what can't you get at Disney?

luv

I care about calcium...I need it as a result of my gastric bypass. I just go to Walmart at home and get Wellesse liquid calcium citrate. Saves me the hassle!
My calcium issues are also surgically-related...not that one, but surgery, too. :)

They may sell it in the hotels or at Hess. Not sure. They do not have it in the parks! My whole world is about Calcium and Vitamin D these days, lol. I had to leave a park to get some once. :)

Minnie1976

Disney sells SD cards, but they don't work with all cameras. We forgot ours on our last trip, so we bought one at the EE gift shop. The price wasn't marked, but we figured we needed one, otherwise we wouldn't be able to take quality pictures, so we bought it. Turns out it was $60 for a 24G card, since they didn't sell anything less. Then when we went to use it in the camera, it didn't work because it was a different kind of SD card. So we were out $60 and have very few decent pictures from our 2012 trip.
Did you try to return it? Disney is very good about returns and making things right. They have gone out of their way when we have made a mistake.

juniorthomas

so all your bags are packed youre set for Disney, you got everything you need.... so you thought. Disney is pretty good at being able to sell you anything you may need from sunglasses and sunscreen to even extra sd cards for cameras. but is there anything you could forget to bring that Disney themself wouldn't be able to help with at all? (apart from things like prescriptions or family members that is)

I'm off work in about 10 and a half hours from now to go home get my bags and Leave for the airport in 15 hours. I figure I'm bound to forget some small things but what do I reaaaallyyy need to double and triple check. right now the one I can think of that I might forget if in not careful is a portable charger for my phone for long days in the park where I'd run out of juice otherwise, a little USB tube that fits in your pocket and can recharge a phone about three or four times before dying. (oh and until it's in rock n roller coaster, Bon Jovi music, but who are we kidding I'm not forgetting that!)

[ my bad if this should be under planning, but I figure it sort of skirts around that since this is also in a degree deals with when your plan fails and Disney fallback merch for what we potentially forget]

A bad vacation.

You most certainly cannot get a bad vacation at the World.

Zman-ks

I forgot to mention Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
75.gif

Miss that on vacation....

PUSH

Did you try to return it? Disney is very good about returns and making things right. They have gone out of their way when we have made a mistake.

No, we can use it in our other cameras anyway, but maybe next time we'd try that. Should something like this occur again.

janoimagine

so all your bags are packed youre set for Disney, you got everything you need.... so you thought. Disney is pretty good at being able to sell you anything you may need from sunglasses and sunscreen to even extra sd cards for cameras. but is there anything you could forget to bring that Disney themself wouldn't be able to help with at all? (apart from things like prescriptions or family members that is)
Any kind of tool ... no joke my tripod lost the set screw causing the handle to drop off ... All I needed was a set of standard plyers to adjust the head but after two days of begging Guest Relations I had to make a sizable "donation" to a maintenance worker I ran into for his pair.

Now I bring two sets of sticks and two heads on every trip, and a backup body.

G00fyDad

Disney sells SD cards, but they don't work with all cameras. We forgot ours on our last trip, so we bought one at the EE gift shop. The price wasn't marked, but we figured we needed one, otherwise we wouldn't be able to take quality pictures, so we bought it. Turns out it was $60 for a 24G card, since they didn't sell anything less. Then when we went to use it in the camera, it didn't work because it was a different kind of SD card. So we were out $60 and have very few decent pictures from our 2012 trip.

A 24GB card was the smallest they had?? Wow. We (I) forgot our (my) SD card in the laptop back in the room on our last trip. I bought a new one in the Town Square Exposition Hall. It was a 4GB card and it was expensive for an SD card, but nowhere near $60. That's close to larceny prices for an SD card.

G00fyDad

Any kind of tool ... no joke my tripod lost the set screw causing the handle to drop off ... All I needed was a set of standard plyers to adjust the head but after two days of begging Guest Relations I had to make a sizable "donation" to a maintenance worker I ran into for his pair.

Now I bring two sets of sticks and two heads on every trip, and a backup body.

I take one of these...
multi-tool.jpg

and one of these...
41cT2HP1dWL._SL160_.jpg

in our checked bags each trip.

PUSH

A 24GB card was the smallest they had?? Wow. We (I) forgot our (my) SD card in the laptop back in the room on our last trip. I bought a new one in the Town Square Exposition Hall. It was a 4GB card and it was expensive for an SD card, but nowhere near $60. That's close to larceny prices for an SD card.

It was the gift shop coming out of EE, so I didn't expect them to have much, but it's a good marketing strategy, I guess. :p

RonAnnArbor

Books -- there used to be the Virgin store in DTD but since that closed, there is nowhere you can get books to read, except for a few popular thriller or romance paperbacks in the concierge racks...Thank goodness for Kindle...

litaljohn

Original Poster
Innocence at Animal kingdom lodge apparently as well. I checked in to my room today or errr... Yesterday ( Monday morning) and lookout out on the huge kadani villige balcony and was treated to one animal getting way WWAAAYYYY to friendly with another. Before failing down the ladder to working security security I had gone to Rutgers majoring in animal science, and participating in a deal of animal behavior studies so I totally understand everything at work and that it's either a specific female going into heat or dominance and the like but does anyone know if disney only has one gender of animals in groups or if they are intact or not? It's a totally bizarre question I realize but it is something I'm now oddly curious about how it is handled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom