What did you do?

AUPr8Hd

Me too! We will have to compare coral placement once we've got bibs.

I had my bib mailed to me this year since I wasn't sure I'd be able to take time off on the 3rd. I am in J this year. I think I used my Peachtree time from last year (1:12ish)

Last night was speed work at the track. 1x800 @ 10:26, 2x600 @ 9:31 for both, 3x400 @ 9:05, 9:29 & 9:40, 4x200 @ 8:19, 8:18, 7:52 & 7:49. The goal was to run them a little faster each round. The 400's were inconsistent.

The Crossfit gym I go to started an endurance group earlier this year. So, I get the benefits of a running coach without the additional cost :cool:

Texas84

Happy first day of summer! 8 miles this morning, 80F at finish. Had the elusive runner's high at 6.5 and cruised in. Felt like I had just got of a warm pool at finish. Absolutely drenched.

Made reservations at Sports for W&D. Got OKW for Dopey then the usual Holiday Inn for Star Wars. House is up for sale so I can pay for it all (kidding).

Sumrdog

3.25 with my 11 year old this morning, trying to whip her into shape for the Disneyland 10k. She did pretty well today considering I was pushing her a bit...We averaged 12:30 minute miles which is plenty good enough for a few character stops during the race...The snow from Tuesday melted and today it's 70! Happy solstice everyone!!

JillC LI

6 miles this morning. High 60s and humid but nice breeze in the shady areas. Ran by feel and just wanted it to be a comfortable run. Turned out I kept up a decent pace when I checked the Garmin at the end. Felt like it flew by.

LindsayLoves

Yesterday - Queens 10k. I got myself a new 10k PR of 48:57 on my last race of the summer. Last year I showed up unprepared to run this race and it was a miserable experience. I vowed to come back this year and show this race what I've got. I had a plan of running the first half around 8/min miles and then race the last 5k. This course is pretty narrow for a race with 8,000 people so luckily the crowds make it easy for you to not go out too fast. Stuck to my race plan and pushed hard the last 3 miles (pushed hard in the way that I am sure my race photos are not going to be pretty). Overall place 1592, Women 254, Age 63.

dreamfinder

Had my butt kicked with some mountain trail runs and yoga over the last few days. Was in the mountains of VT at Wanderlust (big yoga festival). Fri was a 4.5 mi trail run, Sun was a 6.5 mi trail run. Fri was solo, Sun was with a group led by Josh Ferenc again, guy who kicks on mountains. Sub 2:30 marathoner, and represents the US at the World Mountain Running Championships. Sat did a yoga for runners class, followed by a yoga for guys class. The runners one was traditional yoga, the guys class was a budokon/animal type course that really seemed more like a high level cardio/pylo course than anything I'd ever pictured as yoga. Which I then immediately followed by a 15 min conditioning session led by the Yogaslackers. (Further butt kicking ensued) And then Sun finished with yoga led by MC Yogi with DJ Drez spinning A Tribe Called Quest. Once again, not your typical yoga course, but a ton of fun. Which now brings the total number of times I have done yoga to 6 I think........

bethram

6.6 on Saturday, my first 10k+ since the beginning of May. 4.2 today running a hill I've never run before which really slowed me down but I figure it was good practice for "Cardiac Hill" on the Peachtree.

I had my bib mailed to me this year since I wasn't sure I'd be able to take time off on the 3rd. I am in J this year. I think I used my Peachtree time from last year (1:12ish)

I got an email with my bib number on Saturday, I'm in D. My sister in law who I'm going down with is in M.

dreamfinder

Yesterday was 3.1, 2@7, 1@6:30, .1@6. Today was bike cross training.

I just received the final race instructions for my half marathon this weekend. There are only 609 people registered! I've never been in a race so small. This may be the inaugural and last Cedar Point Race Weekend.

Nothing wrong with a race that small. The one I did in CO last December had about that many combined for the 5k/10k/half. I think 288 total for the half. A well managed race can easily survive off of 100 or so runners yearly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom