What airline do you fly with to go to WDW?

Mickey92

Hi All,

Ok, this is just a general poll... What Airline do you fly with to go to WDW? Is it because they were the cheapest, most leg-room.. Avaliable travel dates etc etc...

I have listed as many US Airlines as possible but if I have missed some, just tick other and post down below which Airline it is E.g. 'Other: X Airline'

Just a general Survey, You can vote for lots of them so for example you fly with different ones each year you can select these.. I have literally just gone through the list of airlines that operate in/out of Orlando International (MCO)

Best Wishes,

Tristan

Penelope

We chose Southwest for our next trip to Orlando as we have a toddler and it was our only option for a nonstop. AND - it has an early morning flight so we salvage our first day.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

I'm in the Houston area and am usually flying with two young children- so non-stop flights on either Continental or Southwest are my best options. I prefer Continental (even though Houston Hobby/Southwest is much closer to us than Intercontinental/Continental).... and here's why...
1) for us, even with baggage fees, it almost always ends up being cheaper for us to fly Continental than Southwest
2) I prefer an assigned seat - I want to be guaranteed a certain area of the plane
3) sort of tied into #2- I HATE HATE HATE the whole check in process with Southwest. That whole checking in exactly 24 hrs in advance to try and make boarding group A is awful.
4) the pre-board policy on Southwest for families w/young children is a waste. At least with Continental- I can board a little bit in advance- breakdown the stroller- get the kids situated with everything and carseats before the masses board- and maybe even get one last trip to the potty before take off.
5) every time I fly Southwest (with the exception of one trip to Vegas) we get what I like to call Disney's lesser known 7 dwarfs - Surly, Apathetic, Nasty, Bitter, jaded, Clueless and Spiteful.
6) Continental has more flight options and destination options...I know you asked Disney, but miles are important...so, it all factors in.

Of course, I will fly Southwest any day over United...which is bad news for me with the United/Continental merger...especially since it looks like things are going to follow United's ways.

Upvote 0

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
JetBlue. Always competitively priced, and you can not beat Direct TV in every seat. Especially in the fall. We flew home on Sunday last year, NFL package. It was awesome.

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

We always fly Continental..maybe from years of being able to fly standby since my dad works there..now, we can't bcuz of the kids..They beat Southwest EVERY time with fare, I am 15 minutes from that airport, with two kiddos I NEED assigned seating, especially since one is a lap rider and my hubby and I have to have a game plan..and FIRST CLASS !!! Continental will send you an email 24hours before departure if there are 1st class upgrades available for a ridiculously reduced rate!!! Last year we were able to upgrade our three seats on the way there for $79.00 a person !!!!

Upvote 0

foreverbelle

We always seem to fly with whomever has the better price, or time available. Lately however we seem to be flying a lot with Jetblue...great for the lil one the tv entertains him throughout the flight. At least that is the plan and hope anyway.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We always fly Continental..maybe from years of being able to fly standby since my dad works there..now, we can't bcuz of the kids..They beat Southwest EVERY time with fare, I am 15 minutes from that airport, with two kiddos I NEED assigned seating, especially since one is a lap rider and my hubby and I have to have a game plan..and FIRST CLASS !!! Continental will send you an email 24hours before departure if there are 1st class upgrades available for a ridiculously reduced rate!!! Last year we were able to upgrade our three seats on the way there for $79.00 a person !!!![/QUOTE]

LOVE THAT!!! We flew out of IAH last week and the upgrade to first class was something like $69pp.

Upvote 0

Gojira ゴジラ

We used to take Southwest, but this time we go with Virgin (in 8 days woohoo!).

I found that the price is perhaps slightly higher and bags don't fly free, bummer! But it's a direct flight from SF to Orlando plus entertainment on every seat.
I'm not gonna miss those southwest peanuts i think

Upvote 0

MaryJaneP

Southwest. Pricing and schedule favors our travel plans. I must complain, however, that is it not very funny when men say wives travel at no cost (bags fly free).

Upvote 0

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
I'm not beholden to any particular airline. I go where the cheapest rate. This upcoming trip, it's Southwest. My last two trips were Continental. I've also flown Jet Blue, Delta, and Spirit (which I'll never fly again).

My favorite is Continental because they're extremely reliable, efficient, and their staff both on and off the plane is unparalleled (in my experience).

Upvote 0

erinshaneb

We always fly Continental..maybe from years of being able to fly standby since my dad works there..now, we can't bcuz of the kids..They beat Southwest EVERY time with fare, I am 15 minutes from that airport, with two kiddos I NEED assigned seating, especially since one is a lap rider and my hubby and I have to have a game plan..and FIRST CLASS !!! Continental will send you an email 24hours before departure if there are 1st class upgrades available for a ridiculously reduced rate!!! Last year we were able to upgrade our three seats on the way there for $79.00 a person !!!![/QUOTE]

LOVE THAT!!! We flew out of IAH last week and the upgrade to first class was something like $69pp.

HA !!! That's where we fly out of..I live about 15 minutes north of IAH...lol:ROFLOL: everyone..."it's a small world after all..it's a small world after all"

Upvote 0

eddiemcgarrigle

I always used to be First Choice (cheap seat upgrade) for my hops over the pond but pricing and stupid Monday flight times have me plumping for Disney's airline of choice, Virgin Atlantic.

Upvote 0

Spike-in-Berlin

Last time Delta but we were VERY disappointed and we will not fly Delta again. On both flights to Orlando, Berlin-New York and New-York-Orlando we had the worst seats in the plane. But our vacation took off the moment we landed (for the first time) at Orlando International, amazing airport, definitely inspired by WDW. And when we got into the Magical Express at the airport vacation at WDW definitely had begun.

Upvote 0

611williamsj

We always fly with Virgin Atlantic they offer the best value for money no hidden extras like pay for luggage or meals and if you do it through Virgin Holidays you get more of the rockstar service like the v-room at Gatwick and soon at Manchester plus dedicated desks at Orlando for car hire and if in the v-room at busy times express security

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom