What did you do?

scorp111

4 miles @ 8:42 per mile this morning....

This is a step-back week for me, so only 33 miles for the week and the mid-week runs are only 4, 5, 4.

dreamfinder

About 3 mi this morning. My knee has me a bit worried. Started off at my normal 5k pace, then had to dial it back to my marathon pace as my knee was acting funky. Worried as I have a marathon on Sunday and was shooting for a BQ time, but if my knee goes.........

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
These are points races for me. I need a few more USATF Certified races this year to qualify for a gold Phidippides awad from USATF. I think with this 5K I just did and the Wine and Dine Half comming up, I will need 3 more 5K's in this calander year to qualify.

I really don't care about bling either, I just was suprised to find almost nothing at the finish line. I would rather have some water and a bagel for my registration fee rather than another race t-shirt I will never wear.

Ah, and they spelled my last name wrong on the results posting - bah!

-dave
How do you misspell "Dave".

First name: Phone
Last name: Dave

Morons. :D

Blueliner

Saturday morning was 3 miles on Las Vegas Boulevard (out and back from Mandalay Bay, running away from the Strip/parallel to the airport) before settling in to the conference I was out there for for the rest of the morning. I did get to run past the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign on the route. Sunday was 45 minutes on a stationary bike at the hotel, followed by some weight training, followed by a beer or two at the pool.

My wife and I put in some extra mileage each night wandering between and within the various resorts on the Strip. I am not really into the whole Vegas scene, but I was impressed with the immersive theming and level of detail in several of the resorts, especially Bellagio, the Venetian, Paris Las Vegas and New York, New York. It kind of reminded me of WDW, except for the gambling, drinking (including people stumbling and puking in the streets), and people trying to hand you ographic images at every street corner. :lol:

JillC LI

Saturday morning was 3 miles on Las Vegas Boulevard (out and back from Mandalay Bay, running away from the Strip/parallel to the airport) before settling in to the conference I was out there for for the rest of the morning. I did get to run past the "Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas" sign on the route. Sunday was 45 minutes on a stationary bike at the hotel, followed by some weight training, followed by a beer or two at the pool.

My wife and I put in some extra mileage each night wandering between and within the various resorts on the Strip. I am not really into the whole Vegas scene, but I was impressed with the immersive theming and level of detail in several of the resorts, especially Bellagio, the Venetian, Paris Las Vegas and New York, New York. It kind of reminded me of WDW, except for the gambling, drinking (including people stumbling and puking in the streets), and people trying to hand you ographic images at every street corner. :lol:

When we were last in Vegas, it was about 110 degrees by day. No way I was running along the strip then! Just the long walk between each resort was nearly enough to do us in with the heat. My shoes were literally melting on the sidewalk! But I agree, Vegas is very cool with its theming. Hope you saw some good shows. We loved O, Zumanity, and Love. We're heading back there ourselves in mid-October for my hubby's cousin's 50th birthday party.

scorp111

5 miles @ 9:07 this morning.

A solid progressive run at my goal half-marathon pace. I didn't sleep well last night, so 0530 felt earlier than usual, and I really didn't want to get out there. As always, glad that I did.
Splits:
1 09:23
2 09:11
3 09:07
4 08:58
5 08:58 (should have been just 1 second faster :) )

Blueliner

When we were last in Vegas, it was about 110 degrees by day. No way I was running along the strip then! Just the long walk between each resort was nearly enough to do us in with the heat. My shoes were literally melting on the sidewalk! But I agree, Vegas is very cool with its theming. Hope you saw some good shows. We loved O, Zumanity, and Love. We're heading back there ourselves in mid-October for my hubby's cousin's 50th birthday party.

It definitely was hot in the middle of the day, but running was manageable just after sunrise (probably about 75 or so). We definitely put in some mileage wandering arounfd the resorts. Have fun in October!

JillC LI

Couldn't go into work yesterday or today because my daughter is sick so at least I'm making the most of being stuck at home while she naps. 12 miles on stationary bike yesterday. 4 miles on treadmill today with the middle 2 miles at 9:22 pace, and it felt surprisingly easy.

fmingo36

Couldn't go into work yesterday or today because my daughter is sick so at least I'm making the most of being stuck at home while she naps. 12 miles on stationary bike yesterday. 4 miles on treadmill today with the middle 2 miles at 9:22 pace, and it felt surprisingly easy.

Sorry your little one is sick but AWESOME job on the treadmill!

joel_maxwell

3.74 miles on Monday

3.09 miles today on lunch. I think I had about a 8:15 pace with mid 80's and sunny. It was a bit hotter then it has been the last few days. We have had a cool spell and I got spoiled.

Speed work today with my normal hills. Really pushed hard up them.

Mr mom

Have myself back up to 5 miles and the runs are getting a lot easier, I'll be back to my 9.5 in no time, pace is back up to about 7.5. So far no pain in either the calf or the knee.

scorp111

4 miles @ 9:11 pace today.

After 16 hours at work yesterday, and about 5 hours sleep, I will take it. Negative splits again today, so that is always nice.

Rest day tomorrow before a stepback weekend of 7 on Saturday, 11 on Sunday.

fmingo36

5.65 this morning. Should have waited till tonight-can't believe how much the temperature has dropped. Going to be a nice run tomorrow morning!

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
I seriously need a treadmill at home.

I haven't run in about 10 days.

I'm not too concerned about doing the run, but I'm definitely concerned about my wife, who is still having pain when she runs, and is going to see a Dr. next week about it.

I told her to not run until that night, and we'll take it as it comes.....it may well end up being a "slow but steady" race.

JillC LI

I seriously need a treadmill at home.

I haven't run in about 10 days.

I'm not too concerned about doing the run, but I'm definitely concerned about my wife, who is still having pain when she runs, and is going to see a Dr. next week about it.

I told her to not run until that night, and we'll take it as it comes.....it may well end up being a "slow but steady" race.

Yeah, my treadmill is key to my running life. Definitely worth the investment. I hope your wife feels better.

5.65 this morning. Should have waited till tonight-can't believe how much the temperature has dropped. Going to be a nice run tomorrow morning!

Temps dropped here too. Can't wait to do my 8 miles in this weather tomorrow morning (and not to have to wake up at the crack of dawn to beat the heat!).

Stationary bike last night for 33 minutes (13 miles). I think I can actually feel my quads getting stronger on that bike.

GoofyRacer11

Ran 18 miles this morning and the weather was
nicer than last week. Kept my pace to 8:30 per
mile. Tomorrow I'm going to some weight lifting
before my soccer game in the evening and Sunday
I'm running the Heroes Run 5 miler.

fmingo36

Just couldn't my butt out of bed this morning so I missed my opportunity to get a run in. With the cool temps. it was just too nice staying all cuddled up in the blankets this morning.
I did get an hour of weight lifting in though so not a complete wasted day.

joel_maxwell

My Saturday long run was moved to this am due to family events tomorrow.

8.15 on my super hills. Some fun stats:

800 Feet of vertical feet climbed
(not sure of the ascended, Ill have to check that on my Garmin Connect)
991 calories
9:25 pace

57 degrees at start = AWESOME!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom