What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@LAKid53 - I hope the socks do the trick!

I just read some of the reviews on Amazon - several runners said they are okay for walking, but not for running, especially long runs, like half or full marathons. One runner showed the blisters on her feet - between her toes and on the side of her heels. So I think I'll stick with my Feetures and as @dreamfinder said, build up those calluses....

dreamfinder

2.7@2i, 2@7:30, .7@7

Okay, I went and did it...I registered for the Virtual Shorts. Please don't hate me - this year's medals at the Expo were awesome - and huge! The bling made me, lol. Plus, it will be motivation to run at least a 5k once a month starting next month - and work on my pacing. If last weekend's SW Half didn't convince you, we are now in warm - soon to be hot - weather season here in the South. So I needed something, especially since training for the W&D Half under Galloway's regime usually starts in July.

I'm not a fan, but would never hate on anyone who likes virtual races. (I'll admit I've debated doing one of the Hogwarts Running Club races on day) Anything that helps motivate people to run is good in my book. Just wish a) they didn't cost so much and b) were a bit more forthcoming with how much went to charity

@Swissmiss, I visited my local running store the other day and showed them my feet - well, the toes on my right foot. I'm doing everything right - keeping my feet dry, wearing shoes/socks that fit properly, etc. The girl helping me and I compared toes and it appears we have the same problem - our pinkie toe kinda folds under the toe next to it when we run. She suggested toe socks, specifically Injinji, since they will keep my toes separated and help reduce blisters. So I will check them out on Amazon.

I've got several pairs. They can be tough to put on at first, and depending on your toe lengths/sizes you may end up with funky feelings/bunched material from the individual toes. Take a peek at REI (especially their sale/outlet sections) and also SierraTradingPost as they often show up on those sites on decent sale.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.7@2i, 2@7:30, .7@7

I'm not a fan, but would never hate on anyone who likes virtual races. (I'll admit I've debated doing one of the Hogwarts Running Club races on day) Anything that helps motivate people to run is good in my book. Just wish a) they didn't cost so much and b) were a bit more forthcoming with how much went to charity

I've got several pairs. They can be tough to put on at first, and depending on your toe lengths/sizes you may end up with funky feelings/bunched material from the individual toes. Take a peek at REI (especially their sale/outlet sections) and also SierraTradingPost as they often show up on those sites on decent sale.

Thanks @dreamfinder! So you've had no problem with blisters between the toes? The pictures of blisters a runner posted on Amazon were bad.

LAKid53

Premium Member
A member of the Hogwarts Running Club was cheering us on during the SW Half. I'm curious about the organization. Will have to Google them.

Texas84

Back from WDW. :( But honestly, probably need a break until the Pandora Passholder preview in a few weeks. :)

Ran a points 10K Saturday before driving down to Orlando. Hot and humid. I won my age group but only because everyone else was either running the 5K or the 15K.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Back from WDW. :( But honestly, probably need a break until the Pandora Passholder preview in a few weeks. :)

Ran a points 10K Saturday before driving down to Orlando. Hot and humid. I won my age group but only because everyone else was either running the 5K or the 15K.

Congrats on the race win!

dreamfinder

2.7@2i, 1.5@7:30, 1.2@7

Thanks @dreamfinder! So you've had no problem with blisters between the toes? The pictures of blisters a runner posted on Amazon were bad.

I haven't used them for more than a 5k run. I use them with my FiveFingers, or just as normal socks. I end up wearing through my running socks pretty fast (my big toes make holes at the tips) so with a few exceptions I tend to use cheaper ones.

A member of the Hogwarts Running Club was cheering us on during the SW Half. I'm curious about the organization. Will have to Google them.

http://hogwartsrunningclub.org/index.html Basically they do a new medal/race every few months. Something like 70% of your race fee goes to charity, the rest pays for your medal. Some of the medals have been pretty cool.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.7@2i, 1.5@7:30, 1.2@7

I haven't used them for more than a 5k run. I use them with my FiveFingers, or just as normal socks. I end up wearing through my running socks pretty fast (my big toes make holes at the tips) so with a few exceptions I tend to use cheaper ones.

http://hogwartsrunningclub.org/index.html Basically they do a new medal/race every few months. Something like 70% of your race fee goes to charity, the rest pays for your medal. Some of the medals have been pretty cool.

Thanks for the info!

JillC LI

4m outdoors last night. Debated whether to push it off til this afternoon but glad I didn't because DS's lax game was switched from Friday to today, and now I can attend. Guess the old adage is true - never put off til tomorrow what you can do today.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Happy Star Wars Day, peeps!

As it's been storming (now under severe thunderstorm watch) since I woke up (not complaining, we NEED the rain), gonna have to make my way to the gym for my morning run. But rainy days make me want to stay in bed....and read. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom