what are your 3 worst restaurant choices in WDW

luv

A lot of them are hit-or-miss, but the only one that consistently sucks is Tony's.

There are plenty I skip because I don't like that type of food, but Tony's is the only one I'd really like to visit and can't.

ETA: Sci-Fi!!! How could I forget the Sci-Fi? That's another one I try very, very hard to avoid!! But sometimes, someone else wants to go, so I do. Nobody ever cares about going to Tony's, lol.

Disneykidder

I've only had two bad experiences. I LOVE eating in Disney!! Granted they were both in the late 90's but I still haven't gone back.

1. Garden Grill~~The food wasn't good at all and we were there for over two hours waiting for characters. :/

2. The Hollywood Brown Derby~~I ordered the Cobb Salad and it was like eating wet mush. It was so bad. The atmosphere, staff and cake were great but for the price we paid there I expected to have a great salad...especially since it is was signature dish. :(

ImagineerDude

What?? The Olivias is in one of my tops!!!

1. Chef Mickeys (breakfast was terrible. love the atmosphere though)
2. Cant remember it's name, but a QS place where you get chicken or shrimp? It's down the way from Liberty Tree
3. ANNND the place thats right outside of Tusker House, the QS meal there. I want to say it's called Dawa Bar? GROSS.
You don't go to chef Mickey's for the food ;)

Are you talking about Columbia Harbor House? Love it there!

MickeyPeace

Bad food. Their marinara sauce was deplorable.

Stay away from the sauce at Tonys!
I had pasta with seafood sauce and for the rest of the night I was burping garlic, upset stomach. Was pretty awful. So it takes #1 worst.

Tonys
Artists Palate at Saragotoga Springs- I could never find anything that looked good even when hungry. Blandest breakfast ever.
50s Primetime- I went with two other people. None of us left feeling like we had a good meal. I know this place is more about show but c'mon how do you make comfort food unsatisfying?

Tomi-Rocket

No sit downs (thankfully) but for quick service ABC Commissary & Pizza Planet, that's it. And again thankfully we've never had horrible and/or in edible food. I hope that doesn't change on my next trips, lol.

PUSH

1. ABC Commissary, burgers were dry and awful.
2. 50s Prime Time, theming and waiter were good, but food left me unsatisfied.
3. Crystal Palace, went there on my first ever trip down and LOVED the breakfast, went again on two different trips and the breakfast was something I could find in WI.

Mrs.Toad

I have no place that I won't wait it out with and give another shot....

Except....Big River Grille. I went twice and never gain. The only place in WDW I feel that way about. Twice and horrendous. Burger is bad-tasting, bun=tasted like sawdust, chicken quesadillas+waxy chicken, tasteless. Really, everything I had tasted bad or flavorless. I really tried. I went back. I can never recommend this place.

I will never again order the steak from the 50's. Asked for medium rare. I got gray and well done. And it was tough and stringy. I think the grade quality was just bad. The potatoes were frozen. But the onion rings and dip were amazing.

RonAnnArbor

Hate reading these threads -- especially when you see something like "Raglan Road" (which is consistently rated among the top restaurants in the country, let alone Orlando), etc (And my personal favorite and I travel world wide)...its all a matter of a single visit, or a single server, or a single meal, blech....hate these threads...

plaz10

So bad that I'd never return? Chefs de France. There was nothing worth going back for.

I was unimpressed with Crystal Palace. Food was just OK. Buffet items so nothing fantastic. And took forever and a day to see all the characters.

And Raglan Road was awful. Food and service. But I've seen some things on their menu I'd like to try so I can see trying this again in the distance future - after I've hit all the other places I haven't eaten at....

wdwfan22

Hate reading these threads -- especially when you see something like "Raglan Road" (which is consistently rated among the top restaurants in the country, let alone Orlando), etc (And my personal favorite and I travel world wide)...its all a matter of a single visit, or a single server, or a single meal, blech....hate these threads...

I would disagree with that rating. While Raglan Road is okay it's not great by any means

gwhb75

1) Biergarten - don't get the appeal of it. Atmosphere was good, food was "meh"
2) Hollywood and Vine - nothing spectacular. Only went for the Fantasmic package
3) Kona - I just don't think it lived up to the hype

zurgandfriend

We usually don't go back if we had a bad experience except for the following;
1. Artist Point: 1st visit meh, staying at the Wilderness we gave it another try and it was horrible due to the service, food and the party seated near us
2. Hollywood and Vine 2 visits also, 1st was okay 2nd horrible

Dad 2 M & M

The only two that come to mind are:
1) Tuttos - we are contemplating giving it another shot
2) Mama Melrose – our last trip it disappointing compared to two previous trips where we enjoyed it. Will go back, just not this upcoming trip.
We have not had a terrible experience yet….some so-so.

**Edit** Now that I think about it, we didn't care for Tusker House Dinner...still really enjoy the breakfast! **End**

sydneymorganmom

In my opinion, I always feel rushed so I can't count that. As of late, I'd consider The Wave and Hollywood & Vine as the worst. The Wave - everything seemed microwaved and bland. Hollywoo & Vine - we tried twice because DD(now 4) liked the characters there but the food was borderline edible. All of it seemed like it was sitting forever and was mushy. As busy as it is, one would think they could at least get the food turned over before it gets mushy and reheated. blek

The Empress Lilly

1) 50's Prime Time. To echo others: I love the show, but come on, does the food have to be this bad?
2) Pinocchio's Village Haus. Sorry couldn't get used to the new menu. Love the location and design though!
3) That Japan food stand that sold me yukkie supermarket sushi, in its plastic supermarket package, for like $8.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom