What becomes of Star Tours

DanielBB8

I want a TL overhaul, but let’s face it, if they’re expanding FL first, then TL will have to wait. If that’s the case, the easiest thing (corporate Disney loves) is an Iron Man re-skin of Star Tours for the time being. Not in favor of at all, but would be easy.
This will never happen because Marvel is going into California Adventure. What corporate Disney loves is doing nothing over doing what you think they should do. They already done nothing for Tomorrowland for 20 years. Driving attendance to DCA is the goal after Star Wars Land opens. Doing nothing to Star Tours is neutral as opposed to adding Iron Man, which is again, not the goal.

Last edited:

TwilightZone

This will never happen because Marvel is going into California Adventure. What corporate Disney loves is doing nothing over doing what you think they should do. They already done nothing for Tomorrowland for 20 years. Driving attendance to DCA is the goal after Star Wars Land opens. Doing nothing to Star Tours is neutral as opposed to adding Iron Man, which is again, not the goal.
I wouldn't say never. They still have multiple properties in multiple parks. They don't just confine. But I'm a wait and see person, I will see if any of the pixar stuff in disneyland closes in the next few years just because there's a pixar land. I'm betting none of them will!

DanielBB8

I wouldn't say never. They still have multiple properties in multiple parks. They don't just confine. But I'm a wait and see person, I will see if any of the pixar stuff in disneyland closes in the next few years just because there's a pixar land. I'm betting none of them will!
That’s a losing bet. This would also mean Carsland will close since there’s a Pixar Pier. Of course, none will close. Since Superheroes Land will open in California Adventure, the basis for Iron Man as well as Ant Man & Wasp opening in Tomorrowland just isn’t there. Then Disney should announce everything will go there instead of California Adventure. Darkbeer already said the Eastern Gateway will one day open so land will be freed up for park expansion. I would put my money on more Marvel going there.

Let’s play the non confining game. Maybe Marvel’s Big Hero 6 would be more appropriate in our Tomorrowland.

TROR

The difference between Pixar Pier and Galaxy's Edge is that Galaxy's Edge is an actual land. Pixar Pier is a cheap overlay that contradicts the principles of themed entertainment. To assume all Pixar attractions should be placed there when it is not even a real land is ridiculous. Expecting all Star Wars attractions to be in a Star Wars themed land is no different than expecting all Wild West attractions to be in Frontierland.

TROR

I’m writing this down... Pixar Pier is not an actual land. Okay, that’s what you insist. I don’t agree.
While physically, of course, it is an actual land (though half of it is water), it is by no more a land than any of the 'themed' lands at Six Flags. It bares no true theme. But this is not a Pixar Pier thread so let's move past this and let's get back to why Star Tours II is an abomination.

NateD1226

I’m writing this down... Pixar Pier is not an actual land. Okay, that’s what you insist. I don’t agree.
Well it is an official land but it was poorly executed. The budget was very small and used the money on 50lbs of glitter and a bunch of research trips. SW:GE is a well thought out land and things are going to get themed very well. Like @TROR was saying, Pixar Pier is the complete opposite. Pixar Pier was just a Pixar movies and Pixar shorts mushed together into one land. It was a huge mess and it still isn’t fully built. Pixar Pier was VERY rushed and terribly overhauled.

NateD1226

While physically, of course, it is an actual land (though half of it is water), it is by no more a land than any of the 'themed' lands at Six Flags. It bares no true theme. But this is not a Pixar Pier thread so let's move past this and let's get back to why Star Tours II is an abomination.
That post of yours is AMAZING 😂😂 I honestly hate Star Tours so much. That whole space had so much potential but the building housed a popular IP that everyone loves. Star Wars needs to be toned down in DLR but that is never going to happen because of SW:GE...

Sharon&Susan

Is it possible that a new land will replace star tours if it is big enough space?
Future Land should be opening 2027 with the new attractions being Voyage Into Microscopic Expanse, Round Sight All-Around, Human Advancer, and the Merry Go Round of Forward Movement Through Time. All of these attractions are totally original and not just knockoffs of past Tomorrowland Attractions, Do Not Steal!

VJ

Future Land should be opening 2027 with the new attractions being Voyage Into Microscopic Expanse, Round Sight All-Around, Human Advancer, and the Merry Go Round of Forward Movement Through Time. All of these attractions are totally original and not just knockoffs of past Tomorrowland Attractions, Do Not Steal!
Adventure Thru Inner Space, Circle-Vision 360, the PeopleMover and the Carousel of Progress?

Did I get 'em right?! 😁

Sharon&Susan

Future Land
Greetings, my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you
and all of you are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friends, future
events such as these will affect you in the future. You are all interested in the
unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are all here. And now,
for the first time, we are bringing to you all the full story of what happened on
that fateful day! We are giving you all the evidence, based only on the secret
testimonies of the miserable souls who survived this terrifying ordeal! The
incidents, the places, my friends we cannot keep this a secret any longer! Let us
punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent! My friends, can your heart stand
the shocking facts, that Future Land is now declared open?!​

VJ

Future Land
Greetings, my friends. We are all interested in the future, for that is where you
and I are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friend, future
events such as these will affect you in the future. You are interested in the
unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are here. And now,
for the first time, we are bringing to you the full story of what happened on
incidents, the places, my friend we cannot keep this a secret any longer! Let us
punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent! My friend, can your heart stand
this is as if clickhole and disnerland had a baby and i love it so much

DanielBB8

Future Land
and all of you are going to spend the rest of our lives. And remember my friends, future
events such as these will affect you in the future. You are all interested in the
unknown, the mysterious, the unexplainable. That is why you are all here. And now,
for the first time, we are bringing to you all the full story of what happened on
incidents, the places, my friends we cannot keep this a secret any longer! Let us
punish the guilty, let us reward the innocent! My friends, can your heart stand
New Theme Land or Park Mission Statement!!! It’s exactly what we need to tie up all the lose ends of theme park. We can move on satisfied.

SuddenStorm

It came back reworked as Paint the Night.

Admittedly, I actually enjoyed Paint The Night back in '15. It was delightful seeing the parade, followed by the Disneyland Forever show with the newly unveiled Main Street projections, followed by a showing of Fantasmic!.

Those were wonderful times, but seeing the parade in DCA the one time didn't have the same allure for me. I'm not sure if it was the location, the new and out of place Incredibles float, or just my jaded self.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom