Western Way is a Huge Speedtrap.....

DisneyDefenders

If an Osceola Deputy pulled you over by Downtown Disney, then they were WAY out of their jurisdiction. Take it to court

Living in Miami...I wasn't planning on driving all the way up to Orlando just to fight a silly ticket. I just think it's rediculous and personally feel that it's getting quite a few other visitors to the resort upset too!

AEfx

I saw so many people pulled over on my trip last week it really warmed my heart. :) Yay to them for stepping up enforcement of the law, and keeping people safer at the Happiest Place on Earth.

AEfx

bob0012

I saw so many people pulled over on my trip last week it really warmed my heart. :) Yay to them for stepping up enforcement of the law, and keeping people safer at the Happiest Place on Earth.

AEfx

I agree with you that its nice to see some enforcement with all the crazy driving that goes on, however the speed limits on Western Way are ridiculous. Wide open road with no traffic or sharp turns and the speed limit is 30 for about 1/3rd of it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........................................I hadnt realise it was an accident black spot, a money making one...now thats more likely.

I'm glad they lowered the speed limit. I say this because...

One time when I was on a bus going back to the Corenado Springs, some lunatic was speeding ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD AND WAS HEADING TOWRDS THE FRONT OF THE BUS I WAS IN. Everyone noticed the car when a lady in the front screamed like bloody murder, and then, before the bus driver could do anything, the car... Sped off of the road and hit a stop sign. (THANK GOD!)

Well, that's my two cents for now. :)

Oh, and from my knowledge, the guy speeding in the car was fine. And so was everybody on the bus, including me.

PigletIsMyCat

Totally wish I had seen this thread earlier today, I might have been able to avoid getting my first moving violation in almost ten years. I was driving from the SALSA sale at Epcot to Property Control to exercise my *extra* 20% off and was doing 57 in a 35. I have no clue what the name of the road is, but my ticket says 'World Dr Seven Seas'. I was on the road that goes towards the Contemporary after you pass through the toll plaza. Officer from Orange Sheriff's Office was very polite, even showed me the radar gun with the little numbers on it. Then was sweet enough to only write me up for 44 in a 35, thus saving me $125. :brick:

Although he did write down that my tag was FL issued, which it isn't. My car is still registered in NY. Hmmm.... wonder if that means I don't have to pay it.....

bob0012

I'm glad they lowered the speed limit. I say this because...

One time when I was on a bus going back to the Corenado Springs, some lunatic was speeding ON THE WRONG SIDE OF THE ROAD AND WAS HEADING TOWRDS THE FRONT OF THE BUS I WAS IN. Everyone noticed the car when a lady in the front screamed like bloody murder, and then, before the bus driver could do anything, the car... Sped off of the road and hit a stop sign. (THANK GOD!)

Well, that's my two cents for now. :)

Oh, and from my knowledge, the guy speeding in the car was fine. And so was everybody on the bus, including me.

Yea but that has nothing to do with the speed limit.

Gorjus

I was driving from the SALSA sale at Epcot to Property Control .....

Oh my goodness. I went to that this morning, not having any clue what to expect. The line to just get in was over 90 minutes long. Then I would have had to wait an hour to check out. So I got back in my little car and went on other errands. I was disappointed. I might try another day. Maybe the line was just that absurd the first day.

Oh, and I drive Western Way everyday to work. I agree the 35 mph speed limit over the bridge and then to the light is a bit silly. And I haven't seen any speed checkers lately, but a month ago there was one there every day.

Gorjus

Nemo14

Here is a story from WKMG. The Orange County Sheriff's Office is using officers dressed in Holiday costumes. I wonder if they will do this on Disney property?

http://www.local6.com/news/10485255/detail.html
That is just bizarre, but wouldn't it be cool if the cops on Disney property had to wear Villains costumes? It might make you feel better about getting a $200 speeding ticket if you got to have it signed by Captain Hook!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom