We're telling the kids today!

SallyShine

Original Poster
Finally, after 5 months, we're telling the kids today! We leave in exactly one week. I've got a basic idea of how we're going to tell them, but I thought maybe some of you would have some fun ideas. We have 3 boys (15, 13 & 9). My DH is so happy that I can share the details with the kids and leave him alone. He's been quite a sport.

Almost two years without the Mouse! I can't wait :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

napnet

Have your DH go outside and play football with them. As soon as he scores a touch down yell "Were goin to Disney World!" :lol:

David

Might be kinda late to pull this off since yo're doing this today, but what about a Publisher's Clearing House type of notice. Have some folks come with a video camera, Mickey balloons, a large "check" made payable to the kids for a trip to WDW.

bgraham34

Oh oh can i tell oh please oh please. Lets play dial a complete stranger and i can answer and tell them.

Or if you dont like that idea. Give each boy a card, in the first card you say "Were" 2nd "going to" 3rd "DisneyWorld"

Or get a Pinatta and put Disney stuff in it and tell them they have to break it open to find out were they are going.

CAPTAIN HOOK

On our last trip to Florida we had booked the Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim and didn't tell the girls until we were on the plane half way over the Atlantic.
Its a 10 hour flight so to keep them busy I compiled a large Disney crossword and told them that there was a prize if they could do it all. Well it worked - it kept them quiet and occupied and when they'd finished they each received a small envelope.
Inside the envelope was a card saying "The bearer of this card is entitled to a days swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove"

I'm sure the idea can be adapted.

Nemo14

How about having a Disney-themed dinner tonight or a recipe from a Disney restaurant, then have DH complain that he'd rather have it at WDW. So your reply would be, "Well, we'll find out next week!" :sohappy:

tharmscott

We were suppose to go last year but plans got changed. I was planning on surprising my girls and I was going to send them on a scavenger hunt with clues planted in different place leading them from one part of the house to the other with the final stop being their suitcases with their tickets. I hope you have fun!!!!!

Shellybelle

napnet said:
Have your DH go outside and play football with them. As soon as he scores a touch down yell "Were goin to Disney World!" :lol:

That's a great idea!!!

On our recent trip we took off and told my daughter we were going to Memphis, something we frequently do. She fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and woke up in Atlanta. We weren't going to tell her, just let her see the Disney gates as we drove up, but she kept asking so many questions we finally gave up and told her. She didn't believe us until she started reading the highway signs.

bucklmd

One year for Christmas, my parents hid puzzle pieces all over our house and we had to read clues to find out where to get them. The finishing puzzle pieces were in the Christmas tree. Anyway, we put the puzzle together, which was a Mickey puzzle (maybe a 30-piece puzzle total) and then the instructions said we had to flip the puzzle over. The backside of the puzzle revealed we were going to Disney. Boy, we sure deserved it after all that hard work. God love my parents!!!! Can't wait to have my own kids someday.

Anyway, kudos to you for keeping the secret. I don't know how you have done it. I just booked a surprise trip to Disney for my husband's b-day in June. It took all of about 12 hours before I spilled my guts. Ha!! Couldn't stand it.

Glasgow

"One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. "Oh, no," I said, "Disneyland burned down." He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late."

-Jack Handy

hehe

Can't say I'd see the funny side of it ... :(
In my youth, we went to Cornwall in south-east England for a two week holiday. Near our holiday home was Dairyland. Now it's quite a good place for what it is, what with all the cows and goats and stuff. (!) But of course, being the 2 year old i was, thought we were going to Disneyland! I got so worked up on the journey that when we arrived, I just cried and cried all day. Happy Holidays!

Glasgow

Beany-Fantasmic said:
Can't say I'd see the funny side of it ... :(
In my youth, we went to Cornwall in south-east England for a two week holiday. Near our holiday home was Dairyland. Now it's quite a good place for what it is, what with all the cows and goats and stuff. (!) But of course, being the 2 year old i was, thought we were going to Disneyland! I got so worked up on the journey that when we arrived, I just cried and cried all day. Happy Holidays!

It's a skit from a comedy show in the US. :wave:

TLM323

I can't wait to read what you did & their reaction(s)!!! :)

We surprised my girls (twins) at Christmas ... they are 14, and have been begging to GO BACK to Disney (since the moment they left, in 1997!).

We put Disney Dollars, Tour Books, & a Stuffed Piglet & Tigger in a Huge Wrapped Box, with an Envelope (for each of them) on Top. We told them to READ OUT LOUD, and noted who should read first. One's note said "We know you've waited a long time for this ... " the other said "... just hang on for 100 More Days!" They were shaking like leaves, totally confused, and bursting with excitement. When they opened the box, I had a Note (on top of the goodies) that said "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEYWORLD!!!" They were ecstatic, to say the least! :)

HAVE FUN TELLING THEM!!!!!

WE LEAVE FOR DISNEY IN 12 MORE DAYS!!!!!! :sohappy:

hankhill

We're Not!

We actually leave on a Monday (5/1) and will leave the house about the same time we would drop them at the bus stop. When they firgure out they are not going to school that day is the time they will find out we are going to DWorld! I am not sure with only a week left I would tell them. I think you are robbing yourself of a wonderful surprise. Just my opinion.

dandaman

hankhill said:
We actually leave on a Monday (5/1) and will leave the house about the same time we would drop them at the bus stop. When they firgure out they are not going to school that day is the time they will find out we are going to DWorld! I am not sure with only a week left I would tell them. I think you are robbing yourself of a wonderful surprise. Just my opinion.

I've thought about if my parents had done that. It occured to me that, I might want to tell all my friends first, just so they know where I am the next two weeks. :lol:

GoofyFan1

Enjoy your trip.

When you tell the kids remeber the look on their faces. The only better look is when they see the Castle for the first time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom