What attraction that is gone you never got to experience

CHAPPS

Account Suspended
For me it was Tarzan Rocks and Whatever Sounds Dangerous Replaced.

The show that preceded Sounds Dangerous was the Monster Sound Show with Chevy Chase and Martin Short. It was better than Sounds Dangerous.

I never got to see If You Had Wings, Mickey Mouse Revue or 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I also never got to ride the Fort Wilderness Railroad.

GenerationX

I never got to see Alien Encounter, and I regret that. I didn't want to take the kids on it, and our family vacations were too full for me to take time out to see it. I almost got to see it. I had a business trip near Orlando planned for Jan. 04. Finally, I thought, I'd get to see AE. Three months before the trip, the attraction closed. D'oh!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I came up with a checklist of MK extinct attractions: (It's bigger than you would think)

Main Street Cinema
Swan Boats
The Walt Disney Story
Tropical Serenade
Caribbean Arcade
Admiral Joe Fowler Riverboat
Country Bear Vacation Hoedown
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
Diamond Horseshoe Revue Show
Hall of Presidents: Original Show
Mike Fink Keel Boats
20,000 Leagues Under the Sea
Dumbo, The Flying Elephant: Original Ride
Legend of the Lion King
Magic Journeys
Mickey Mouse Revue
Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
Skyway to Tomorrowland
Snow White's Scary Adventures: Original Ride
Toontown Fair
Mickey's Birthdayland
Mickey's Starland
Alien Encounter
Timekeeper
Carousel of Progress: The Best Time of Your Life
Circle-Vision 360 Films :
America the Beautiful
Magic Carpet 'Round the World
American Journeys

Delta Dreamflight
Take Flight
Flight to the Moon
Mission to Mars
Grand Prix Raceway
Tomorrowland Speedway
If You Had Wings
If You Could Fly
Skyway to Fantasyland
Star Jets
WEDway PeopleMover

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Unkadug, WEDway is still there, just call it Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Mate:drevil:

If you'll notice there are several attractions listed that are still there but go by another name and with changes from the original attraction. :wave:

JaclynR

Everything that came and went before 1990 plus AE, Figment version 2, Doug show at MGM, Hunchback show at MGM, plus a few more.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Unkadug, WEDway is still there, just call it Tomorrowland Transit Authority, Mate:drevil:

It`s still not ORAC-1. Or Jack Wagner (really showing my age now)

BTW; welcome Conner! :wave:

For me I STILL havn`t seen the CBJ nor the Tiki Room (yes, I missed the Tropical Seranade too!)

I`ve fond memories of all the Futureworld originals, If You Had Wings and Dreamflight, the 5th version of the CoP and (from a kid point of view) Mission to Mars. I loved that in 79 and 81!

I guess I`d put Perrins SSE, Astuter Computer Revue and WoMs Water Engine Theatre at the top of what I wish I had seen. From a historical perspective of course :D

Jerm

Mine would have to be 20,000 Leagues. Even though I have found it to be SOOOOOO much like the Subs here at Disneyland, I don't feel I missed much. But I still would have loved to have seen it. Also World of Motion and the UoE.

J

CThaddeus

Anything that ceased to exist before 1996. Also, since then I missed the Doug show, the boat ride at Animal Kingdom, Millionaire (though I saw it numerous times at California Adventure), and possibly a few smaller things here and there, but I can't think of any.
The attractions I most wish I'd gotten to see are World of Motion, Now is the Time, and The Mickey Mouse Review. The attractions I most wish I'd missed are Lights, Motors, Action and Tarzan Rocks!

Martin, you really never got to see Country Bear Jamboree or Tropical Serenade? I'm shocked. I figured you would have visited everything at least once!

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Chris - I hang my head in shame. At least I won`t be able to compare UNM to the original Serenade. Hey! I might actually like a cartoon makeover! Wannab will be impressed ;)

PhilharMagician

There are many early attractions that I have never seen, but one that is occasionally open and I have not seen is The Making of Me in WOL pavillion. I have to try and get into there in the next few weeks and see it.

Thie ride I would really like to have seen is AE.

Jessie&Buzz

I never saw Tarzan Rocks. I also don't remember 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea although my sister said I was on it. I'm sure there are lots that I never got to ride because I didn't go from the time I was 6 until I was an adult.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom