What are the crowds like in disney now with Harry Potter being open?

MickeyMind

I was able to go this past sunday, thank god I did, we were able to ride the forbidden journey 3x, everything else in the park was a walk on, got to try the butterbeer, see the olivander's demonstration, the whole place was soo cool.. it was my first time to the universal orlando resort since it first opened, and all I can say is that I will DEFINITLY be going back soon! this will most definitly be cutting into my future vacations at wdw, why go to mgm when I can go to uni and why go to ak (unless I wanna see animals) when IOA has far better rides, and much more to do, I mean theres only so many times I wanna look at a caged up monkey and a couple of lions on a hill, the only reason I go to ak is for everest and dinosaur, but now I can go to ioa and ride hp, spiderman, the hulk, dueling dragons, and jp. Its like discovering a forgotten disney park

Maerj

Okay Disney, you see the lines. Time to step up your game. Uni and all the other parks are ganging up against you and soon there will even be a Legoland nearby. Start putting some kick@** attractions in like we know you can!

CaptainJackNO

Remarkably, Disney is completely empty, and Upper Management has ordered all remaining Cast Members who have not already left the park to commit ritual seppuku, like Samurai. Spaceship Earth is being packed up for an undisclosed buyer in Sweden, and Mickey Mouse has declared he is no longer affiliated with this "Walt Disney person". Bob Iger is currently selling the property to the Appliance Direct people for a very reasonable price, IMHO.

LOL!!! Exactly.... People are amazing. Oh my goodness !!!:eek: Universal opened Harry Potter World!!! Big deal, folks, not everyone even likes Harry Potter. Disney is, according to posted wait times, exactly as it was without Harry Potter. Gee whiz, guys, don't throw yourselves on the sword, for pete's sake.

Nothing will change. Nothing! Disney is a fare better value given all the parks, transportation, let alone the tradition of Disney. One freaking attraction, despite its quality is not going to topple the world's number 1 vacation destination, people. Get over it. Remember the Mummy? Spiderman? And, WDW is still there:rolleyes:

StageFrenzy

I was able to go this past sunday, thank god I did, we were able to ride the forbidden journey 3x, everything else in the park was a walk on, got to try the butterbeer, see the olivander's demonstration, the whole place was soo cool.. it was my first time to the universal orlando resort since it first opened, and all I can say is that I will DEFINITLY be going back soon! this will most definitly be cutting into my future vacations at wdw, why go to mgm when I can go to uni and why go to ak (unless I wanna see animals) when IOA has far better rides, and much more to do, I mean theres only so many times I wanna look at a caged up monkey and a couple of lions on a hill, the only reason I go to ak is for everest and dinosaur, but now I can go to ioa and ride hp, spiderman, the hulk, dueling dragons, and jp. Its like discovering a forgotten disney park

If you want to see animals Busch gardens is better

the-reason14

I don't see why anyone would think disney would be any less crowded. :shrug: I'm sure Harry land is great and all, but the majority of the people lining up hours to see it or those hardcore freaks. I'm sure it will dent WDW's attendance a little, but not to where you can actually see it.

PurpleDragon

I don't see why anyone would think disney would be any less crowded. :shrug: I'm sure Harry land is great and all, but the majority of the people lining up hours to see it or those hardcore freaks. I'm sure it will dent WDW's attendance a little, but not to where you can actually see it.

LOL!! Exactly!!

Oh noes, WDW had 234,452 people thru the turnstiles today instead of 235, 987 like yesterday. What ever shall we do??!?!?!?!1!1?!?:rolleyes: :lol:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
It was crowded as heck except for one or two days when we were there the first two weeks of June. I think TDO is saying Harry who?

erasure fan1

Exactly! I have one friend- taking her 7 and 4 yr old to Orlando for the first time in August- they are skipping WDW altogether and making this an all Universal trip to take in as much of Harry Potter as possible. I couldn't imagine taking my kids to Orlando for the first time and totally skipping Disney. I thought maybe she was the exception and not the rule, but various schools here are planning Orlando trips for the next year - some have cut WDW out completely in favor of Harry Potter while others have reduced the number of days at Disney to compensate for adequate time at Universal.
I guess if you are only planning on being in Orlando for a day or 2 this might make sense. "take in as much harry potter as possible" ? I guess with the lines it may take a week to see it all but lets not forget its 3 rides and some shops.

I think Disney will see no change because of Potter. If anything I think attendance could go up a bit with people who had not planned to go to the Orlando area before, then seeing potter decide to take a visit. And that would be horrible for something to compete with HP.

Thrill Seeker

Well, it was pretty quiet today at Epcot. Mission: SPACE only had about a 30 minute wait tops and it dropped off quickly. I'm betting it was mostly because of Potter...

tizzo

Just out of curiosity, what are the crowds like in Disney now that Harry Potter is open in Universal? I read the wait time to get into HP is 6 hours. :eek:

We were at MK Friday, the day HP officially opened at IOA. We were hoping that HP might divert some of the crowds, but I saw no evidence of that. MK at least was pretty crowded.

IWant2GoNow

So very, very glad we got in for the early previews.

It was an awesome experience but I wouldn't wait in line six hours to do it again.

Amen! We got in on June 11th and had an hour and a half wait through the queue for HPatFJ. Most definitely glad I'm not dealing with these lines. The ride was good... but not THAT good.

misterID

You guys need to stop judging it by MK's crowds. We pretty much know nothing is going to put a dent in MK's crowds, but it's the other WDW parks, DHS, EPCOT and AK, the last 2 especially, that will feel it.

And I'm really not sure you'd see it right away. I could be wrong, though.

StageFrenzy

This is peak vacation season universal won't beat Disney there, however this fall and next year it may get the Florida Residents back which could affect the numbers in the off season. I don't see any reason to renew my Disney pass after march.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom