What about a total Epcot demolish??

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
That's an awful lot of infrastructure to re-create as it was purpose-built. There's also the issue of sinkholes to deal with

KBLovedDisney

no please.

JIMINYCR

Certainly not. EPCOT does need some things added and changed to help it become improved but theres no need to demolish it entirely. I see it has faults but thats because Disney has ignored it for a long time and thought that just by making it an event park, that would satisfy guests enough. I dont see it as being the total disaster as many others spout on and on about. I have hopes for it still.

Maelstrom Troll

I think Epcot needs a breathalyzer to get into the bar areas but is otherwise on the right path to recovery. I mean I wish for less toons in the WS but 🤷‍♂️, cant win em all.

FettFan

Now I know it would never happen but Do you think it would be better if they would totally get rid of Epcot and build something new and totally different??

They could call it "Six Flags".

I remember growing up with Astroworld....had the Central American-themed Mayan Mindbender roller coaster next to the Chinese-themed Bamboo Shoot log ride,
Bamboo_1.jpg

and those were a stones throw away from Taz's Texas Tornado.

Just no thematic synergy whatsoever.

Last edited:

JIMINYCR

But that wasn't the question. Your answer does explain in part however, why it won't be demolished.
Dont know what you misunderstood. My answer to her question... Do you think it would be better, was answered in the first two words. .... Certainly not.

Solves one problem but creates another. EPCOT as a "community of tomorrow" doesn't exist. The name itself is simply an anachronism. The park is ill-conceived and poorly executed. So you tear it down and build what? A new park requires visionaries with the support of leadership. I don't see Park visionaries with the current leadership nor do I get a sense that Disney as a corporation would support such visionaries.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom