What did you do?

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Yes - I just looked on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Ergonomic-Cu...0660&psd=1&keywords=falke+running+socks+women

https://www.amazon.com/Falke-Womens...0660&psd=1&keywords=falke+running+socks+women

I definitely use the second one (RU4) and I think the other one is also one I use (basically identical, one has a bit more padding in some areas). I decided having no blisters is worth the price :)

They're more expensive than Features, for sure. And the sizes listed are european? What would a woman's US 9.5-10 equate to? I'd certainly give one pair a try, especially since I dislike the "no show" kind.

dreamfinder

2.5@2i@8

Will be back at the gym Thursday afternoon with trainer. Hoping the three blisters on my right foot heal enough so I can walk in the 5k next week to benefit my local animal shelter.

It may be just me, but I just push through the blisters. Yeah, they are often due to socks bunching up, or a hot spot from your sneaker, but if you can keep running with them, they will callus up nicely after a few weeks to a few months. That can be very helpful if you keep doing longer distance runs as eventually they won't hurt anymore. : ) That said, mine aren't usually painful or in places that prohibit walking, so hopefully yours are ok.

I just think the pinkie toe on my right foot will always get a blister, even just walking a lot (like a full day at the parks). It's a funny shaped toe...

I hear ya. I have two spots on my right foot, top of the second toe and the side of the ball of the foot that will blister up and then callus no matter what socks or shoes I use. They usually even blood blister to at least once so they turn fun colors.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.5@2i@8

It may be just me, but I just push through the blisters. Yeah, they are often due to socks bunching up, or a hot spot from your sneaker, but if you can keep running with them, they will callus up nicely after a few weeks to a few months. That can be very helpful if you keep doing longer distance runs as eventually they won't hurt anymore. : ) That said, mine aren't usually painful or in places that prohibit walking, so hopefully yours are ok.

I hear ya. I have two spots on my right foot, top of the second toe and the side of the ball of the foot that will blister up and then callus no matter what socks or shoes I use. They usually even blood blister to at least once so they turn fun colors.

I've got one of those at the tip of the toe next to my big one. I wear anatomical socks, so they don't bunch. I think it just maybe the way I strike and push off with my right foot, since that's my dominant side. I never get blisters on my left foot.

I've push through both the Princess and now SW half with blisters forming during the runs. So hopefully, my foot will get to the point calluses form and no more blisters. Will make walking the next few days much easier....

LAKid53

Premium Member
6,019 steps walking around Epcot - most of them wandering around in Mouse Gear looking for something Belle for my daughter - apparently there's no such thing as too much Belle stuff, well, according to her, lol.

Tomorrow is a sad day - I have to leave. :bawling:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@Texas84 - to be honest, I don't really like running in the rain and mentioned it once here and either you or @dreamfinder pointed out that you can't choose the weather on race day so it's better to find out how a favorite running shirt feels soaking wet before a race rather than during one. It seemed like pretty sound advice and so I've tried to apply it.

dreamfinder

2.6@2i, 1@8, 1.6@7:30

@Texas84 - to be honest, I don't really like running in the rain and mentioned it once here and either you or @dreamfinder pointed out that you can't choose the weather on race day so it's better to find out how a favorite running shirt feels soaking wet before a race rather than during one. It seemed like pretty sound advice and so I've tried to apply it.

Think that may have been me. While we all may prefer to run when it's 50 and overcast out, it's not always an option for races. I mean for January race weekend alone over the years I've seen everything from 33 and sleet/freezing rain to 80 and sunny. Although now that summer is rolling in, running when it's 90 and raining can be nice actually.

LAKid53

Premium Member
2.6@2i, 1@8, 1.6@7:30

Think that may have been me. While we all may prefer to run when it's 50 and overcast out, it's not always an option for races. I mean for January race weekend alone over the years I've seen everything from 33 and sleet/freezing rain to 80 and sunny. Although now that summer is rolling in, running when it's 90 and raining can be nice actually.

Except here in Florida, that 90 degrees and raining usually involves downpours and a little extra theatrics. Or as my mother would tell us when we were kids, "God's moving the furniture". :)

LAKid53

Premium Member
After an hour training session, 3 miles on the TM at a constant 15:00 and 0 incline - except for that 2% for a quarter mile the TM threw in at 1.75 miles....

My gym has opened the new expanded areas, so as part of my training, we did ropes - cool exercise. And I got to pretend I was a member of the OL by pushing some contraption around with a 45 lb weight on it. They now have a huge studio for group classes like kick boxing and other HIIT...and I hear rumor that yoga classes are coming!

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend and has recovered from the SW weekend!

LAKid53

Premium Member
Okay, I went and did it...I registered for the Virtual Shorts. Please don't hate me - this year's medals at the Expo were awesome - and huge! The bling made me, lol. Plus, it will be motivation to run at least a 5k once a month starting next month - and work on my pacing. If last weekend's SW Half didn't convince you, we are now in warm - soon to be hot - weather season here in the South. So I needed something, especially since training for the W&D Half under Galloway's regime usually starts in July.

@Swissmiss, I visited my local running store the other day and showed them my feet - well, the toes on my right foot. I'm doing everything right - keeping my feet dry, wearing shoes/socks that fit properly, etc. The girl helping me and I compared toes and it appears we have the same problem - our pinkie toe kinda folds under the toe next to it when we run. She suggested toe socks, specifically Injinji, since they will keep my toes separated and help reduce blisters. So I will check them out on Amazon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom