what can't you get at Disney?

CLandrum

As far as chargers for anything goes people leave them at hotels all the time. If you go to the front desk if they have some unclaimed ones around they will let you borrow them.

BTW- I am not sure about the animal thing but goodluck with that :)

FigmentsFangirl

A new {even if its used} car; Disney pretty much has everything but a used car lot for their Alamo Car Rental place right there by MK. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but it would be cool! Then that way you just need a one way flight ticket. I hate airplanes! Next time I go to WDW I'm driving!

Think about it, the perfect Disney suvinior! Could last a lifetime if properly kept up! ;)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
A new {even if its used} car; Disney pretty much has everything but a used car lot for their Alamo Car Rental place right there by MK. Not that it is a bad thing mind you, but it would be cool! Then that way you just need a one way flight ticket. I hate airplanes! Next time I go to WDW I'm driving!

Think about it, the perfect Disney suvinior! Could last a lifetime if properly kept up! ;)

I really like that idea. A tie in with GM would work well. You could actually BUY the car that you check out after Test Track. It would also be neat if they came up with some easy to do dealer addons that are Disney related that you can "plus" the car with.

Not sure I'd be a consumer (I don't own a car, I ride my bike or take public transit...when I need to drive I rent for a short period)...but I do think it would be neat, if done in a subtle way over near Downtown Disney or something...

As a side note, one year my parents actually did buy a new car on our Disney Trip. We had driven down from the DC area, and our Caravan finally died. So, they bought a new one in Ocala (I think it was Ocala)...

dreamfinder

There's information about shipping addresses for each resort on site somewhere. If I forgot something like a camera charger or if I broke a lens/camera, I'd want to get a rental shipped to me next day from http://www.lensrentals.com/ or drop ship something from Amazon. I have a vague recollection that if you have something shipped to you the resort charges a delivery fee. Does anyone remember something about that?

A delivery fee will depend on the resort. Typically if it is a convention resort, there will be a delivery fee. So Contemporary, Swolphin, CSR, etc. They don't want conventioneers shipping their displays and stuff and having the front desk being responsible for holding them so it usually gets held by the business office. If you are at AoA, POR, AKL, etc there should be no delivery fee.

If you do have something sent to the resort, I suggest using UPS/FedEx over USPS. USPS doesn't go direct to the resort, they "deliver" the mail in Orlando, and then a day or two later it makes it to your resort.

Lord_Vader

Join me, together we can rule the galaxy.
There's information about shipping addresses for each resort on site somewhere. If I forgot something like a camera charger or if I broke a lens/camera, I'd want to get a rental shipped to me next day from http://www.lensrentals.com/ or drop ship something from Amazon. I have a vague recollection that if you have something shipped to you the resort charges a delivery fee. Does anyone remember something about that?

One time I forgot a belt and bought a useless one at one of the resort shops. I lost my sunglasses and bought a replacement pair which I continue to use. I always think of them as my "WDW sunglasses" even though they have no sign of the mouse on them :-/ Even without anything identifiably Disney on them, the sunglasses still carry a little pixie dust on them.

--Adam

I had several items from Amazon and NewEgg delivered directly to my resort, picked them up in the gift-shop and they even left a message that I had a package delivery.

ddbowdoin

so all your bags are packed youre set for Disney, you got everything you need.... so you thought. Disney is pretty good at being able to sell you anything you may need from sunglasses and sunscreen to even extra sd cards for cameras. but is there anything you could forget to bring that Disney themself wouldn't be able to help with at all? (apart from things like prescriptions or family members that is)

I'm off work in about 10 and a half hours from now to go home get my bags and Leave for the airport in 15 hours. I figure I'm bound to forget some small things but what do I reaaaallyyy need to double and triple check. right now the one I can think of that I might forget if in not careful is a portable charger for my phone for long days in the park where I'd run out of juice otherwise, a little USB tube that fits in your pocket and can recharge a phone about three or four times before dying. (oh and until it's in rock n roller coaster, Bon Jovi music, but who are we kidding I'm not forgetting that!)

[ my bad if this should be under planning, but I figure it sort of skirts around that since this is also in a degree deals with when your plan fails and Disney fallback merch for what we potentially forget]

good seafood...

I just want some fried clams!

Ember

An average price for a 6 pack of beer. I can get a 12 pack for what they charge for a 6 pack. Yeah its Disney, glad i bring my own supply.
Beer!!! I knew I was forgetting something when I went out for our last minute shopping today. Gotta remember to pick that up. Florida beer prices in general are a lot higher than here in Jersey. Back to the store I go!

bsiev1977

I really like that idea. A tie in with GM would work well. You could actually BUY the car that you check out after Test Track. It would also be neat if they came up with some easy to do dealer addons that are Disney related that you can "plus" the car with.

Not sure I'd be a consumer (I don't own a car, I ride my bike or take public transit...when I need to drive I rent for a short period)...but I do think it would be neat, if done in a subtle way over near Downtown Disney or something...

As a side note, one year my parents actually did buy a new car on our Disney Trip. We had driven down from the DC area, and our Caravan finally died. So, they bought a new one in Ocala (I think it was Ocala)...
How'd the car work out for your parents? I live in PA, and would be worried about what I'd do if there was a problem with the car after getting it home.

rob45

Beer!!! I knew I was forgetting something when I went out for our last minute shopping today. Gotta remember to pick that up. Florida beer prices in general are a lot higher than here in Jersey. Back to the store I go!
Don't forget the brewskis!

NeedMoreMickey

What I pack usually depends on if I will access to a car or not. With a car I can drive someplace and buy it but if I'm stuck on property I bring everything I can carry. I put together my own version of a first aid kit with a lot of Dr. Scholls products, band aids, benadryl and tums. I wear daily contacts and I bring extra pairs at least 4 pairs. This also means that when the contacts are out the glasses are on. One year the screw fell out of the glasses and wouldn't go back in because it was stripped but since I'm an over-packer I was ready with my extra pair. The following year I started to pack crazy glue.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Mountain Dew, big box of Froot Loops, SunnyD, Nerds, Barrel of Monkeys game, I could go on.
Dr Pepper
Bubble Gum
Wendy's Baconator
Six Flags merchandise
Hookers

The 3 of us should get together one trip. I like the sound of drinking a Dew while eating frootloops and a Baconator and playing the barrel of monkeys game with hookers in six flags T-shirts. Forget about PI, we can make our own nighttime fun.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom