What are the holidays like at WDW?

omgthatsfun

Never been to WDW in the month of December, I usually go in spring and summer. What exactly happens and just how crowded and expensive is it? I expect it's one of the busiest seasons of the year, right?

mickey7879

I've never been on Christmas but have been there the first 3 weeks of December. It's our favorite time of year to go. Everything is all decorated up. MVMCP is a must do! The Osborne lights really can't be explained, you just can't imagine how lit up everything is until you see it. To me, it the most magical time of year to go. And it's also been the LEAST busiest time! That's what we've found anyway. Everything is just so pretty and really gets you into the Christmas spirit. The resorts are also all done up nicely, so you'd want to check a bunch of them out as well. The Candlelight Processional in Epcot is also so wonderful! Make sure you get the dining package so you don't have to wait in line. The weather is a lot cooler....some nights were in the 30's but from Maine, we're used to it! If you get a chance to go when everything is all decorated for Christmas, I think you should go!:xmas:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

We visited Dec 25th 08 - 3rd Jan 09. Traditionally Disneys busiest time. We were expecting it to be busy but, to be honest, found it no busier than our previous Easter trips. The busiest day was New Years Eve. The parks (EPCOT in our case) were packed from park opening until well after midnight - both MK and EPCOT closed mid morning.

If you go with the pre conceived idea that it will be busy and you're prepared for anything, you'll be pleasantly surprised when it turns out quieter than anticipated. On Dec 26th we arrived at MK during am EMH and during the first two hours hit 5 major rides with little or no wait. On New Years Eve Soarin' had a stand by line of well over 3 hours, and on Dec 2nd we visited DHS during am EMH (arriving just 20 mins after opening) and queued for 20+ mins just to get a Fast Pass ticket for Toy Story Mania.

We thoroughly enjoyed our Christmas / New Years trip despite the crowds - WDW is a wonderful place at this time of year and there can't be a better place to let in the New Year.

Upvote 0

flydisco

Never been to WDW in the month of December, I usually go in spring and summer. What exactly happens and just how crowded and expensive is it? I expect it's one of the busiest seasons of the year, right?

You can't lump December and Christmas together when it comes to crowds. Like the above poster said during the actual Christmas holiday week it is very busy, but the beginning of the month has much lighter than normal crowds. The lack of crowds and still being able to see the decorations is the reason we LOVE going the week after Thanksgiving. It may be a little busier this year because of free dining but for the most part crowds are 4 to 6 on a scale of 10.

Upvote 0

DisneyPrincess5

As far as crowd go, just like others have said, the beginning of December is lighter and towards Christmas is heavier.

But it is a truly fun and magical time to go. Decorations everywhere, special events and lights and the like make is super fun. Be sure to see the Osbourne Lights at DHS!

Have a great trip!

Upvote 0

corey154

Disney is beautiful in December. I live in Florida so sometimes with the weather it's hard for me to get in the Christmas spirit, but ever since I started doing a Disney trip in the begining of December, I always leave ready for the holidays...and very happy!

Upvote 0

SMRT-1Michael

Thanksgiving Day to the first week of December is my favorite time to visit WDW. We visit at least 4 times per year, but we always look forward to seeing the decorations, resort, parks....and of course MVMCP :xmas:

Upvote 0

GoochDSA

I was down there this past New Year's Eve (Dec. 26- Jan 4th). As everyone has basically already stated, the vibe is much more magical than usual. EPCOT is a crazy place to bring in the New Year. There was a party in every country. Just the experience alone was worth the extra cost.

As for the rest of the month, with finals and mid terms and other tests that month, I am sure it is much less crowded.

Upvote 0

DizneyPryncess

December is one of my favorite times to visit WDW! It makes the most magical place on earth even more magical, with all the lights & the "snow". The first week of December was extremely light in crowds for us. Christmas week itself is one of the busiest weeks of the year though.

To my knowledge it's no more expensive to visit in December than it is to visit any other time of year. Someone correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Upvote 0
This is when we usually go to the World. We love it during Christmas and New Years!!! Decorations, MVMCP, Candlelight Processional, the awesome diners, I could go on forever. I definetly recommend Christmas time. The crowds are higher so get to the parks earlier or later in the afternoon to evening to see the great shows. Our experience, we go to AK in the morning and hit the MK or EPCOT later. It is truely a good time of year to go.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom