What brings a tear to your eye?

aeillill

When I first walk into the Magic Kingdom and see the Castle, haven't actually cried yet, but it always makes me want to just break down. It's like coming home after a long exile

Connor002 said:
it's hard for me to admit it buy, on our last night, we were there till the park was closed and all the lands were closed. we were one of the few people left on main street, and the lound speaker was saying somthing nice about how they were glad you visited the magic kingdom. the played when you wish upon a star and the new lights and gold things on a castle were dimmed to a really nice looking dark purple. we just stared at the castle and i teared up, i'll never forget that night
That's the Kiss Goodnight, makes me cry too :)

Dizknee_Phreek

not so much joy or sorrow, but just by being moved:
Illuminations:RoE, "We Go On", ToN parade music (because it's awesome, and I miss the parade), Wishes, Spectromagic

tears of sorrow:
last bus ride to the resort, the thought of going home, missing Scoop Sanderson - Main Street's pin guru (he was out sick when I was there in May), something not going quite like I hoped/planned (yeah, I'm spoiled like that)

MommytoMJM

A better question is when do I NOT cry.....We spend every weekend in the parks (and occasional weekdays) and it never fails that something happens to make me cry...

Cheryl

Call me "Goofy" :hammer: but I always seem to cry while I glimpse at my son during Wishes and at the end of Fantasmic, I'm usually balling. :hammer: The final score from Fantasmic and my son sitting on my lap pretending to help Mickey Mouse send off the final fireworks just tears me up inside. :cry: It NEVER fails! :cry: I'm not sure if I'm crying b/c Disneyworld feels like home or if I'm just crying b/c my son is getting so big!

Oooh, and my DH cries when I get more points than he does on Buzz Lightyear's Space Spin :lol: :sohappy:

dixiegirl

disneydude2000 said:
Catching the ferry back from MK and they play 'You'll be in My Heart'.:cry: :cry:

THAT SONG WILL ALWAYS BE SPECIAL TO ME..MY OLDEST DAUGHTER was 3 at the time and she sang this song to her new baby sister ..looking at her with such love in her eyes and she just started with ' stop your crying i'll be alright...." as she was holding her hand......ok you know what does it for me too...hearing jimminy cricket tell you how many more minutes till spectromagic...oh the anticpation!!!

poohbear6103

Tears of joy: Wishes, the Walt Disney story at MGM and the smell of the lobby of the Poly as well arriving
Tears of sorrow: the smell of the parking lot of the Poly when leaving :cry:

surfsupdon

the Spectro finale, the combo of the music and the floats turning from color to white, accompanied with the children singing

MiCkEyROCKSxalp

1- Going home-Tears of sorrow
2- look down Hollywood Blvd(and see that UGLY hat) and feel bad for the Chiense Theater(that you cant see)
3-Thinking of IJSSS's fate-Tears of sorrow
4-Seeing the castle for the first time that day-Tears of Joy
5-Seeing the caslte for the last time of your trip-Tears of sorrow
6-Seeing The BackLot tour-Tears of Joy and Anger
7-Seeing LMAX from the backlot tour- TEARS OF ANGER!
8- Seeing Fantasmic- Tears of Joy!

nmj91385

JOY: Wishes, very moving takes me back to being a kid at wdw with my parents

SORROW: the last night leaving, it's like saying goodbye; Dumbo reminds me of a really good family friend who passes away

rentNdisney

for some reason, all the scores with the children singing like wishes and spectromagic always make me cry. even when i jsut listen to them at home.

DisneyBunny

Tears of Joy:
Watching the Riverboat round the corner with Stamboat Wilie Mickey at the wheel. Gets me every. Single. Time.

Seeing the castle break the horizon from a long way away.

Wishes in its entirety

Watching all the little ones get really excited about the experience.

Hearing the train whistle and waiting for it to come round the bend in the opening ceremony.

I could go on and on...

Im such a disney freak that for years everytime i watched a disney movie or the walt disney vacation planner which im sure everyone here does also wishing they were at that wonderfull magic place i shead a tear. thinking about how M.E. runined the true magic of disney makes me cry. leaving disney makes me cry and when my one year old daughter who is now eighteen months met mickey mouse for the first time i cried so hard people were asking me if i was ok lol. reading everyones posts here makes me cry as im thinking that im not the only one like me out there addicted to WDW. and yes as some of you have posted wishes makes me cry. my husband and i were there on our honeymoon and we had that private fireworks cruise i cried during that whole show its just so beautiful way better than fantisy in the sky but not as good as illumanations.

snoopi_grl

BellhopMicah said:
Tears of Joy:

Seeing the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Walking up to the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting in line at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Seeing the video at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting on the elevator at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting off the elevator at the Hollywood Tower Hotel

Tears of Sorrow:

Leaving the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Leaving Disney World

I'm pitiful, aren't I? :lol:
haha, i luv your Tears of Joy list!!!! :)

aeillill

Dizneyworld4430 said:
Im such a disney freak that for years everytime i watched a disney movie or the walt disney vacation planner which im sure everyone here does also wishing they were at that wonderfull magic place i shead a tear.

psst...I can just think about going and I start shedding a tear. I watched the Walt Disney biography last week and I just started balling in the middle of it, I felt like such an idiot, I was so glad I was alone in my room.

Alexandra

I get choked up at the first purple sign!
Walking into the MK for the first time that trip and seeing that glorious castle.
When I hear "Golden Dream" at the end of American Adventure.
When I hear the opening bars of Spectromagic and they dim the lights.
At the start of any Disney parade.
The beginning of Fantasmic.
The list goes on and on...

dandaman

BellhopMicah said:
Tears of Joy:

Seeing the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Walking up to the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting in line at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Seeing the video at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting on the elevator at the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Getting off the elevator at the Hollywood Tower Hotel

Tears of Sorrow:

Leaving the Hollywood Tower Hotel
Leaving Disney World

I'm pitiful, aren't I? :lol:

I hear that. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom