We've Just Begun to Dream - my anniversary MP3

gsimpson

problem

The original link to listen to is caused both One Care live and Symantec to claim the link has a Trojan in it. The second link to save the file did not. Perhaps that is why some people were not able to listen to it at first.

SirNim

Okie..

While understanding the historic value - am I the only person who just does not like this music?
I personally love the driving beat. And the triumphant fanfare.

The vocal section is a little weak, granted. But whenever I listen to music, I never listen to the vocals. The instrumentation, melody, counterpoint, and rhythm are where it's at! And I think the song works wonderfully in this regard! It should make a rousing comeback!

SirNim

I gues i'm just an oddball - i loath excessively long lead-ins.
Oh—the lead-in... I think it's only due to the nature of the recordings from which Martin produced this version... If ever there were an officially produced track on, say, a Randy Thornton-compiled official album, the instrumental introduction would be pulled back and more traditional in its duration...

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
The `drum roll` is faithful to the first time the song was performed in public. The rest of the intro is faithful to the rope drop version. The quieter passage minus Jack Wagner took forever to get right; each version I used has its own blemish, thankfully in different places.

dandaman

Martin, that is some great mixing. I could only recognize the tune; never knew the name since I've never heard the vocals. :lol:

SDav10495

The piece is based on the Epitaph of Seiklos. Its one of the oldests pieces of music that has survived. Its ancient. It was the first piece we listened to in Music History. I hear the first 6 notes and I think to myself, "Oh my God! That's from Epcot!"

Whoa...listening to the Epitaph of Seikilos from various people's YouTube videos (what a brilliant site), I hear what you're talking about. That's incredible--practically the oldest complete piece of music in history being built upon millennia later to celebrate a new age of human achievement. It's a fantastic parallel, intentional or not.

ETA: OK, so I'm listening some more--definitely intentional.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom