West gate Development

jedimaster1227

Universal isn't done - Not by a long shot. They've got plans to purchase more land - A LOT more land. They're already got 5 more hotels that have been in the works.

They don't have to purchase any more land. The vacant lot next to Universal itself is owned by Universal... The land was originally intended to be used for the relocation of Wet n' Wild, the construction of a third gate and the addition of several new hotels.

Now, plans have been updated to focus mostly on hotel space with at least two towers definitely waiting on the final green light to start construction. The third gate and the relocation of Wet n' Wild is almost definitely delayed, if not cancelled altogether.

SirGoofy

You mean like CP, Holidays around the world, the Osbourne lights and SWW.

I also do not recall HHN being free either.:drevil::D

:lol:

I know, I know. Those are great things that are free, but it's ridiculous to charge for the MK parties, IMO.

True, HHN isn't free, but HHN involves the complete transformation of the parks into a haunted world, where as things like MNSSHP, P&P, and MVMCP involve very few cosmetic changes from normal day operations, yet you have to pay extra to view them.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
:lol:

I know, I know. Those are great things that are free, but it's ridiculous to charge for the MK parties, IMO.

True, HHN isn't free, but HHN involves the complete transformation of the parks into a haunted world, where as things like MNSSHP, P&P, and MVMCP involve very few cosmetic changes from normal day operations, yet you have to pay extra to view them.
True but people will line up to pay so why not charge.

SirGoofy

True but people will line up to pay so why not charge.

You know I hate that, right?:lol:

Show>Efficiency

No matter how many people are willing to pay, there's always going to be a large number who won't(or can't), yet still want to see the Halloween and Christmas offerings.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
You know I hate that, right?:lol:

Show>Efficiency

No matter how many people are willing to pay, there's always going to be a large number who won't(or can't), yet still want to see the Halloween and Christmas offerings.
I don't like it much either. I really won't like it when I am shelling out $300+ for MNSSHP tickets this weekend, but WDW is a business and they will make money any way they can.

SirGoofy

I don't like it much either. I really won't like it when I am shelling out $300+ for MNSSHP tickets this weekend, but WDW is a business and they will make money any way they can.

I realize.

But when the whole show trumps efficiency thing is pounded into your head time after time, and yet you see them doing the complete opposite...It's kinda annoying.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I realize.

But when the whole show trumps efficiency thing is pounded into your head time after time, and yet you see them doing the complete opposite...It's kinda annoying.
I don really see it as a show vs efficiency issue. After all they aren't cutting back on the show just charging for it.

By the way are you still a CM?

s8film40

All of the christmas offerings are free during regular park hours when it gets close to Christmas, well except the hot chocolate and cookies.

SirGoofy

All of the christmas offerings are free during regular park hours when it gets close to Christmas, well except the hot chocolate and cookies.

And fireworks.:wave:

Seems pretty ridiculous to charge 60 extra bucks for cookie, hot chocolate and fireworks, don't you?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And fireworks.:wave:

Seems pretty ridiculous to charge 60 extra bucks for cookie, hot chocolate and fireworks, don't you?
Kinda depends on if you are the buyer or the seller.:D But there are extra perks like the shows, parades and most importantly deserted parks. That is what my $60 is for.

trr1

That's a pretty depressing logic. So, they don't think any new theme parks could be built there? How about another water park? The 2 parks they have now aren't nearly enough for the summer months.

I've said it for a couple years now - Disney continues to sell land, and Universal continues to buy it. I give it 15 years, and Universal will become the #1 vacation spot in the world.

wouldnt it be ironic if universal bought alot of the property that disney is selling

devoy1701

It's simply a way to sell off land. Just as they have done with Celebration, Crossroads, Little Lake Bryan, and the Four Seasons development. Disney bought far more land than they needed for a theme park resort and they have been slowly selling ever since. It makes perfect sense if they just tried to sell off everything they didn't need all at once they would not get that much for it, but developing individual parcels one at a time and then selling individual lots within a development creates a much greater return on investment.

I think you need to brush up on your history of Walt Disney and what he had hoped to accomplish in Florida.

lebeau

We were in Orlando last fall and checked out Sea World and Universal for the first time. Of course I wanted to visit Disney too. A MNSSHP ticket was cheaper than a one-day ticket and came with all the extras; parade, fireworks, candy etc. But the empty park was worth the price alone. We got to do everything - no waiting.

In our case, the party was actually a bargain!

s8film40

I think you need to brush up on your history of Walt Disney and what he had hoped to accomplish in Florida.
I assure you that is one particular area I have researched very thoroughly. What Walt Disney hoped to accomplish in Florida and what the Disney company decided to do in Florida after Walt Disney's death are very drastically different things. Had he lived another ten years history would reflect very differently on Walt Disney and Disney World.

Walt 1901

Does anyone know how much say Disney will have in the design and use of the four season property or do they lose that with the sale. The use of Bay Lake to be specific

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Does anyone know how much say Disney will have in the design and use of the four season property or do they lose that with the sale. The use of Bay Lake to be specific
It has been a good while since I looked at the details of the agreement but from what I remember Disney does still does have some creative control. It would be somewhat similar to a homeowners association's control over the houses in a subdivision. In regards to Bay Lake the resort will actually not be on Bay Lake. Whether they have access to it for transportation and the like remains to be seen.

PurpleDragon

I'm sure there are a number of reasons Disney is selling off bits of land on the outskirts of the WDW property. However I wouldn't doubt that the amount of fees and taxes they have to pay the state of Florida for the unused land is probably a good enough reason in itself.

With the economy the way it is and the increase in property taxes all across Florida over the past few years, this isn't really surprising. Also I'm sure there are guidelines, maintenance, and annual testing/surveys for protected wetlands that are costing a pretty penny too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom