Western Way is a Huge Speedtrap.....

Dwarful

OK I see by these posts (or at least I think I do) that this new Western Way is near the Coronado Springs resort..so i am going to go out on a limb here and ask for some info.

We are driving down from Illinois and staying for our first time at CRS. We will be coming in from I-75 south...whats the most direct route for us to take to get to CSR from this point?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
OK I see by these posts (or at least I think I do) that this new Western Way is near the Coronado Springs resort..so i am going to go out on a limb here and ask for some info.

We are driving down from Illinois and staying for our first time at CRS. We will be coming in from I-75 south...whats the most direct route for us to take to get to CSR from this point?
I75 South to Florida's Turnpike South to SR429, take the WDW Exit :)

WTBAD

Take the Turnpike off I-75 just south of Wildwood. Head south on the Turnpike to exit 267A. This will be Tool Road 429. Once on 429 you only have about 14 miles to go. Exit off 429 at exit 8. This will put you on Disney property. Here is where the speed limit drops to 45. I just came back from WDW & used the WW. I never drove less than 50 & had no problem with cops. Just keep an eye open.

Saw one

On our last trip (Sept 06) when we used Western way for the first time.. There was a copy just outside of the WDW Welcome sign, facing property. Slowed down in a heart beat. =) I was thinking it was smart to have someone stationed there just off of property, but now they're going inside property too? That doesn't seem right.. I've never seen someone get a ticket for speeding in a parking lot or other private property.

Anyway.. Back to reality.

mkt

Premium Member
think orange and Osceola county have a problem with that?? its one way to get even more tax income ;)
albeit with the questionable legality and ethics of handing out state issued citations while working for a private company on private property

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Next time you see one of the green boys (OCSO) passing out tickets, look at the car, is the plate for out of state, gee, think about it. Sure COULD be a rental, but seriously, more likely some holier then though tourista haten playa thinkin dat Disney is THEIR speedway.

TTFN,
Mark
lepowphoto.com

Or theyre late for a SuperSprint in Clermont :lol:

(Its a joke only me and Mark would get)

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
It kills me that they sit out there adding to the coffers in such a desolate area. While over at the North end of property by the fireworks firing site for MK we have almost been involved in 7 vehicular accidents and almost hit standing on side of the road putting trash in the dumpster 3 times due to people going 60 in a 35 and passing on a double yellow. These guys have been asked countless times to patrol this area, but have yet to date. Will it take a serious accident before they will notice.

I totally agree..... People love to drive insanely wrecklessly around grand floridian way.

Frank Stallone

One important factor to mention: Orange County's police department was brought in at Disney's request. Disney was getting an increased amount of complaints due to the speeds being driven by those on the streets (admittedly, us cast members can take most of the blame for that), as well as the increase in accidents.

Disney requested Orange County to come and enforce the speed limits.

Am I glad that Disney is safer? Yes. Do I agree with seeing multiple officers nearly every day when I drive down Western Way to and from work? No. Put them somewhere that driving 10 over the speed limit could be dangerous. These people driving 50 in a 35 are alone on that street.

trr313

Yeah we have almost all noticed that and posted it a few times but newbies need to know as well. That would be a horrible start to a vacation.

DisneyDefenders

Is This Really Necessary!?!

On a recent trip...we had just missed the bus to Downtown Disney at Animal Kingdom Lodge and decided to take the car instead. On the way there, one of my headlights went out. I was getting ready to pull into the HESS across from Downtown Disney to refuel when all of a sudden an Osceola police officer pulls me over and actually gives me a ticket for having my headlight out! Now c'mon...if someone is on vacation, is it really necessary to be such a stickler and write a ticket for something so rediculous!?!

My overall view of this is that most people come to WDW to get away from reality for a while. Now, I'm not saying for Disney to allow outright criminal acts to happen on property...but having to worry about traffic cops is something that we all deal with in the "real world" and I think we can do without at Walt Disney World!

CBOMB

Thanks everone for all the information on the speedtraps, and the directions. Just one other question, is 429 better than 27 to 192 on a Saturday getting to the Wilderness Lodge.

mkt

Premium Member
On a recent trip...we had just missed the bus to Downtown Disney at Animal Kingdom Lodge and decided to take the car instead. On the way there, one of my headlights went out. I was getting ready to pull into the HESS across from Downtown Disney to refuel when all of a sudden an Osceola police officer pulls me over and actually gives me a ticket for having my headlight out! Now c'mon...if someone is on vacation, is it really necessary to be such a stickler and write a ticket for something so rediculous!?!

My overall view of this is that most people come to WDW to get away from reality for a while. Now, I'm not saying for Disney to allow outright criminal acts to happen on property...but having to worry about traffic cops is something that we all deal with in the "real world" and I think we can do without at Walt Disney World!
If an Osceola Deputy pulled you over by Downtown Disney, then they were WAY out of their jurisdiction. Take it to court

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom