what about that "new ride" in Epcot...

Chroniq

I am unaware of any construction errors that would have prevented the show from being installed in Epcot.
The decision to cancel the project came not from WDI, but from Burbank, and was indeed entirely due to concerns about how to handle the WW2 years, and the high potential for controversy.:wave:

I thought Martin might respond directly to this. In his "Ultimate Tribute to Japan" video (awesome as always). He states that there was a construction error that would have resulted in a complete rebuild of the show building if they wanted to go ahead with MTW.

Though in this thread, he hasn't contradicted your statment Lee. I'm just looking for clarification.... For folks that haven't seen Martin's (Marni1971) video, check out mousebits. He makes incredible stuff.

Lee

Adventurer
Though in this thread, he hasn't contradicted your statment Lee. I'm just looking for clarification....
He's since filled me in. :wave:
I honestly hadn't heard that story. I do know that the issues with the MTW story were valid, so now I'm trying to find out how the two problems came together.
It appears likely that the construction issue "gave them an out" and allowed them to cancel the potentially controversial show without actually having to reveal their motives. If they really wanted the show in there, they would have made it work.

EPCOT Explorer

I thought Martin might respond directly to this. In his "Ultimate Tribute to Japan" video (awesome as always). He states that there was a construction error that would have resulted in a complete rebuild of the show building if they wanted to go ahead with MTW.

Though in this thread, he hasn't contradicted your statment Lee. I'm just looking for clarification.... For folks that haven't seen Martin's (Marni1971) video, check out mousebits. He makes incredible stuff.

I don't have that one....Anyone seeding?:D

hardcard

Has nothing to do with anything.

actually.. a 'Everest' type coaster in Japan was planned YEARS (see 10+) ago, and the Kodak relationship DID sour the deal, because Fuji Film was the 'would be' sponsor at the time...

This may have nothing to do with the spun 'merfcrap' from the past, but it is indeed factual none the less... Just a LOT older than merf's rumor.

EpcoTim

Yep...Or something local.:lol:

Not too many Benihana's down here.

Seriously. I vowed never to go back after last year. Everything was sticky. The tables were gross, the food was awful, the service sucked. So i tried it again and this time right at the little bar thing they have. Same thing, everything was sticky the sushi was definitely sub-par and they couldnt get my drink right to save my life. Plus, watching ham-fisted Americans complain about eating noodles with a fork and then resorting to using their hands to eat noodles was not pleasant at all.

Chroniq

From mousebits, type in the search box "Japan Martin" without the quotes. I'm the only seeder. I don't know how to attach files on this forum...

bjlc57

Original Poster
well.. pain in the butt or not..

he may have been a pain in the butt, but Mouse Merf had great photos and lots of spicy tidbits enough to miss him...

and its too bad that this ride isn't going to happen.

both are missed right now..

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
he may have been a pain in the butt, but Mouse Merf had great photos and lots of spicy tidbits enough to miss him...

Mcbeth-Bentel-And-Margedant-s-Universal-Boring-Machine.png
+
blue%20tit.jpg

Chroniq

Feel free to laugh, but I don't understand the pictures or the saying you are trying to derive from them?

You have a boring machine.. and a picture of a blue t i t (seriously thats name of the bird)......

Are you calling him a boring tXt? Is that a common UK term?

jt04

Feel free to laugh, but I don't understand the pictures or the saying you are trying to derive from them?

You have a boring machine.. and a picture of a blue t i t (seriously thats name of the bird)......

Are you calling him a boring tXt? Is that a common UK term?

It's "nak speak". It's more like art than science.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom