What attractions have you fallen asleep in?

bouncingfigment

I fell asleep on the Universe of Energy as a kid. I was scared ____less by the dinosaurs, so I shut my eyes. It wasn't too long before I was out like a light.

When I'm at Disney, I'll let myself fall into a state of deep relaxation (meditation, perhaps). I can do that for about five minutes on Spaceship Earth (right before and during the backwards part, especially), and for me it's like taking an hour nap.

Chape19714

Nothing, I find it hard to fall asleep at WDW. Almost on Spaceship Earth. The most I do is close my eyes and rest, but it takes me so long to get to sleep, most rides are over by then.

jedimaster1227

When I was a really small kid, I fell asleep on almost all of the rides in Fantasyland (excluding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride-Doesn't that make a statement?).

DolFan

Spaceship Earth. I don't bother with going to see the Hall of Presidents or the American Adventure, I know that I would definitely fall asleep.

bassman

ive fallen asleep in the american adventure because of the music,to me its relaxing and it causes me to fall asleep.
i also fell asleep in the lion king show that used to be in MK, where philharmagic is now,i dont know why.
for the record i have never fallen asleep in philharmagic.

i have a friend who fell asleep in the alien encounter,no joke.
he said it was very comfortable and relaxing and that he couldnt feel the effects,he said it was beause it was dark.
i was like ":eek: :eek: HOW DID YOU FALL ASLEEP IN AE??
i was on tentor hooks when i went on it."

lunalovegoddess

The only time I nearly fell asleep was during SSE, since we ride often. I had been suffering from heat exhaustion at the time, and it was dark and cool. However, it is not a comfortable ride to fall asleep on.
Most of the attractions that people have mentioned are ones that I had not visited until this year, so they are still fresh and interesting to me. However, my husband did fall asleep briefly during Impressions de France... there is a bit of Beauty and the Beast music that is very soothing.

Jekyll Baker

I don't remember ever falling completely asleep in any attraction at WDW. Although I have come extremely close in HoP once. I also come close to sleeping on M:S (orange) everytime I ride it - it's just that relaxing to me.

Kaertos

Falling asleep

On our last trip in June, we were stuck in the "returning to Earth" part of SSE so I closed my eyes and was out for a second or two, then the ride started up again. I did the same thing on the TTa, just blinked out and came back during a nice, smoothg part of the trip.

However, I've only fallen dead asleep once. Body Wars. Not the ride actually, I fell asleep in line, standing up. I was on my honeymoon and between dinners and rehersals and celebrating, I had maybe fifteen total hours of sleep in the last four or five days before we visited Epcot. It was bloody hot. I was exhausted by that point. We were in line for Body Wars and I closed my eyes becuase I was getting a headache. :snore: Next thing I know my newlywed wife is waking me up and telling me I had been asleep for a good five minutes standing up.

After the ride, we went to the counter-service place there and I got a tuna salad and was forced by my wife and a CM to take a 30 minute nap on one of the bench seats. best nap I've ever taken. :rolleyes:

PhilharMagician

One of my favorites is American Adventure and I almost always fall asleep. Hall of Presidents is another one. I love the show, but with the A/C and sitting it just put me out.

A few others that can be tough when I am exhausted.
COP
Country Bears
EEA
SSE

FanofDinsey1981

I never have, but my husband has several times. Here is his list....

PoTC
Universe of Energy
Hall of Presidents (which I refuse to go in, I think I would fall asleep too)
It's a Small World
TTA
CoP
American Adventure
The movie in China
The Movie in France
Spaceship Earth
Haunted Mansion

I think there are more too. And keep in mind, he has only been three times!

Oh, and he always falls asleep on planes, in airports, on buses, monorails, and such.:snore:

SpectroPhoenix

Well, in my defense, most of these were during extra magic hours after a long while in the parks...
I've fallen asleep on:
Universe of Energy
Carousel of Progress
Star Tours
It's a Small World
Phillharmagic

And these don't include the many tiring bus rides

MKCP 1985

Where I've caught a few winks:

MK:

Tiki Room (original version)
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress

EPCOT:

Universe of Energy
American Adventure
Impressions de France
Living Seas film
The Canada and China films sound like they could be sleep-inducing, but I have never seen them.

Disney-MGM Studios:

Animation

Animal Kingdom:

None, but I've never seen the Festival of the Lion King or the Tarzan Rocks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom