What becomes of Star Tours

Damon7777

Original Poster
I find the idea of Star Tours operating outside of Star Wars Land absolutely asinine and you give us this:

Why? Not all the Pixar attractions, like Monsters Inc and Crush or even Buzz, got relocated into Pixar Pier. I know not a great example, but still makes the point.

So your argument is that because something has been done before then it makes it OK to do it again..............do you see what you're doing here?
You use precedence to excuse stupidity.

Pixar attractions outside of Pixar Land(Pixar Pier) within the same park is asinine, too.

This is the blind leading the blind over and over again.

Last edited:

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I find the idea of Star Tours operating outside of Star Wars Land absolutely asinine and you give us this:

So your argument is that because something has been done before then it makes it OK to do it again..............do you see what you're doing here?

Pixar attractions outside of Pixar Land(Pixar Pier) within the same park is asinine, too.

You're entitled to your opinion. But note that none of the posters here actually run the parks. We're just trying to provide you our opinions on the reasons why things are the way they are. So no need to be rude to us, we don't make the decisions.

If you don't like the way Disney runs their own parks, well you can try complaining to Bob Iger Chairman and CEO of The Walt Disney Company. I'm sure you'll get very far with that endeavor and get all the answers you're looking for.

As for Star Tours, Disney has not officially said what is going to happen to it in the future. However as has been said a couple times in this thread some of us are of the opinion that once Disney finally gets around to redoing TomorrowLand it'll be decommissioned and turned into something else.

Phroobar

I find your entire post to be asinine. Why get rid of a extremely popular ride that has been there for half of Disneyland's existence just because more of it has been opened on the other side of the park. Themes don't have to be compartmentalized. That's just your OCD.

Damon7777

Original Poster
Why get rid of a extremely popular ride that has been there for half of Disneyland's existence just because more of it has been opened on the other side of the park.

Age is irrelevant. If it fits and it is a solid experience, then keep it be it 1 month old or 1 century.....no need to bring age into the argument. It should be based on merit.

Sharon&Susan

The thing in the building that has a sign that states it's Star Tours is not Star Tours. It is a parasite using the Star Tours name, but with no soul. And just like most soulless husks, it has to make a Haunted Mansion reference.

Phroobar

So you don't believe in the idea of Fantasyland, Frontierland, Main Street as separate places with consistent and congruent themes. Fair enough.
It's a travel agency and space port in Tomorrowland. How is that not part of the theme?

Age is irrelevant. If it fits and it is a solid experience, then keep it be it 1 month old or 1 century.....no need to bring age into the argument. It should be based on merit.
What's your definition on merit? It looks pretty darn successful to me. (long lines, longevity, sells lots of merch). I think it is extremely worthy, just like Space Mountain, to be in Tomorrowland. I can't say that for almost everything else though.

Phroobar

For the MF ride we should have the option of just watching Star Tours 1.0 instead of flying the Falcon.
giphy.gif

DanielBB8

Since when is Star Wars only in Batuu? It wasn’t in Batuu in any Star Wars movies. The argument is completely ridiculous. Harry Potter has Hogsmead and Diagon Alley and may have a presence in Universal’s third park.

Phroobar

Since when is Star Wars only in Batuu? It wasn’t in Batuu in any Star Wars movies. The argument is completely ridiculous. Harry Potter has Hogsmead and Diagon Alley and may have a presence in Universal’s third park.
Star Tours messes with people's OCD.

Damon7777

Original Poster
So we now have a fairly good idea about the soon to open screen based Star Wars "Smugglers Run" ride.

How many guests after immersing in a Star Wars environment and ultimately "Smuggling" over in Galaxy's Edge will find an interest in Star Tours, the soon to be isolated and extremely inferior anachronistic holdover. Star Tours will be a pitiful sight sitting lonely at the entrance of Tomorrowland with its 1987 sterile box like frontage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom