What at WDW Makes You Cry...

amykissangel

Original Poster
Mine are seeing the Castle for that first time on the trip, Fantasmic (beginning AND when the boat comes out at the end),Spectromagic, and the "Welcome, welcome, welcome" of the opening of MK...or maybe I'm the only sobbing geek in the parks....:lookaroun

EDIT: I just had to add this because I saw a rerun of Extreme Makeover Home Edition the other day. Did anyone else see the episode where Disney opened it's nighttime doors to the little kids who were allergic to the sun, and couldn't go outside because they would get skin cancer or horrible, horrible burns?

The part where the little girl (8 or 9 years old) who NEVER got to meet the Princesses (because they were only out during the day) goes tearing up to them...and Aurora and Cinderella give her big hugs, and her Mom is bawling and she is bawling...I was also bawling..

Enderikari

amykissangel said:
Mine are seeing the Castle for that first time on the trip, Fantasmic (beginning AND when the boat comes out at the end),Spectromagic, and the "Welcome, welcome, welcome" of the opening of MK...or maybe I'm the only sobbing geek in the parks....:lookaroun

Most definately you are not the only one... All firework shows, but especially Illuminations.. Character Meet and Greets with new families. Watching people enjoy the parks... Lots of things will get a heavy emotional reaction from me

Ringo8n24

When you first arrive and you do something at WDW to where you truly take it all in without noticing anybody else. Your family is focused on what is going on so it is just you and the "magic" of say a parade or Illuminations. You think to yourself how much you have missed WDW and how blessed you are to be back. It can make you cry, but "happy" cry with the sights and sounds all around you of Disney...until you have to leave. Then those are real, sad tears.:cry:

coasterphil

Leaving, knowing that soon you be back in the "real world." :cry: :lol:

Honestly though, nothing has actually made my cry at the world so far. I came pretty close when I blew a 64,000 question at WWTBAM with all my lifelines left.:brick:

dxwwf3

First time I saw Wishes in front of the castle

Watching kids have a special experience

Seeing things that remind you of loved ones that have passed on (Will be a new experience for me the next time I'm at WDW)

Thinking of the times you had there and the things you did as a child

Experiencing a favorite attraction for the last time. I was a WRECK the last time I saw AE :lol: And I was a little emotional walking out of the Wonders of Life last December.

Yanks07

arrival and departure, also Illuminations. Oh yeah, and stubbing my toe which I did last time! Ouch!!:zipit:

i second eveyones here... but personally i think that the true thing that got me is that on the last day before going home we got on the ferry from MK and it was just before sunset and they played Phil Collin's 'You'll be in my Heart.' i turned round and saw my sister crying that set me off and almost in turn we all started crying.

of course before getting to the airport they played 'Im leaving on a Jet Plane' followed by 'When will i see you again.' what terrible choices for songs on the saturday turn around day. but at least it helped us remeber that specific holiday

PS.. YAY 100 posts!!!!!!

Aurora8305

just about any disney fireworks in general, seeing other children having a great time, leaving, and being so nervous and excited while signing the waiver to be in the Indiana Jones show at MGM the first time ever I went there.

dvcnut39

Watching my family turn the corner onto Main St and looking at Cinderella's Castle for the first time, Wishes, Illuminations, and leaving.

Rora

Watching families enjoy the magic, as an envious single person. Wishes, Illuminations, walking down Main Street at the end of the night, and the "see you real soon" billboard as you're leaving Disney property.

Stitch69

Walking down main street USA feeling like I was a kid seeing it for the 1st time again. Also, going home....but now I make sure I always schedule my next trip so I am not as sad- cuse I know I am going back!!!!:king:

KCBroadway

I never seem to get all that choked up when I'm actually at Disney, but the music for Wishes and Spectromagic ALWAYS gets me at home. I don't get it! I have them on CD in my car and always feel my self get teary eyed if I listen to it and it's been a while! It just reminds me of such great times!!:D

LudwigVonDrake

It used to be the movie at the end of the Animation tour, where they showed classic moments from Disney movies...EVERY TIME :cry:

I usually tear up when I hear Jiminy Cricket (Cliff Edwards) singing "When You Wish Upon a Star" :)

KCBroadway

My mom cries every single time she hears "When You Wish Upon a Star" too!! She loves Jiminy Cricket so that's why it gets her. My husband and I took my parents to Disney last month and my mom (once a regular when she was younger) hadn't been in 10 years . She cried the first time she saw a character (at the morning ceremony for AK) - It was so funny! She also cried the first time we went to Magic Kingdom and were walking down Main Street - that made me tear up too! (seeing her cry).

Scooter

The American Adventure show...I get a bit teary in two parts.

The Civil War part when they sing about the two brothers, one wore blue and one wore gray, and one came home one stayed behind..cuz "a cannon ball don't pay no mind."

And in the end when they sing that Golden Dreams song.

milia

So many things...
The Welcome show at Magic Kingdom, Wishes, the end of the Great Movie Ride, the late Castle show (not Cinderellabration), the music (so powerful), and yes, the billboards, they make you remember all the love and gentle care you feel at WDW.
:cry: happy tears
99 days and counting!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom