape in no time. I remember in 2003 I needed ankle surgery to tighten a previously torn ligament and remove a floating bone fragment. I said to the surgeon, "If I have this surgery, will I be able to run a marathon someday?" He said, "I don't see why not." Two years later I completed my first marathon. The right treatment will get you back on your feet.

Mr mom

Good to see you back. So sorry about the need for surgery, but hopefully you will be back in shape in no time. I remember in 2003 I needed ankle surgery to tighten a previously torn ligament and remove a floating bone fragment. I said to the surgeon, "If I have this surgery, will I be able to run a marathon someday?" He said, "I don't see why not." Two years later I completed my first marathon. The right treatment will get you back on your feet.
Unfortunately I am on a wait list for this and don't know when it will be done, fingers crossed it is soon

LindsayLoves

Today was a 400, 600, 800, 800, 600, 400 @5:49,5:52,5:56 respectively, w/400RI@8:00 & 1/4 w/u 1/2 c/d all at .5 incline. Huzzah.

Welcome back @Mr mom take it easy and you will get back to it.

Awesome split times. I know you're working on your speed for 5k/10k races, when are you going to finally put all this training to the test?

ps- nice use of w/u and c/d

@Mr mom - it really stinks that you need surgery but at least you know you will be on your way back once you get that pesky operation out of the way.

dreamfinder

Today was bike. 30 mins, increasing tempo the entire time.

Awesome split times. I know you're working on your speed for 5k/10k races, when are you going to finally put all this training to the test?

Hard to say. I have a 5k next Thurs PM, about 5,000 runners. They offer a cash purse, so they get people driving like 6 hours to compete, so it's usually a fast crowd. (Course record is sub 14min) I usually do pretty good there, but at its a 6:40 start, heat usually kills any real PR chances. Have another 5k 3 weeks after that that I liked last year, so that may be a go. 10k I'm probably looking at mid Oct, when it cools down a bit.

LindsayLoves

Today was 6 x 800 with 1.17 mi w/u and 1.17 c/d, just over 6 miles. I made an effort to slow these down per my training plan but I failed again, even if I am on pace for the first 400 I always speed up the last 400. Splits were 3:46, 3:36, 3:39, 3:35, 3:39, 3:42

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom