what can't you get at Disney?

atsolomon

There's information about shipping addresses for each resort on site somewhere. If I forgot something like a camera charger or if I broke a lens/camera, I'd want to get a rental shipped to me next day from http://www.lensrentals.com/ or drop ship something from Amazon. I have a vague recollection that if you have something shipped to you the resort charges a delivery fee. Does anyone remember something about that?

One time I forgot a belt and bought a useless one at one of the resort shops. I lost my sunglasses and bought a replacement pair which I continue to use. I always think of them as my "WDW sunglasses" even though they have no sign of the mouse on them :-/ Even without anything identifiably Disney on them, the sunglasses still carry a little pixie dust on them.

--Adam

luv

Gum! Disney has even convinced the airport not to sell it. But you can get it offsite.

Pepsi products.

Calcium. Nobody else would care about that but me, though.

If Disney doesn't have it, Wal-mart will. The Wal-Mart near Disney is awful, but it's there.

phlydude

Gum! Disney has even convinced the airport not to sell it. But you can get it offsite.

Pepsi products.

Calcium. Nobody else would care about that but me, though.

If Disney doesn't have it, Wal-mart will. The Wal-Mart near Disney is awful, but it's there.
I care about calcium...I need it as a result of my gastric bypass. I just go to Walmart at home and get Wellesse liquid calcium citrate. Saves me the hassle!

Hot Lava

PUSH said:
Disney sells SD cards, but they don't work with all cameras. We forgot ours on our last trip, so we bought one at the EE gift shop. The price wasn't marked, but we figured we needed one, otherwise we wouldn't be able to take quality pictures, so we bought it. Turns out it was $60 for a 24G card, since they didn't sell anything less. Then when we went to use it in the camera, it didn't work because it was a different kind of SD card. So we were out $60 and have very few decent pictures from our 2012 trip.​
ouch, but very good post as a warning for others. where did you end up staying that trip? I know at Port Orleans Riverside they had 2gig cards in nov, 2011. they were sold behind a counter though and were not displayed. (you would think you were smuggling drugs they way they were hidden. I asked and they pulled out a little bin that had a bunch)
This is a very good warning. As someone else mentioned, I think i would see how much for Amazon to overnight be what I need. Might still be cheaper than purchasing at WDW.

if it makes you feel better I went through my pictures after one trip and found that while I thought I had to be conservative near the end of my trip in reality I had wasted about 200 pictures of memory on the inside of my pocket I hadn't noticed. although that Said the quality of the images of the crinkled paper, quarter, and three pennies was amazing.

This happened to us with one of the Flip type cameras. My SIL was using it. Afterward, I tried to film more and it said it was full. In going back through, there was a 15 minute film of the inside of the bag it was in. She had not turned it off properly when she stuck it in the bag.

pupster

they used to have mr pibb. and then they a became like pibb Xtra. and then apparently that sort of went away. that's the only reason I har ever even heard of pibb was disney and now it's gone and I have this worthless I formation I'll never use again.....

I'm sure they had that in the vending machine

pupster

a decent hairbrush , I got a crappy grey one for 4 dollars from the resort store that fell apart so I had to hold the bristles onto the handle as I brushed.
I later found they sold a slightly better crappy hairbrush with mini on it but it was one of those folding ones so how was I supposed to recognise that as a hairbrush as I desperately wandered around in my matted state.

Belly button piercing bars , its what my boss asked for as a gift. But not really a disney approved product apparently.

Pepsi and weetabix.

Chicken curry

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom