What did you do?

Texas84

Traveling this week. Did the hotel dreadmill on the 22nd floor overlooking San Antonio and my favorite hometown trail on the weekends.

The view from the hotel. Same view from the treadmill but dark (0530).
WP_20170213_18_29_07_Rich.jpg

Saw this on my hometown trail. I'm told it replaces railroad ties.
WP_20170212_08_14_14_Rich.jpg

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Did a nice and easy 40 minutes outside. Last couple of weeks have been too busy to run much, so it felt good to get outside (sunny weather - very rare here in the winter!) and get moving. Amazing how difficult it is to drag a pre-teen outside with me these days...

LizaMarie89

Did a nice and easy 40 minutes outside. Last couple of weeks have been too busy to run much, so it felt good to get outside (sunny weather - very rare here in the winter!) and get moving. Amazing how difficult it is to drag a pre-teen outside with me these days...

I'm amazed that you can drag a pre-teen out at all!

First 5 miler today - didn't run much of it because of my shoes and I stupidly forgot to use my inhaler before the run. But the shoes are almost perfect now!! Very little cramping and my ankles feel so much more supported!

I'm struggling with the mental aspects of running - I just get very bored and then down on myself. I'm training in a very hilly area and I'm under pace but that's the hardest thing for me right now. Not letting my brain defeat me.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Actually it was her own guilt that got the better of her - I finally just put on my running gear and started collecting my things (phone, keys, etc) and she said "wait - I'm coming with you" ;)

When I'm on the treadmill I listen to music on the Rock my Run app (mostly stuff from when I was in high school) and I let my mind wander but it can get a bit boring - and then my mental side of running has to get engaged to keep me going for my planned time or distance. But I find when I am outside, despite the fact that I don't listen to music, that it is much easier to feel motivated.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
A bit more than a half hour on the treadmill at work during lunch. For some reason I have a harder time staying motivated at lunchtime than when I go after work. But unfortunately mommy duties for the next month mean lunchtime runs or no runs :(

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
So, never did complete my 14 miler. About half way, my left knee started bothering me. Slowed pace and tried to push through it, but , nah, wasn't going to cooperate. Eased off a bit on Tuesday, Thursday runs pace wise and it was okay. Did a slow 4 miles Saturday. Okay then. So today, I'm doing a nice brisk pace around 13.X or so (okay, it's fast for ME) and after 10 minutes, my knee started aching - inside lower part of my left knee. So walked for 5, started running again at much slower pace and it was still aching. So walked for 10 minutes. Did only 2.19 miles in 34 minutes.

Here I was worried about my feet - the pinkie toe on my right foot loves blisters. So now my knee decides to join the fray. Will see about taping it at the Expo. But I get a feeling I'm going to be walking most if the Half Sunday..... :(

ETA: the lung full of acrid smoke I inhaled because my neighbor decided to burn a big pile of refuse didn't help my run this AM either. :confused:

Swissmiss

Premium Member
@LAKid53 - what a bummer. I'll think good thoughts that it will all miraculously go away in time for the half. I had mixed feelings about having to walk two thirds of the DLP half - I was proud of finishing, as I had only begun running earlier in the year in order to do the half for my 50th, but was disappointed to not have run more. This of course has only motivated me to do the DLP half again this year ;) EDIT: and it sounds like our fast is about equal :rolleyes:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
@LAKid53 - what a bummer. I'll think good thoughts that it will all miraculously go away in time for the half. I had mixed feelings about having to walk two thirds of the DLP half - I was proud of finishing, as I had only begun running earlier in the year in order to do the half for my 50th, but was disappointed to not have run more. This of course has only motivated me to do the DLP half again this year ;) EDIT: and it sounds like our fast is about equal :rolleyes:

Thanks for the kind thoughts.

I've never had problems with my major joints, so the knee thing is annoying. Or maybe it's my body reminding me I'm approaching my mid 60s.....

JillC LI

40 mins on TM this morning.

Hope the knee feels better @LAKid53.

I'm struggling with the mental aspects of running - I just get very bored and then down on myself. I'm training in a very hilly area and I'm under pace but that's the hardest thing for me right now. Not letting my brain defeat me.

Running is as much mental as it is physical. If your brain says you're too tired or you can't do something, you can't. You have to learn not to listen to those defeative thoughts and tell yourself that you are capable of accomplishing more than you know! Perhaps try music of something else to distract you.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom