what can't you get at Disney?

litaljohn

Original Poster
so all your bags are packed youre set for Disney, you got everything you need.... so you thought. Disney is pretty good at being able to sell you anything you may need from sunglasses and sunscreen to even extra sd cards for cameras. but is there anything you could forget to bring that Disney themself wouldn't be able to help with at all? (apart from things like prescriptions or family members that is)

I'm off work in about 10 and a half hours from now to go home get my bags and Leave for the airport in 15 hours. I figure I'm bound to forget some small things but what do I reaaaallyyy need to double and triple check. right now the one I can think of that I might forget if in not careful is a portable charger for my phone for long days in the park where I'd run out of juice otherwise, a little USB tube that fits in your pocket and can recharge a phone about three or four times before dying. (oh and until it's in rock n roller coaster, Bon Jovi music, but who are we kidding I'm not forgetting that!)

[ my bad if this should be under planning, but I figure it sort of skirts around that since this is also in a degree deals with when your plan fails and Disney fallback merch for what we potentially forget]

PUSH

Disney sells SD cards, but they don't work with all cameras. We forgot ours on our last trip, so we bought one at the EE gift shop. The price wasn't marked, but we figured we needed one, otherwise we wouldn't be able to take quality pictures, so we bought it. Turns out it was $60 for a 24G card, since they didn't sell anything less. Then when we went to use it in the camera, it didn't work because it was a different kind of SD card. So we were out $60 and have very few decent pictures from our 2012 trip.

litaljohn

Original Poster
Disney sells SD cards, but they don't work with all cameras. We forgot ours on our last trip, so we bought one at the EE gift shop. The price wasn't marked, but we figured we needed one, otherwise we wouldn't be able to take quality pictures, so we bought it. Turns out it was $60 for a 24G card, since they didn't sell anything less. Then when we went to use it in the camera, it didn't work because it was a different kind of SD card. So we were out $60 and have very few decent pictures from our 2012 trip.

ouch, but very good post as a warning for others. where did you end up staying that trip? I know at Port Orleans Riverside they had 2gig cards in nov, 2011. they were sold behind a counter though and were not displayed. (you would think you were smuggling drugs they way they were hidden. I asked and they pulled out a little bin that had a bunch)

zurgandfriend

I'm too old for all the high tech gadgets but I know that I could walk into the Bay View Gifts in the Contemporary or the Bou-Tiki in the Polynesian in my skivvies and walk out with everything I need. I'm ashamed to admit this but I once forget to pack sneakers, I purchased a pair at BVG. Another time I forget a neck tie, we were eating at V&A, again BVG to the rescue. My DS forgot his bathing suit, Bou-tiki had them.

jw24

If someone was trying to be funny, they would've said anything from Universal or Harry Potter merchandise.

Other than that, chargers, USBs or USB cables (I maybe wrong but I can't recall ever seeing them in Disney World), shaving cream and razors. That's all I can think of right now.

litaljohn

Original Poster
I'm ashamed to admit this but I once forget to pack sneakers, I purchased a pair at BVG.

thank you! probably just saved me some cash there. completely went over my head to think about bringing another pair of sneakers to counteract the splash mountain effect of riding like ten times and sloshing through another park the next day. although it is kid of nice to know had I forgot it still would have been available at Disney.

PUSH

ouch, but very good post as a warning for others. where did you end up staying that trip? I know at Port Orleans Riverside they had 2gig cards in nov, 2011. they were sold behind a counter though and were not displayed. (you would think you were smuggling drugs they way they were hidden. I asked and they pulled out a little bin that had a bunch)

We stayed at POR, but we had another camera that took still pictures with us, but it was mainly a video camera, so the quality wasn't great. We just ended up using that.

Animaniac93-98

That's interesting they have some there. Then again, I've never been to the Boardwalk so I wouldn't known if they had them in the first place or I haven't visited any of the hotel shops more thoroughly...

There should be one store at each hotel that has them. They also had toothpaste, deoderant and the like.

It's good for use who don't want to worry about liquid sizes in our carry-on only luggage.

litaljohn

Original Poster
We stayed at POR, but we had another camera that took still pictures with us, but it was mainly a video camera, so the quality wasn't great. We just ended up using that.

if it makes you feel better I went through my pictures after one trip and found that while I thought I had to be conservative near the end of my trip in reality I had wasted about 200 pictures of memory on the inside of my pocket I hadn't noticed. although that Said the quality of the images of the crinkled paper, quarter, and three pennies was amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom